Chunky with hair, or slim and bald?

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Shave it. Best hair related decision I ever made.

Also led to an amusing story. I had it done in a hairdresser the first time. Girl ran the clippers right down the middle, and then turned to my wife and said "are you sure?".
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    In shape and bald is fine, fat and bald is less hot but anything is better than stupid or boring.....So, basically if you're fun and confident you can carry it!
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For the last couple of years I've been losing my hair :cry: Just wondering who else has had to deal with it, and what they did about it. And is it really a big deal to go bald?!

As far as I'm concerned; if I lose the weight I don't care if I'm left looking like a cueball. :grumble:
    Hey, I'm 21 and have been slowly losing my hair since I was 17. At first I was upset about it but after realizing how many other people in their 20's or even teens are going bald, I stopped worrying about it so much. I interned last year at a large corporation and several of my colleagues were bald and in their 20's!!! Sometimes people ask me, "do you get upset that you're going bald" and now I laugh on the inside--why would anyone care so much about appearance! :smile:

That being said, I *DO* cut my hair every 2-3 weeks using a number 0 (aka, hair clippers with no blade attachment) to keep it really short. Otherwise, the sides grow longer than the top/middle and it just looks stupid :happy:

My GF originally thought it looked weird but now she doesn't really care, she thinks it looks cute that I shave my hair really short. You can buy a "HeadBlade" razor and try shaving your head completely bald, or you can do what I do and use clippers so that you still have a TINY bit of hair. Eventually I'll probably turn to the HeadBlade. But, experiment with it and see what works for you. I bought hair clippers (around $15) a long time ago and they've paid for themselves several times over...
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I don't care about my hair. I buzz it every month or so, 1/4" setting on the clippers. Haven't paid for a haircut in years.
  • gradientlife
    Options
    Hair is for the weak.

taylor-swift-breaking-bad-parody-we-are-never-ever-gonna-cook.jpg
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you're not comfortable going all the way to the skin, try ultra short, it looks bettter on my hubby because he has a lot of marks on his head and he doesn't like the up keep of totally bald.
  • gradientlife
    Options
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My hubby is fit and has a receding hair line.... it bothers him, but not me. He's a hottie!

I think it all depends on how you go about "dealing" with the loss/lack of hair. My old boss had the world's WORST combover!!! Literally about 100 hairs (well, maybe a bit more) from the left side of his head. . .around and below the level of his ears. . .that he grew out until they could cover all the way over to his other ear!! No joke. Sometimes when he'd go out on lunch he'd come back in with a 8-10" long chunk of hair flopping in the opposite direction. . .sooooo hard not to laugh. That was NOT hot.

But, a well built man who manages whatever hair he has, is going to look light years better than a man who tries to hide it or be ashamed of the hair.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bald guy is way better than pony tail guy. I think bald is sexy if you really own it.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Chunky and bald. I'm more of a George Kastanza type.
  • MissChelleD
    Options
    Bald is sexy. Just sayin'...
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bald can be really cool looking if you pull it off right.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqSFu4k-Sg0L9RIDbNYm2oKr-0DuDhtJ7NvxE-gRDACQLySvcWxw

Bald is HothotHOTTT!

....and that VOICE....Mmmmm.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    For the last couple of years I've been losing my hair :cry: Just wondering who else has had to deal with it, and what they did about it. And is it really a big deal to go bald?!

As far as I'm concerned; if I lose the weight I don't care if I'm left looking like a cueball. :grumble:
    My current is skinny and bald. When I was 24, I was engaged to a chunky guy with hair. As long as you do the hest with what you've got and shower regularly, whatever. It isn't all about looks.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Buzz it or shave it.
    Concentrate on your fitness.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeHYbqjVnWGpCzzmRzeNfWhlaB5cATiU6QnCgibMoz4tDUw-Nl

Exactly.

Bruth Willie!

OP-- if you're noticeably balding, it looks best if you just shave it all off.
    I've discussed this with both guy and lady friends, unanimous vote.
  • JMD2point0
    Options
    Confidence always comes first !
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Bald guy is way better than pony tail guy. I think bald is sexy if you really own it.

I'd easily go from one extreme to the other if I wasn't married. I love me some Khal Drogo! Or Kevin from Shameless. YUMS.

But I'm happy with my baldy.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been shaving my head for almost 5 years now.. I would never go back.. When I had hair and was losing it in places, I was always self conceious about what it looked like, if the spot was showing, etc.. After shaving it, I never worry about helmet head, bed head, bad hair day, or balding areas.. It's all good and smooth!! And, yes, a lot of ladies out there like a bald head..
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    exhibit b:

2mhx20m.jpg

:love:

ok one more :tongue:

5wgnwg.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hahaha Hell yes! Shaved/Bald wayyyy sexier :love:

YESSSSSSS!!!

*drooling*