Fat sick and nearly dead.

Options
ashleey1000
ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
Makes me wanna juice soo bad. I love that documentary. It's so inspiring. Has anyone on here gone on a juice fast and seen results like his?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Award for most depressing thread title.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Makes me wanna juice soo bad. I love that documentary. It's so inspiring. Has anyone on here gone on a juice fast and seen results like his?

Why juice it? Just eat the stuff.....This whole juicing thing is really kind of crazy......as if turning it into juice somehow magically transforms the nutrients into muscle building/fat burning/energy restoring magic molecules.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    why shoot for mediocre?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    A number of people on this site have watched it and regularly comment on how inspired they are and how they plan to make changes to their lifestyle.

If one of them would like to come into this thread and post their success as a result of following the plan laid out I'd be very impressed.

Because from what I can tell, it's a biased documentary full of half-truths and propaganda made to sell expensive blenders.

But I am more than willing to be proven wrong.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Why juice it? Just eat the stuff.....This whole juicing thing is really kind of crazy......as if turning it into juice somehow magically transforms the nutrients into muscle building/fat burning/energy restoring magic molecules.

Nailed it.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Watched it. Was not swayed by the propaganda. Decided to just eat food. Lost weight.
  • Countryboy_
    Countryboy_ Posts: 618
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.
  • teaelcee
    teaelcee Posts: 7
    Options
    I have watched this film and been inspired, too. I have completed several short (3, 4 days) juice cleanses before, but I am highly skeptical of trying to replicate what Joe Cross did in FSND. First, he was completely removed from his normal environment -- his home, his work, his friends, his family. All he had to do, really, was juice.

Second, I fear that a lot of people see what he did and think, "Great! I can lose 80 lbs in three months by juicing!" and that makes it no better than a crash diet.

I have lost a few pounds on my short juice cleanses, but have gained all of that weight back because only a sustainable, long-term nutrition solution promotes long-term weight loss. There are no short cuts, even through juicing.

But if you're interested, you should talk to your doctor first. You can probably still get where you want to with clean eating, rather than a juice-only diet.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    A number of people on this site have watched it and regularly comment on how inspired they are and how they plan to make changes to their lifestyle.

If one of them would like to come into this thread and post their success as a result of following the plan laid out I'd be very impressed.

Because from what I can tell, it's a biased documentary full of half-truths and propaganda made to sell expensive blenders.

can pizza be juiced?
  • michelleokelly5
    michelleokelly5 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think Juicing should only be used on rare occasions as a detox. You know.. After a week long vacation of crap food and alcohol. To me, a healthy diet is one that can be maintained for a lifetime. Juicing is not something that you can sustain yourself on. It is expensive and you can get the same nutrients from eating the fruit and veggie as a whole for a whole lot less money.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You will miss CHEWING
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

can pizza be juiced?

Only if you want to go to hell.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I have watched this film and been inspired, too. I have completed several short (3, 4 days) juice cleanses before, but I am highly skeptical of trying to replicate what Joe Cross did in FSND. First, he was completely removed from his normal environment -- his home, his work, his friends, his family. All he had to do, really, was juice.

Second, I fear that a lot of people see what he did and think, "Great! I can lose 80 lbs in three months by juicing!" and that makes it no better than a crash diet.

I have lost a few pounds on my short juice cleanses, but have gained all of that weight back because only a sustainable, long-term nutrition solution promotes long-term weight loss. There are no short cuts, even through juicing.

But if you're interested, you should talk to your doctor first. You can probably still get where you want to with clean eating, rather than a juice-only diet.

you lost water weight. wanna know how else you can lose water weight? dehydration.

but kudos to you for eventually figuring out that "cleanses" are not magic. :flowerforyou:
  • AutumnBride
    AutumnBride Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Award for most depressing thread title.

this.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options

You mean you really want the sugar and vitamins without that pesky fiber?
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.
    :laugh:
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Seems like juicing would only let your body digest things faster and you would get hungry sooner? Not sure I can buy into it.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    just think of it this way chewing burns calories so instead of juicing chew whatever you want to juice. Healthy fruits and burning calories win win lol
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options

Uh, you had me until Texas Toast...everyone knows you can't juice Texas Toast. *eye roll*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!