do you work out infront of your other half?

Options

Replies

• MissFluffyBuns
    Options
    As long as he's working out WITH me at the same time, yes. :-) I like the company.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    As heavy as I have been and still being quite heavy I never thought I could workout in front of (or with) anyone let alone my Beloved.
    But he has walked in on me from being outside---door leads to the living room.
    Surprisingly I wasn't that mortified lol
    Besides, he seems to encourage me & compliment me MORE when he sees that i'm kicking fattys ***.

Our kids sometimes workout with me too.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I workout in front of the whole world..haha.

I make videos for my team and when I am testing for Kuk Sool..you have an audience.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I go to the gym together in the mornings. He rides the bike behind me when I do the elliptical or treadmill. He likes to send texts saying cute butt which makes me smile.
    lol love this
  • ivyana25
    Options
    My husband does exercise daily... So he loves the fact that i started doing exercise... It kinda turns him on... lol.. I love it when he checks out my *kitten* and makes comments about it..
  • misslmarie28
    misslmarie28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes..I take bootcamp classes with my husband, and we have a great time. It's good bonding time so give it a try! If your husband corrects you ...ask him to write the correction down so you can read it at a later time ; )
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    All the time but then I've been married for over 23 years. When we first got married I worked out with him b/c he was a personal trainer...maybe I don't count on this question.
  • Lmom1
    Lmom1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Nope. He thinks if I am not doing hours of cardio or 100 situps, it isn't worth it. But at least I am exercising!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    When I work out at home, I do it in front of my husband. He calls it the "bun show." :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My wife and i don't even work out at the same gym!! she does occasionally ask me questions, but mostly she just does her own investigating to get answers. the main thing is, we couldn't work out together anyway, with the kiddos not in bed until 8 or so, we mostly just alternate nights with one staying home, and the other working out. My wife has a good friend she lifts with, and I mostly work out by myself
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I used to feel that way about working out in front of my hubby. But I got over that, my health and fitness are more important than my insecurities. I've found that all he does is stare and tell me how hot I am :tongue: . It has actually done wonders for my confidence :love:
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    Always. But I am guilty or pushing her and/or correcting form. she hates it.
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My hubby gropes me too! We always with out together though, it's fun and we motivate each other :)
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Well I like to swim when the weather is warm enough. He likes to watch especially if the boys aren't home and I am trying to avoid tan lines.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a way to work out my arms without my legs present yet.......
  • steffers151
    steffers151 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, we work out in front of each other all of the time. I find it to be encouraging because we support each other. =)
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I do it once in a while, but he tries to grope me during squats and straddle me during burpees. But it's fun when he does that. Actually, my dog "bothers" me more than my spouse. My dog knows the cues on the DVDs I use already and likes to stretch with me. One of the joys of working out at home is having a 70 lb dog going into downward dog with you. LOL

lol awww I think my dog would just jump around trying to play with me. Reminds me of this video I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rMAzWm3a8

I do like working out with hubby. He's overseas so I can't and I miss it. He pushes me and is very encouraging, but he does also correct me a lot. Sometimes gets frustrating but honestly he knows more about proper form than I do, and he just wants me to reap the full benefits from it without injuring myself.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work out together at the gym in the mornings. we Crossfit, so we lift, run, burpee, lift, wall ball, pushups, lift, pullups, situps, lift, squat, rope climb, lift..... lol. you get the picture.

i absolutely LOVE working out with my husband. we help each other stay correct on form and push one another to go as hard as we can, plus more. He's my favorite workout partner, always supportive and encouraging.

it also makes it easier because then we are on the same page at home. we do the grocery shopping together, and help keep one another in check there too. he helps me make healthy recipes and clean up afterwards.

all in all.... having your spouse take the journey with you makes the biggest difference in the world!!! i couldn't do as well as i do without him beside me!!

best of luck to those who may have a tougher time with their spouses... my advice, let them see your excitement and progress, and eventually they will want in on it too!!
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love working out with him. It's great to be together doing workouts. So what if we sweat? That's why there's a shower right? :) I would love to be fit enough to start doing more partner exercise. That's my goal to be able to do at least 1 real push up (no knees) and then work from there. Eventually able to do a partner push up together with him. That will be awesome.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I can do anything and everything in front of my hubby why would I not feel totally comfortable with him