do you work out infront of your other half?

Options

Replies

• carissawhitworth
    Options
    I love working out infront of my hubby hes so supportive. He will walk by me on the treadmill and slap my butt or just come and see how many laps ive done and say wow good job, hes SKINNY and literally watches me while eating a bowl of ice cream but still at a time when I feel so jiggly and unattractive he has a way of making me feel empowered and still desireable. It's sweet :) I look forward to that but slap and now that Ive been doing all these glute excersises hes been nodding and winking at it in apporval while mid work out. If that aint motivation I don't know what is!! :)
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love working out infront of my hubby hes so supportive. He will walk by me on the treadmill and slap my butt or just come and see how many laps ive done and say wow good job, hes SKINNY and literally watches me while eating a bowl of ice cream but still at a time when I feel so jiggly and unattractive he has a way of making me feel empowered and still desireable. It's sweet :) I look forward to that but slap and now that Ive been doing all these glute excersises hes been nodding and winking at it in apporval while mid work out. If that aint motivation I don't know what is!! :)

love this! :)
  • jay10587
    jay10587 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I go to the gym together in the mornings. He rides the bike behind me when I do the elliptical or treadmill. He likes to send texts saying cute butt which makes me smile.

That's the best :blushing:
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I go on a 2 mile walk every morning. He hits the gym an hour later. I go to the gym after work. But we do go to the gym together at times. We're not side by side, but I've never felt the need to shield myself away from him. In fact, sometimes I think it holds me more accountable!
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    love to do it infront of him so the way i can encourage him to do the same! i just hate that im working my *kitten* hard and he's just playing at his playstation and eating all those junks annd th most exciting part is he try to feed me with his junks with smirk on his face! soooo sweet!!:mad: :mad:
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Actually, my dog "bothers" me more than my spouse. My dog knows the cues on the DVDs I use already and likes to stretch with me. One of the joys of working out at home is having a 70 lb dog going into downward dog with you. LOL

My dog does the same thing! Except there's three dogs in my house (granted all three together soaking wet probably don't weigh as much as yours lol). Try to do an ab workout in my house while laying on the floor and you've got three dogs jumping all over you!

OP, my husband and I sometimes work out together. I don't do a DVD in front of him though since than he's just sitting there watching me and it's a little weird, If he happens to be watching that's fine. We sometimes do exercise DVDs together.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I felt alittle awkward but now I don't care lol. I've worked out in front of him so many times, I got used to it. :wink:
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I recently started to. I don't mind it actually.
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    AW THANK YOU :)))
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    My husband usually isn't home when I start my workout but often he comes in during and I have no problem with it. Sometimes it's flattering when he's checking me out and totally ignores whatever else is going on. If we can we run together or hit the Y on weekends. He is very athletic so at first I was more shy, but as I got better and I also found how encouraging he was I got over that!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Between Zumba and TurboJam.. he normally votes for Zumba. ;)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    we work out together.

sometimes it's helpful, sometimes it's not. but i greatly value his support, and miss him when he doesn't want to go with me.

he used to love watching me kick box, that creep! jiggling ladybits :laugh:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Half the time, he isn't even paying attention. He knows I am in my zone and to just let me be. He is very athletic so he understands the concentration needed. We also work out together at least once a week!
  • dcompo1108
    dcompo1108 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work out together. We find that we motivate and push each other. For example, at the gym on friday last week I wanted to give up on our 45 minute cardio, but he made me stay and finish. I couldn't walk after but I would have stopped and left if he wasn't there. Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • stacezilla
    Options
    lol yes.

I've even had my boyfriend take half naked videos of me doing squats so that I could see if my form was right.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I never used to be able to work out in front of boyfriends but these days I'm so preoccupied by sorting out the kids squabbles and trying to workout with a little person clinging to my leg and climbing over me that he's the least of my worries lol
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My wife and I try to get a work out in together whenever we can. It's kinda hard what with my job and our four children.

When we work together, she usually apologizes because, at least at the moment, I'm a heavier lifter and know my way around the gym a bit better and doesn't want me to feel like she's holding me back. I personally love working out with her. Or running with her. Or biking with her.

She crushes me when we swim together. But at least she's at least as encouraging as I am to her, even if she's light years better than I.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't like him around for workout dvds, but didn't care if he was in the room while I was using the home gym. We had to get rid of the home gym, so now he's just banished. Haha
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah! He works harder when I'm around...
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We do,but usually we are doing the workout together. I don't have any mirrors in the living room so I can't see my form. I really don't want to see myself do it either lol. If we see each other doing something a little wrong we say something because that is how you end up getting injured. I would rather know than not.