Replies

• meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    1st CHECK IN

SW: 223
    CW: 193.2
    GW: 135

Thank you Allie and Shredder for all your hard work!

Hey I just wanted to say nice job on the weight loss for 2010!

Thanks for noticing! That's kind of you to say.
  • krcpugs
    krcpugs Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration ~ looking forward to your challenges :flowerforyou:

Starting weight: 196.8
    Current weight: 172.2
    Goal weight: 152
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Some support would be nice all my friends ditched me and I really am looking forward to walking in a room and knockin' em dead! LOL :wink: Maybe then they will wish they had stuck with it and joined me on this fab journey!

Thats' their loss. And they were not really your friends in the first place.
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    HELLO,

I like the spirit of the of the group. I woul like to join in with adding and receiving motivation. Im in but I have lost the courage to put up my current weight because I have just had a massive gain in the last month.

I will tell my starting weight once I don't weigh it any more because it's tooo embarassing to me.

My goal scale number would be 190
    My waist line goal is 10/12

I struggle a lot. I exercise and eat fairly well but nothing seems to work and I get frustrated and the cycle continues.

I also need help with new recipes.

can't wait to get to know you all.
  • melting_mama
    melting_mama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join if you'll have another ;)

This group sounds great! You all sound so encouraging.
    My name's Beth... I am a mommy to 4 beautiful children... The most recent one was welcomed 8 weeks ago! I'm ready to start my melt down (weight wise NOT emotional lol).

SW - 203 :embarassed:
    CW - Will weigh again on Monday
    GW - 150 (never seen this weight! I was 160 in high school)
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    SW: 184.5 1-1-2010
    180 MFP 3-22-2010
    CW: 172.6 (lost 0.8 lbs this week)
    GW: 170 Next weigh-in
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking around here, deciding whether I wanted to sign up or not. SOunds like a wonderful place to hang out, but I don't usually do so well at logging in on Fridays, they are such a busy day for me. Heck, I will give it a try.
    I have lost 23 pounds and only have 7 more to go to reach my weight. I may no longer hit the five pound a month goals that some are hoping for, at this point I am just hoping for a gradual but consistent couple of pounds a month until my June wedding.
    Maybe then, after the ceremony I will look pretty darn hot in my heels & fishnet! :laugh:

My starting weight on Jan. 4th~ 150
    My check-in weight today~127
  • Tracy12283
    Tracy12283 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds really cool! I would love to be in on this as well!:smile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    tjones7: Welcome! I understand your frustration with eating right and working out and not having the weight drop off. I've been there and am currently in a three week plateau. It sounds crazy, but it took upping my calories to lose again. Stick with us and you'll find motivation with the rest of us. I encourage you to join in on the mini-challenges.

melting_mama: Congrats on the new addition to your family. I love the picture!

angelwings2000: Welcome to the group!
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    HELLO,

I like the spirit of the of the group. I woul like to join in with adding and receiving motivation. Im in but I have lost the courage to put up my current weight because I have just had a massive gain in the last month.

I will tell my starting weight once I don't weigh it any more because it's tooo embarassing to me.

My goal scale number would be 190
    My waist line goal is 10/12

I struggle a lot. I exercise and eat fairly well but nothing seems to work and I get frustrated and the cycle continues.

I also need help with new recipes.

can't wait to get to know you all.

