I don't think everyone is capable of having a bubble butt

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
You always see those pictures of girls with these big, lifted booties & it talking about squats or what not. But I don't think everyone is capable of having a butt like that. Girls like me who don't carry weight in there butt, I just don't see it happening. I can see us getting it lifted & firmed up, but it's not gonna be a bubble butt. I feel like that requires having a little fat in the bum, like a mixture of fat & muscle. Right now my butt has such little fat, it hurts to sit on hard surfaces. If I am wrong, please show many some who has when from having such a small butt to a ghetto booty. But I think that kind of butt is all determined by your shape, genetics, where you carry your weight.

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    do lunges hun, they work!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Squats/deadlifts/lunges don't put fat on your butt, they increase the size of your glutes. If you lift heavy (and proper) and eat to support that you will build muscle there. Building muscle there has nothing to do with how you carry weight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of sad, flat butts perk up and look better after squats. Currently, I'm in the process of trying to make my own better. I'm like you. Sitting hurts occasionally. Couldn't hurt to try squats and lunges, could it?
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I wish I had before and after pics.. I wouldn't call mine a "ghetto booty" now but it looks bigger and better than it did before I started lifting weights.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You always see those pictures of girls with these big, lifted booties & it talking about squats or what not. But I don't think everyone is capable of having a butt like that. Girls like me who don't carry weight in there butt, I just don't see it happening. I can see us getting it lifted & firmed up, but it's not gonna be a bubble butt. I feel like that requires having a little fat in the bum, like a mixture of fat & muscle. Right now my butt has such little fat, it hurts to sit on hard surfaces. If I am wrong, please show many some who has when from having such a small butt to a ghetto booty. But I think that kind of butt is all determined by your shape, genetics, where you carry your weight.

I can relate to butt pain from sitting on hard surfaces, and from the time I was little my butt bones hurt other people when I am sitting on them! lol I totally agree, although I can lift my butt and make it look better, I will never carry much fat in my butt. Right now I still have some weight to lose, and none of it is in my booty!! And yes I do lunges, squats, etc... Like you said, tones/firms/lifts, but it doesn't add any cushion, sadly!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    In my anthropology class I learned about something called steatopygea, which literally means "fat butt". That is all in the genes. I dunno, I thought it was interesting, thought I would throw it out there.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I am NOT. I come from a butt-less line of females. My sister and mom are thin and at healthy weights and they have no butts. I am at 225 pounds and have no butt. It is literally the ONLY reason I can wear a size 14/16 at 225 pounds!!!
  • cowgurl1
    cowgurl1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have one but youre exactly right , it's more to do with the way your genes are. I also have a curvature of the spine, so it's always gonna stick out and be a bubble. It also helps if you are mesomorphic ( muscular body type) and have a bit of fat on top of the muscles in on your bum. I think it is interesting that some women now want to have a butt like this, it used to be small tiny tight buns were all the rage. Personally, I wish I had a skinny torso... but that aint gonna happen. Im just not built that way. As my dad used to say.. you cant turn a draft horse into a race horse. You gotta love the skin youre in.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Well, since I've been told I have a crack in my back, any butt is better than the one I didn't have before, LMAO...But I've been squatting with the barbell and I'm starting to get a little butt action back there...
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Girl I'de be happy to give you part of my butt hahaha "ghetto booties" arn't always what they are cracked up to be. I have a miserable time trying to buy pants because of it :( But if it's what you're looking for, yes, lunges and squats will help. But at the same time genetics does play a huge part also. Good luck with everything :flowerforyou:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Getting a really big, round, juicy apple butt is probably genetics--just like getting a thigh gap is--but even if we don't have the genes to get the epitome of some given feature, we can certainly work the muscles we do have to make the best of what we got :)
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Genetically ethnic women do carry more weight in the BUMM.. It's said to be bc women need X amount of bodyfat for child birth.. Understandable right? However when ur from warmer climates the fat will be displaced on the lower extremities for 2 reasons .. It would be unhealthy to carry fat around midsection bc it could possibly over heat the organs.. also our glutes are our largest muscle soo that's why the body fat is stored there simply bc it is strong enough to carry the fat mass...

