Girlies.... 5ft 8 or 5 ft 9......

Options

Replies

• Lormic98
    Lormic98 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weighing in at 150.4, down from 163. I feel pretty darn good about my weight and body, I have MFP set to maintenance. :drinker:

You are where I'd like to be! Nice answer.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 177. I just want to get to the top end of the healthy BMI at 165. At my age (54) you have to choose between your *kitten* and your face.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 and at 123 pounds, trying to get to 105-ish by late September. (I do ballet, so I have to be pretty thin) I just started this program yesterday, and I'm super excited! Good luck, everyone!

Wow that's tiny, especially at your height! How many calories are you on a day?
  • tokyostephanie
    Options
    5'9 about 147 with 15% bf........goal is to get to 12%!!!! Wheeeeeeeeee
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started at 248, chose a goal of 170 which was the top end of my BMI. I lost the weight because I didn't want to have high blood pressure and diabetes like my mother. I am now 169. I didn't think I'd look like this at this weight: I thought I'd be a lot pudgier. I'm pleasantly surprised at how I look now, and I think it goes to show you:

a) How everyone is built differently.
    b) How much muscle does actually weigh more than fat.
    c) How our goals can vary so much from each other.

I hope everyone gets to where they want to be. :)
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Wow, some low weight goals here - you girls must be built pretty differently from me. I'm just shy of 5'8" and aiming for 170-175-ish, currently bobbing back and forth between 192 and 196. I doubt my body will let me go much lower - maybe 165 as an absolute lowest. Like Berry, my main goals now revolve around inches and Body Fat % rather than weight as such.

I agree I'm 5'8" and still have a ways to go, but my goal is 175. I actually had a personal trainer tell me if I dropped below 170 I would be losing muscle & it would be unhealthy.
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" , my goal is 140, I'm at 160 and I'm showing bones and also it's hard when I sleep on my side, my hip bone hurts! Oh well let's see if I can get there without hurting, maybe I'd have to change my goal to 150...
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and currently 160ish, and lowest I've been at is 142. My goal is 135, just what you're at now.
  • isitsororo
    isitsororo Posts: 116
    Options
    5'9 maintaining 114-116 lbs (last weigh in 114 lbs), wouldn't mind being a bit lower but I'm mainly trying to maintain. :)
  • 2013sk
    Options
    5'9 maintaining 114-116 lbs (last weigh in 114 lbs), wouldn't mind being a bit lower but I'm mainly trying to maintain. :)

114 is really low
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Seattle,

My daughter is about where you are. She is extremely athletic and has very muscular legs and a tight core. She said something about losing weight but when they did the fitness test in school her BF% was about 12%. I'm not so sure it was very accuate but I do know she does not need to lose. Stay healthy. Weight is just a number. I messed myself up by looking at the number and not how I looked and felt. I went on crazy diets that zappped my strength then I stopped working out because I was too tired and fatigued. When I was younger we never heard the term body fat percentage.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 currently weigh 152 lbs with 23% body fat ...In the last few months I've lost over 15 inches from my body but stayed the same weight...don't concentrate too much on the scales ladies...:)

Excellent advice! Congrats on your shrinkage :)
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im currenly at around 133/134lbs and 5 foot 9, Lost 3/4lbs recently......Anyone the same height as me and this weight?

Wondering what your goals are ie do you want to loose more weight, tone up, loose body fat, build muscle etc?

Thanks!

S x

I'm 5'8" and weigh 119. I would like to maintain now and tone up.
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im currenly at around 133/134lbs and 5 foot 9, Lost 3/4lbs recently......Anyone the same height as me and this weight?

Wondering what your goals are ie do you want to loose more weight, tone up, loose body fat, build muscle etc?

Thanks!

S x

lol im exactly the same as you! 134 pounds 5 ft 9.my original goal weight was 140 pounds (10 stone) but this was just the weight i thought i would achieve the figure/clothes size i wanted...im v pear shaped so wanted to even up my shape more (currently size 8 top 12 bottom)and fit size 10 jeans.unfortunately i dont quite have the figure i imagined so not really gonna set a goal weight (as surprising am quite low weight for my height?!)just wanna tone up till i have a body im happy with :)
  • Jasmine1995xoxo
    Jasmine1995xoxo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 and at 123 pounds, trying to get to 105-ish by late September. (I do ballet, so I have to be pretty thin) I just started this program yesterday, and I'm super excited! Good luck, everyone!

Wow I'm 5 ft 8 and 140 pounds. I would love to be 123 pounds. 105 pounds is too low. I think I would die at this weight. Please give me some tips on how you get to 123 pounds.
  • 2013sk
    Options
    WOW just found this post I did last year - And I was 134lbs - How I am a lot more than this now, But a lot more muscle!

Any fellow new 5ft 8 or 5ft 9 ladies on here??

How much do you weigh?

How many calories do you eat?

Your goals - Do you want to lose more, maintain, tone, lose inches etc?

Love to hear from you all : )
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 9" and currently 158lbs. I am aiming for 140 but have started seriously strength training in order to cut down BF - Im currently at 30% and that is nowhere near acceptable!! If I can stay at this weight and drop BF, I would be perfectly happy
  • toya1815
    toya1815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10, CW 190, approx 1400-1700 cals a day, Id like to lose about 15 more and tone. I started at 283, so seeing anything under 200 was a huge accomplishment for me. Anything else will just be icing on the cake :)
  • kwlmson
    Options
    You girls must be in your 20's. When I was in my 20-30's I weighed 135. I am now 50 and at 150 and wear a size 8. I am now just maintaining. My goal is just to reduce my body fat % and get tightened and toned.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" 137lbs and 40 yrs old. I am in maintenance and have my calories set at 1880 before adding any exercise. My goal is to keep toning.

For me personally, I would like to stay in the mid 130's. Anything lower would just seem too small for my body type.