Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Very motivating!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudos to you and your commitment! You look truly amazing. I wish your food diary was public, but since it is not, can you share some highlights about how you accomplished this amazing feat? Did you eat a particular diet program, or just healthy and under calorie? What exercise regime did you follow? Were you consistent or if not, how often and how long were your plateaus? What an inspiration you are!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and continued support and encouragement as you maintain what you have achieved!
  • aionsnow
    aionsnow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Very Hot!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic.!!!! Thanks for posting your pictures. They are motivating.:drinker:
  • pearlyfatcat
    pearlyfatcat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing!!! Congratulations on the new you!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you and your commitment! You look truly amazing. I wish your food diary was public, but since it is not, can you share some highlights about how you accomplished this amazing feat? Did you eat a particular diet program, or just healthy and under calorie? What exercise regime did you follow? Were you consistent or if not, how often and how long were your plateaus? What an inspiration you are!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and continued support and encouragement as you maintain what you have achieved!

Did you have to say "Kudos", that's all I'm thinking about right now! Those were my favorite in every flavor. I could eat a whole box right now!:devil:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    You lost a whole person!!! Congratulations, you look amazing.

Scary but true : p)
  • my2boystx
    my2boystx Posts: 28
    Options
    Oh wow! That is awesome! Great Job! :)
  • twilight1542
    Options
    You look really good. You seem so young and healthy. Just don't go overboard. I'm having to wrestle with myself because I seem addicted to diet and exercise now. Don't lose the woman curves. But, toning is a great thing to do for yourself.

I know what you mean....Unfortunately I feel like I'm way past the point of losing the "woman curves" which truly saddens me. Unfortunately our bodies don't let us chose where the weight comes off : ( I've found that for me it comes from my upper body 1st and hangs out in my lower body. Which is unfortunate because having always been well-endowed in the chest I was very sad to say goodbye to the girls...... So here I am having lost the weight of a small person and while I'm happy with how I look clothed I am very unhappy with how I look unclothed...I guess I was just hoping that my skin would have more elasticity than it apparently does....So I'm hoping that with enough strengthening and toning I can be happy with myself in a bathing suit...Don't get me wrong...I can life with the stretch marks but the excess skin is leaving me underwhelmed with my results....So either I find a sugar daddy to pay for a boob job and tummy tuck or I pray that extra muscle with mediate the effects of having lost soo much weight.
  • twilight1542
    Options

*LOL*....I've contemplated making my diary public at times....but I don't consider myself a poster child for perfect nutrition and don't want anyone to try and duplicate what I do because everyone's different.

So, NO! I didn't do a particular diet system...I've had friends do Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, South Beach, Atkins etc. with varying results but I don't want to feel like I'll always be dependent on expensive foods or limited in what I can eat so I took the "healthy approach". For me this means low-fat, high protein, moderate carbs. First I gave up fast food entirely. I eat out occassionally, but try to be careful about what I eat when I do. Other than that everything I eat is home-made. That was a huge shift for me because I used to eat out all the time. So now I hit the grocery store every week and stock up on lean meats, fruits, veggies, etc. When I cook I do large quantities of things that can be re-heated because with my schedule--2 jobs and daily gym visits--if I had to "cook" every night I wouldn't last very long. Thank goodness I don't mind eating the same thing several days in a row. I also gave up my favorite beverage--white mochas-- with rare exception, and completely gave up all soda. So now it's only coffee with truvia and maybe some non-fat milk, water, and frs--a low-cal energy drink.

For exercise, I do 1 hr of cardio everyday unless I'm doing something active that day like landscaping or hiking. This is not for everyone, but I've found a perfect balance wherein I'm able to do this without over-taxing my body. I switch up between the stairmaster, the elliptical, and the treadmill. I also try to squeeze in strength training when I have the time. I always increase the intensity when I find that it gets too easy--I use my HRM to determine when it's gotten easy...that's usually when I can't get into my target heart rate zone within the first 10 mins or so of my workout.

In terms of consistency, I'd say I've done pretty good...I've had times when I couldn't workout, like when I had a cyst removed from my neck and wasn't allowed too, but I made up for that by being very careful with my calories during that time. I still have good days and bad days. But I just keep reminding myself that working out means having more calories to eat and for me that means occassional treats--like reese's peanut butter cups : ) .....I don't know if I would say that I've had a true plateau...I've had times when my weekly weigh in was great even though I felt like I had an off week and times when I thought I'd had a great week and my weekly weigh-in was so-so or crappy...But in the end I'd say that I've pretty much managed to do 1-2 lbs per week overall.
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My mind is seriously blown by your awesomeness. You started 2 months after me and you have had such steady success. I am honestly jealous or your ability to keep it up like you have. Hats off to you!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your success and good luck with your future goals. Size 4... wow!! :noway:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    That is so awesome. I can't wait to get there!
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    WHOA!!!! Awesome! :drinker:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    100 pounds = NEW HOT GIRL!!!

Congrats!!!

Isn't it amazing to do it all on your own?? :))
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've been reading your posts for a while now and each one has inspired me. You've done such a great job - I wish my motivation were consistant enough for me to lose weight faster! But seeing stories like yours remind me and many others that it is possible. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on how much you've accomplished. You look great and so much happier and confident! On another note, I noticed you mentioned having loose skin. I would just work on toning more. It will undoubtedly help. I've been doing strength training throughout my whole weight loss process and it's worked great for me! I've also heard time will help it go back into place... so maybe with both you'll have some luck. Either way congrtulations (just had to say it again)!!!
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    well done such an amazing difference. not just in how you look which is fantastic but also in benefits to your health. you deserve all the praise everyone is giving you! :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wow YOU LOOK GREAT! and you did a great job in a short amount of time. WTG :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I admire those of you who can have such dedication for this amount of weight loss! You look amazing!
    On a side note, we live in the same city ;).
  • chigirl_j
    chigirl_j Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You rock girl! :drinker: You will be amazing with the weight training just take it on day at a time just like you did 11 months ago.

I love your mantra: Seize the Day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!