You might not have a Puerto Rican/Brazilian bootie.. but you can do exercise to build up again that large muscle... Squat, Lunges, Sumo Squats, step ups, lying leg bridges, cable kickback, wind sprints Deadlift... lay off the cardio while trying to build glutes and make sure you're getting enouh quality proteins etc for muscle growth!! Once you feel like ur glutes are getting full enough then slowly try and cut the body fat off them.. increase cardio, decrease some calories but not protein if u can help it and Viola!! you should have a nice shapely stare worth bumm that fits your body type!!!

all else fails do like what most women in miami do and invest in a brazilian butt lift ;)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I've spent my entire life wishing I had a smaller *kitten*. Until just a few years ago, I didn't know there were women in the world who were wishing for a larger butt. That concept is completely foreign and incomprehensible to me, lol. If anyone wants mine, you can have it. I have plenty to spare.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Look up bootynomics on youtube. This chick buffy the body went from skinny to fat to small waist with a big ol ghetto booty from exercise and she talks about it in her videos, one video has before and afters. Yes some people get a head start with genetics but if you do a lot of squats with weights you can can have a big butt too. I'm doing brazil butt lift right now and my but is already getting rounder. I'll gladly show before and afters if you remind me in 2 weeks when I'm done with the first month.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    It can also be a sign of bad posture that can be problematic. Look up anterior pelvic tilt or lordosis

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSijUtDh58u7UGUAY0NGQFeCFhpc77qvs9x81i3piPhLNE7s3vY
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    :sigh: My momma and 2 of my sisters have big booties. I on the other hand, was not so blessed. In the right pair of pants it looks okay....
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of sad, flat butts perk up and look better after squats. Currently, I'm in the process of trying to make my own better. I'm like you. Sitting hurts occasionally. Couldn't hurt to try squats and lunges, could it?

I dont think my butt is flat. It's just a small one, you know what I mean? I've been doing squats, still trying to perfect my form. Doing stronglifts right now. Just started. But I was doing them before & lunges. A lot of lower body work when I did Chalean Extreme. It has lifted, but not gotten bigger or bubble butt status.
    BFside_zps37c6ce1a.png
    I can relate to butt pain from sitting on hard surfaces, and from the time I was little my butt bones hurt other people when I am sitting on them! lol I totally agree, although I can lift my butt and make it look better, I will never carry much fat in my butt. Right now I still have some weight to lose, and none of it is in my booty!! And yes I do lunges, squats, etc... Like you said, tones/firms/lifts, but it doesn't add any cushion, sadly!
    Exacty!
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mine's so serious sorry.. I take glute training to the next level... I've given many girl a bummm when I was a trainer

From ur pictures you can tell a difference!! way to go.. however u need to eat more clean protein, moderate carbs and fat and train w weights way more and do less cardio... in my opinion
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    Hmmmm...a couple of things I need to preeeeeach on:
    1.A booty that looks tight and elevated in jeans is a hoax. Point blank. Ive seen some amazing illusions accomplished with tight jeans that had low rear pockets, and a pair of boots...the booty is all perky and boom! Sadly, I seen that girl in loose fitting shorts and it was chaos.
    The Bubble butt makeover:
    1. Weighted Glute bridges. Unequivocally superior at blowing up that booty to Squats. If your hip and quad dominant in the squat, your glutes get nada. Switch it around and you get people with all *kitten* and no quads. Get a Hampton Extra Thick bar pad off amazon. youll need it. I go up to 505lbs for a single. My skinny lil bubble butt bff gets her thang' up to 315 for a triple...and shes 125lbs.
    2. LOW bar squats: You must break parallel. Those half *kitten* things you see people doing at the gym is nonsense. Get below parallel but dont bounce. Even if you have to drop your maximum work load wayyyyyy down, do it. Your hams and *kitten* will get jacked with cereal bowl dimples on the side of each one.
    3. Glute extensions/Kick backs on the smith machine(if your gym does not have a glute blaster): full extension and really get that upper glute to POP...you will be walking like two bowling balls were stuffed under your booty skin....
    ...and dont forget hamstrings...few things look as bizarre as big butts on skinny legs with no calves or hamstrings....If me as a dude can blow my booty into oblivion then you can for sure! Tchau'..
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Aging also shrinks the glutes, unfortunately. The glutes are essential for posture, balance and core body strength and coordination. I have found a way for older people to strengthen them without putting too much stress on bad knees (squats and lunges are out for people with bad knees). You can even sit on the couch and do them. While sitting, you just dig your heels into a soft surface like the couch or bed, and then tighten and lift your thighs and rump off the couch or bed, relying only on your hamstrings and glutes to do the lifting and hold the position for ten seconds. Do twenty reps or more every day. It works! And it is good for the knees because stronger hamstrings will put more opposing force against the quads, which tend to be over-developed in comparison to the hamstrings and put too much "pulling" pressure on the top of the knee. Always remember to stretch those muscles--very important in older people.