To all you mothers out there...

Options

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months."

cm-26626-0507dee68a90fe.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    mmmmmk?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    mmmmmk?

Would Bang.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between 24 months and 35 months. Both are 2 years old, but a 24 and 35 month old have huge differences between them. It can be easy for people dealing with children to continue using months just to deal with these differences. We don't purposely (for the most part) carry it into casual conversation. It's just natural.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    most parents, not just mothers, I know go months until age 2 because of developmental milestones. a 16 month old can/should do different things than a 20 month old. It's science. Also, I think clothing sizes make a difference as well, 12/18/24/months...etc. I can't believe I actually answered this thread in a serious manner.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between 24 months and 35 months. Both are 2 years old, but a 24 and 35 month old have huge differences between them.

Yes, 11 months.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Don't ask. Less math for us.

You don't even have to make up a comment about how cute they are. We already know.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between 24 months and 35 months. Both are 2 years old, but a 24 and 35 month old have huge differences between them. It can be easy for people dealing with children to continue using months just to deal with these differences. We don't purposely (for the most part) carry it into casual conversation. It's just natural.

This pretty much....it's a force of habit sometimes especially with all the doctor's check-ups they have when they're so little

I didn't really do that after my daughter turned 2y.o. but I know I did periodically prior

And why even ask? haha
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    most parents, not just mothers, I know go months until age 2 because of developmental milestones. a 16 month old can/should do different things than a 20 month old. It's science. Also, I think clothing sizes make a difference as well, 12/18/24/months...etc. I can't believe I actually answered this thread in a serious manner.

You are right. It has to do with milestones. OP, I had no idea that this was a serious irritant in our society. :laugh:
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between 24 months and 35 months. Both are 2 years old, but a 24 and 35 month old have huge differences between them.

Yes, 11 months.

I meant developmentally.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Children develop so very quickly in those early years that there is a BIG difference between your average 2-year-old and your average 2-and-a-half-year-old. For people who work with little kids, hearing that you're getting a new 3-and-a-half-year-old in your preschool class (for example) gives you some helpful information about the child's likely developmental skills and maturity. At those early ages, a few months can make a big difference. Now, if a parent says their kid is 86 months old, there's no need for that. That's just silly.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options

I kinda adore you for answering this way :flowerforyou:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    If you don't care, don't ask. :huh:

ditto. why did you ask if you don't care?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Yeah If that annoys you, you should probably stick to chatting up girls without children. We really don't need anymore disinterested males sniffing around.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months." He's two will do just fine. He's not aged cheese. And I didn't care in the first place. - Thanks for letting me rant.
    I hear you. I hate when people don't automatically know what my personal preferences and communication style are before I speak to them. Don't they know how important I am? Geesh!

A+
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Apparently the OP has difficulty comprehending anything over single digits.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone needs lunch and a nap.
  • Chameleongal
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months." He's two will do just fine. He's not aged cheese. And I didn't care in the first place. - Thanks for letting me rant.
    I hear you. I hate when people don't automatically know what my personal preferences and communication style are before I speak to them. Don't they know how important I am? Geesh!

:wink:
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    Yeah If that annoys you, you should probably stick to chatting up girls without children. We really don't need anymore disinterested males sniffing around.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: Yup