10lbs a week???

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    No, not possible at all. Even when morbidly obese when it just "falls off" in the beginning, 10 lbs of week is impossible. That's more like 5 lbs a week.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I once got sick with some kind of stomach thing. Lost 10lb in a week. Found it again real fast though.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I lost ten pounds after gallbladder surgery. Some of that was being sick for a week prior to it. Some of it was probably my gallbladder, too. Not a method I'd recommend, though.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Honestly, who with a 300 lb and their wieght gain style would all of a sudden think there is a magic thing? And then why isn't everyone just skinny in 6 weeks like they should?
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    If you lose 10 lbs in a week its most likely water weight and some if not all will eventually come back. If someone is losing 10 lbs a week they are probably more like over 300 lbs and hopefully talking to a doctor throughout the process.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    But on the biggest loser they loose 5-15lbs a week. hahahaha I should just go on that show.

The biggest loser weight ins aren't really one week and most of the contestants dehydrate themselves to lose bigger numbers. They are also in a controlled environment working out 6 hours per day and dieting.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    How can I loose 5lbs a week?

By being morbidly obese, as in 300+ lbs. If you're THAT big then it'll come off at a rate of like 5 lbs per week for the first month or so before it starts to slow down. The fact is the less you have to lose the slower it goes. Nothing you can do about it.

I don't mean to sound like a douche but there is nothing you can do in the space of only a few weeks or even a few months that can undo what years of unhealthy living have done to your body. It's going to take a good long while. The sooner you accept that you HAVE to be patient about this, the better.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Really? With 30+ pounds to lose, you think it can be done in 3 weeks? Why do you want to harm your body? We all did the crime of eating, if you want it gone, you put in the time and effort to lose it.
  • ajhugz
    Options

There is no guarantee that you will lose 5lbs a week. Just eat healthier, don't starve, and exercise. I lost 20 lbs by cutting out soda. Think about the crappy food you eat that you can do without. There is no quick fix to losing weight and the less you have to lose the harder you have to work to lose it.
  • kristianamonroe
    Options
    I think if your morbidly or super morbidly obese then it is possible to loose 10 pounds in one week with the type of extreme changes they undergo on the Biggest Loser (love that show btw for motivation), I'm not sure how much of a toll it take son the body but with paramedics, nutritionists, high tech home gym and professional trainers on hand it is possible. However, it doesn't sound safe for somebody who just needs/wants to loose 30 pounds (same as me). It would take hours and hours a day of intense workouts and an unsafe amount of calorie cutting.
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You seriously dont want anyone to say anything negative, but you want to lose 10 pounds a week??? WTH? Look around at least a little. Pretend for a minute you are on a FITNESS and health oriented website and then ask a better question. I realize everyone has to start somewhere but C'mon!!!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    You don't understand, the HEAVIER you are the quicker you can lose.

I lost 20lbs in 3 weeks when i was 343lbs.

Quick weight loss doesn't work... Time is the difference from keeping it off and gaining it back. You honestly want to know the quickest way to lose weight? It's get sick.

If someone loses 30lbs in 3 weeks, or loses 30lbs in 6 months, who is most likely to keep it off? the one who has the "most practice" at weight loss, habits. It takes time to build habits, without habits you won't keep it off.

Same. I used to be 335 lbs. I lost the first 25 lbs in like a month. But then it started slowing down, and by the time I got into the range of 250 or so it started going at the rate people generally talk about, about 2 lbs per week.
  • amyncrook
    Options
    I know slow weight loss is difficult, but the slower you loose it the better it will stay off!!! Exercise enough to make you really sweat everyday, and eat well. Eating as little as possible won't make you loose weight either. Figure out your target calorie goals for your current weight and height and then eat them all! 10 pounds in a week is madness unless you are obese. 5 pounds is a far fetched goal as well. Healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week. It takes longer to do it that way, but your body will be happier if you do!
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ...did you put on 10 pounds in a week? Not likely and it won't come off that quick either! :tongue:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You don't understand, the HEAVIER you are the quicker you can lose.

I lost 20lbs in 3 weeks when i was 343lbs.

Quick weight loss doesn't work... Time is the difference from keeping it off and gaining it back. You honestly want to know the quickest way to lose weight? It's get sick.

If someone loses 30lbs in 3 weeks, or loses 30lbs in 6 months, who is most likely to keep it off? the one who has the "most practice" at weight loss, habits. It takes time to build habits, without habits you won't keep it off.

Same. I used to be 335 lbs. I lost the first 25 lbs in like a month. But then it started slowing down, and by the time I got into the range of 250 or so it started going at the rate people generally talk about, about 2 lbs per week.

You guys are awesome, but she is saying 30+ pounds is alot to lose. Completely different, unless I am reading wrong.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Research the NEW ATKINS DIET REVOLUTION
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Liposuction. Here. I am a genius. :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Um no lol I have 60+ pounds to lose I weigh 262 pounds and can only lose 10 pounds a month. I eat 1500-1800 calories a day, and exercise an hour or more 5 days a week. . I mean it could be possible for people that are 300+ pounds or more and maybe even for men. Men lose weight so fast compared to women. But healthily and even at a fast pace I think 10 pounds a week is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the limit. At max maybe 5 pounds a week. And of course who wants to lose weight slowly, but I know one wants to starve themselves either.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hay everyone,

I know they say healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week but lets be honest who with 30lb+ goal really wants to loose weight slowly? Is is possible to lose 10lbs a week. I mean come on if your at a high weight of 200+ shouldn't your weight falling off in the beginning? Has anyone on here lost 10lbs in a week? Any advice anyone? Please don't post anything negative.

Amanda

10 Lbs of actual fat..no, not possible considering 1 Lb of fat loss per week = 3,500 calorie weekly deficit....10 Lbs would require 35,000 calorie deficit or a 5,000 calorie per day deficit...which mean you would have negative net calories and would be dead in short order.

Also...I had 40+ to lose and have done it the safe, healthy, and slow way. In doing so, and in conjunction with my weight training, I haven't lost a single pound of LBM...all fat loss, no muscle.

People who lose rapidly...and/or have big losses in a week or two is due to release of a lot of water from shocking your body with a lower caloric intake...less calories, the less water your body needs to metabolize those calories. That's why a lot of people lose big early on...not very much of it is actual fat.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Even the Biggest Loser contestants don't average ten pounds a week and they do crazy things, including having "weeks" that sometimes last more than seven days.