Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs overnight once....I miss my left arm though *sigh*

As long as you got you right arm, you're be okay. :wink:

What if he was left handed before? That's tough to re-learn

I thought it through, it was the eve of weigh in day and I wanted to impress my MFP's will an amazing loss, it wasn't doing much just stuck on the side of my like a bad right hand, I miss it but for variety you can always just sit on your hand until it goes numb....wait what?

Isn't that called "the stranger"?
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    weightlossgiffart.gif

All kidding aside, its not possible. I mean granted when I was preggo (I have a 13 month old) i went from 243 to 225 in a month (it wasn't morning sickness, it was because I refused to sit on my bottom) and then went to 220 by the time i got married and after all was said and done, I went to 204 (started mfp at 205).

Its not safe to lose that much and you need to be patient. As my mom would say "patience is a virtue." And Would I have liked to have lost more then what I have? Sure, but I also know that I can pack it on like no one's business, but getting it off is a different scenario but I haven't given up. I'm still trucking.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You can lose about 8 pounds doing an apple cleanse (only apples, as many as you want, for 3 days) but a lot of it will come back. But it's supposed to rid you of toxins.

You can lose about a pound a day doing a juice cleanse (home-made veggie and fruit juice, and nothing else) but some will come back.

Now we're talking. Some helpful advice. Eat just apples, watch your protein take a nose dive, and quickly lose weight (and a lot of muscle) in a temporary way.

Or just drink juice and lose weight quickly only to watch it come back. Again the muscle you lose will be replaced with fat. But hey for a few days the number on the scale will be lower! And that's what we're all after.

Hopefully we can get a few more of these suggestions and less of this "eat right, exercise" nonsense. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Isn't there a soup diet that works really well too!?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I know it is possible to loose 10lbs in week even if it is not every week. This topic is for people who has lost 10lb in week and advice or insight on the way they have. Thanks to those who have post positive comments and advice. I am not upset with comments people have posted that are suggestions. But to the people who posted comments trying to make me out to be an idiot your really the ones who are the idiots, please just leave my topic or just don't comment. Everyone else thanks.

Calorie restricting and dehydration.
  • puddy29
    Options
    yes it's possible people on my favorite show (the biggest loser) i know some people on here don't like that show for some reason but they do it all the time and i won't be ashamed to say i myself have lost 15lbs in one week but i was on diet pills when that happened. i know they are not good for you as well but to answer your question yes it can be done.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OP, if you want helpful advice, you should open yourself up to some of the comments that you may not want to hear. Do you care whether or not the 10 pounds is mostly water weight? It seems the consensus is that...you can't lose 10 pounds of actual fat in only a week. But it's possible to lose something close to it in water weight (which will basically come back as soon as you start eating normally again)

Is that what you want, or do you want to lose 10 pounds of REAL weight in a longer timeframe? <---This option is the healthiest, & best. That's all people are trying to tell you.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    No.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? It's really not healthy.

I started at 290 less than two months ago, and I'm at 271 right now. I eat about a 1700 cal diet, and I exercise 30-60 minutes a day. I lost 6 lbs my first week, 5 my second, and from there it's been between 0.2-2.2 lbs a week. You will really only lose big those first couple of weeks. I had my calories lower for a bit in the middle and I was losing 0.2-1.0 lbs, when I kicked it back up is when I saw 2 lb losses consistantly. I've lost 20 lbs basically in less than 2 months, so yeah do I wish I was magically 164 right now? yes. But I will be a lot faster than how long it took to put it on. Do it safe.

Another note -when people do crazy diets to lose the weight it always comes back plus more. ALWAYS.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    To lose one pound in a week, you need a deficit of approximately 3500 calories. So to lose 5 pounds, you'd need to find a way to free up 17500 calories per week, or 2500 per day. Assuming an average TDEE of 2000 calories, to lose 5 pounds in a week, you'd have to not eat anything at all for seven days, plus run about 5 miles a day to burn an extra 500 calories.

Assuming you don't keel over from exhaustion.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    yes it's possible people on my favorite show (the biggest loser) i know some people on here don't like that show for some reason but they do it all the time and i won't be ashamed to say i myself have lost 15lbs in one week but i was on diet pills when that happened. i know they are not good for you as well but to answer your question yes it can be done.

Keep 'em coming folks! More healthy diet advice!!

So far we've got

1 Eat only apples for days

2 Drink only juice so you can temporarily lose weight

3. Take dangerous pills

Any more of this good advice floating around? I'm trying to be a new man and be supportive.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs overnight once....I miss my left arm though *sigh*

As long as you got you right arm, you're be okay. :wink:

What if he was left handed before? That's tough to re-learn

I thought it through, it was the eve of weigh in day and I wanted to impress my MFP's will an amazing loss, it wasn't doing much just stuck on the side of my like a bad right hand, I miss it but for variety you can always just sit on your hand until it goes numb....wait what?

Isn't that called "the stranger"?

There's me thinking I invented something new!! :grumble:
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I lost 225lbs overnight by breaking up with a douchey ex boyfriend once.

Ahhhhh, I hope he's near death somewhere :happy:

Woah you beat me! I only lost 17lbs Haha

Oh.. right.. I get it now... Ummm... I lost 210lbs +17lbs (me) lol...

Yes, kick those d-bags to the curb!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs in about 3 weeks. It involved 30 hours of unmedicated labor followed by an emergency c section. Totally doable!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    No. It's not healty, or realistic. Follow the guidelines of MFP. Work out, eat right.
    I'm really sorry all of your responses aren't rainbows and sunshine. But this really wasn't a bright place to pose this question.
    Most here have lost weight, the right way.

No quick fixes sweetcakes.
  • sperocras
    sperocras Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    10LBS A WEEK?!!!

tumblr_lun4qvdNVO1qbupz5.gif

I LOSE 20LBS A WEEK.

BEAT THAT BITACH!!!!

OMG Tobuscus FTW!
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I think it says enough about this thread that the OP deleted all her comments...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Keep 'em coming folks! More healthy diet advice!!

So far we've got

1 Eat only apples for days

2 Drink only juice so you can temporarily lose weight

3. Take dangerous pills

Any more of this good advice floating around? I'm trying to be a new man and be supportive.

What about cabbage soup and protein shakes that cure cancer!?
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the good guys win again.

OP has been edited down to a period.

Stick to the healthy way OP! Good luck on your journey!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Seriously not possible. When I finished my intial glycogen dump (that big weight loss many of us get at first) I averaged 10-12 lbs a month at first, decreasing as I got smaller.

The math is ridiculous. Oversimplified, a pound = 3500 calories. So to lose 10 lbs you need a 35,000 calorie deficit. Now unless you were eating 5000 calories a day and now eat nothing it's impossible to hit a 35,000 calorie a week deficit.
  • jenngroh09
    Options
    It is very possible to lose 10 pounds in a week. However, the weight that will be lost is generally water weight and should be something maintained by a Dr. I just recently lost 33 pounds in less than 6 weeks. However, it was mostly water weight and under a Dr's care. I also have kidney issues so my body retains water. If a normal healthy (other than overweight) individual is losing more than 2 pounds a week it will come back because you are starving your body and it will then go into survival mode and store everything it can.