tjones7... the beauty about this group is the neverending support and total lack of judgement.
    I don't care if your SW is 300lbs or 120lbs...it's only a number and it's only relevant to you.
    I have a friend who weighs close to 230lbs and she thinks she's the hottest thing since sliced bread (she is, I love her to death), she also thinks I'm a total nut job for wanting to lose weight.:tongue:
    Don't you see? It's all about perception and how you feel inside.
    2 weeks before St. Patricks day I gave up drinking for 16 days, not a drop, not even on the weekends. It was tough but not impossible. I went from 194 to 185 lbs in that time ( I also was diligent about working out and calorie intake).
    Today I weighed in at 193.50!!!!!:sad: Pathetic increase.
    Do you think I'm proud of the crappy number, hell NOOOO!! I wanted to fib so bad this morning when I posted but I knew the only person I would be cheating would be me. Besides, when I lose this weight, how cool will it be to look back ans see how far I've come.
    Go at your pace, no pressure. The sooner we embrace ourselves, all those lovely curves included, the sooner we can get the job done.
    I know there's not one person on this thread who can't nit pick themselves to death over little imperfections.
    The day we throw caution to the wind will be a day to celebrate.
    So, I leave you with this. I challenge you to get on that scale and post your SW today. I challenge you to own that number and know that you'll never see it again at any other weigh ins on this thread (and if you do, so what).
    This is my tough love for you!!!!! Will you take my challenge?
    S
  • kbhobbs
    kbhobbs Posts: 216
    Options
    We can do this! I was so into this post that i watched carefully what I had for lunch AT THE MALL! Small salad, grilled chicken breast from Chick-fil-a and unsweetened tea for 167 calories, thank you very much. When what i really wantd was a veggie sandwich from quiznos. Sounds like even that would have been good, doesn't it? Well, it is only 870 calories- 1 regular sub on wheat! So--- a sammie is even 340 calories, but 1 doesn't do it for me. I like and usually eat two... So I guess i am committed- at least for today! k
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Do I think I look good as a size 12....well, yeah, sometimes I think I do and then I may get all dolled up to go out on the town and then look at myself in a picture and think "Who the hell is that?" GGGRRRROOOSSSS.

This is soooo totally me! I don't have a lot to loose, about 10-15lbs would be nice. Really, I am more concerned about getting my body fat from 29% to low 20s. I have been trying and failing the last couple years at this task, but now that I have found this website I am hoping that the support and motivation of others will help get me to my goal. I would love to joing in with you all.
    SW: 64.4 kg (142 lbs)
    SBF: 29%

GW: I don't really care, but would love to see 55 kg (121 lbs)
    GBF: 21%

Mini-Goal 1: 25% BF by my 29th birthday, 2 September - Reward - Spa day with facial, Mani/Pedi, and masage!
  • HalloweenMom
    Options
    SW: 203
    CW: 199.4
    GW: 140
    Yes, these are pounds! I will get to my goal, we all will :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I love that we have more new members still trickling in. Yay!

I want to comment on Shredder's earlier post about her 16 days without alcohol. I was there with her and I am so unbelievably proud of her for following through! She's a rockstar when she puts her mind to something!

tjones7: You'd better watch out for Shredder's challenges and tough love! I would like to second her challenge because you won't be judged. We're all here to give support no matter what the numbers are. It's about having fun, being accountable and having a supportive group. Give it your all and you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish!

kbhobbs: Great job on making healthy choices at lunch. I love Chik-Fil-A but live in a state that doesn't have any. When I visited Georgia several years ago, I ate it for lunch every day!
  • hymiesmom
    hymiesmom Posts: 76
    Options
    Melting_mama....your picture is beautiful! I love the significanceof it.

tjones7...we are all here for the same reason. And like shredder said in one of her instructional posts...this is a safe place. No judgement. Like she said also, the only person you're cheating is yourself...just wanted to let you know we're all in this together! Good luck!
  • kaylac13
    kaylac13 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've really been debating on joining the group, but I'm really needing the motivation to stick to it, so here goes.

SW: 205 (August '08)
    CW: 185
    GW: 145
  • laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies today is weigh in day... here we go!!! Can't wait to see all the progress we are going to make!!!!

SW 204
    CW 204
    GW 135
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    hi, i hope it's not to late to join this group. i've read this post and is very challenging.
    my starting weight as of 1-1-2008 was 226lbs.
    mfp starting weight was 191lbs.
    H H & F: 169.8lbs.
    goal weight:126lbs.

my first goal is keep on losing the inches and eventually the pounds will follow on down.
    my second goal is wait for the sizes 8s' and 6s' really get loose and fall down so the size 4's can fit better.
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! Hope your friday is going just as great as mine :)

Anyway, I just remembered that in the fall of 2008 I did a photoshoot. We focused a lot on the legs and heels and I remember we got a BUNCH of high heels & fishnet pictures!!! Stay tuned...I'll be posting some of the pictures when I get home from work as all the pictures are on a disc :)

Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!

:laugh:
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! Hope your friday is going just as great as mine :)

Anyway, I just remembered that in the fall of 2008 I did a photoshoot. We focused a lot on the legs and heels and I remember we got a BUNCH of high heels & fishnet pictures!!! Stay tuned...I'll be posting some of the pictures when I get home from work as all the pictures are on a disc :)

Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!

:laugh:

So funny....can't wait.