Cottage cheese HOW DO I?

Options
12346»

Replies

• tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like it plain, but gets a little boring. Lots of great ides. Thanks to all!!!!
  • runner_chick24
    runner_chick24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I add in a little honey and splenda. It's like dessert!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i have had it with jacket potato. the stuff is an acquired taste that my tongue isnt used to yet.
  • Lilyyy7
    Options
    Cottage cheese and garlic peta chips! I looooooove that snack! :)
  • quelly1977
    Options
    Hi

I mix mine with various...

Almond or Peanut Butter ...yummy.

Chocolate Whey Protein...yummy

Stevia or Spenda wih Cinnamon...yummy.

Enjoy.
  • nicoled6842
    Options
    Salt and pepper is yummy if you get used to/like the taste.
    Fruit. Especially pineapple is also good.
    If you google recipes with cottage cheese there are a ton out there (allrecipes.com is my fave) but that's a way to work it into your diet if you don't like or can't stomach it plain
  • RW32128
    Options
    I use it several different ways, but here are some of my favs:

As a side dish:

Add diced tomatoes, chopped green onion (scallion) and a Tbsp or so of fat free ranch dressing. Stir.

As a vegetable dip:

Puree an entire 1 lb. carton in a blender. Stir in one package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (powder). Blend again.
    You can use this as a dip, or dilute a portion with fat free milk or fat free buttermilk for a delicious low-fat, low-cal salad dressing that is SO much better than the bottled stuff.

As a dessert:

Stir in cinnamon and honey. Layer with applesauce, like a parfait.

Add a teaspoon of honey. Serve with fruit of choice. (I love it with pineapple, blueberries, cut strawberries, or mango).
  • LovnLifeInVT
    Options
    I like it in my tossed salad sometimes instead of grilled chicken...I don't eat a lot of meat but like to add proteins to my salad.
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine mixed it with pineapple salsa when she was visiting, which I thought was gross until I tasted it. Yum! Highly recommend.
  • christinevaz1
    Options
    well i suggest goggling some Indian recipes... we use cottage cheese a lot.
  • ljw123321
    Options
    Eat it with celery. It takes more calories to eat the celery than are contained in the celery itself. Or have it on Ryvita crackers. That's nice. I prefer quark myself.

Split open a chicken breast, chop garlic and add to a tablespoon of quark, stuff inside a slitted chicken breast and wrap in bacon and bake in oven (put in foil) for 45-60 minutes (depending on whether you got a fan assisted oven for whether 45 or 60 minutes). You can brush with add and sprinkle on a few home made breadcrumbs and serve with salad. White breadcrumbs are best but not the ready made packet crumb ones.

Serve with salad. Enjoy!!!!
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    i hate cottage cheese and have tried many ways to get it down, BEst thing ive found so far is to mix some sugar free pistacio pudding mix in it,
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?! ! I love cottage cheese now, and with all these great ideas I've found a delicious way to enjoy it every day now. :D

***With fresh basil and tomato sprinkled with pepper****
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    One of my favourite ways to have cottage cheese is this.
    Put half a tin of chooped toms in a rice cooker with 100g basmati rice top up with water and add a chopped onion, brocolli and peppers and whatever spices you want. let that cook and once done i mix in a tin of tuna and cottage cheese and always tastes awesome.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    It's also ok to not eat cottage chees if you don't like it. I wanted to like pea protein because it could help with my goals but I don't. Probably won't bother buyin it again!

Or you could blend it with curry powder and tumeric to make a yummy veggie dip:)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB9WB9gs24mi9Fk5s-qgipckje6NdnEp8jafE653NEbilkP9Wh_A

+

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG5YrhBppxc6Wv0Fh-YdXJZcrbBnK3RP48My1sTIWid9RRWDI8

=

yum_cartoon_smiley_face_sticker-p217724325221206768en8ct_400.jpg