Fat sick and nearly dead.

Options

Replies

• LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't approach it as detoxing. I would think of it as adding nutrients to your diet. It literally won't hurt you. I do think you need to eat food along with the juice for protien and such. I don't know why people get all up on their high horses....it's just friggin vegetables and fruits.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    A friend in her mid 50's did the 30 juice fast. She lost 16 pounds but that isn't what she was aiming for. She wanted to feel healthier and she does. She eats a mostly raw diet now. She says she feels amazing. Another friend did a smaller juice fast and now she is mostly raw too. They both commented on how their taste buds have changed and their desire for non whole foods is pretty much non exsistent. I would like to do the 30 day fast but it's expensive to juice. For me it's more the desire to see if it helps with my fibromyalgia and to destroy my taste for non whole foods.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Some folks can't digest fiber easily and juicing is a very good alternative.

fibre ISindigestible - we all consume it every day. Our digestive system needsit!
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I say or go for it! I've done it as a cleanse with great results and know others who have as well.

I have no idea why people are posting such pessimistic, ridiculous, and out right rude comments. If you don't wanna juice....THE DON'T JUICE! Don't knock someone else for wanting to. This is called common sense and common courtesy.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't approach it as detoxing. I would think of it as adding nutrients to your diet. It literally won't hurt you. I do think you need to eat food along with the juice for protien and such. I don't know why people get all up on their high horses....it's just friggin vegetables and fruits.

I think people throw a fit because they associate juicing with processed, pre made smoothies that have tons of sugar. It's obviously not the same but people make the association. So the fiber content doesnt change?
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I say or go for it! I've done it as a cleanse with great results and know others who have as well.

I have no idea why people are posting such pessimistic, ridiculous, and out right rude comments. If you don't wanna juice....THE DON'T JUICE! Don't knock someone else for wanting to. This is called common sense and common courtesy.
    Lol I always expect ppl to either be sarcastic and/or rude on here so those comments don't effect me.

I am surprised at how many positive comments this post has received tho! It isn't like you're juicing unhealthy fattening foods it's fruits and vegetables lol.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Some folks can't digest fiber easily and juicing is a very good alternative.

fibre ISindigestible - we all consume it every day. Our digestive system needsit!

Tell that to someone with a paralyzed gut. Fiber means nausea and pain. Avoiding it is important- overcooking veggies and fruit or juicing it is sometimes the only way to get it in the diet.
  • trishwitch
    Options
    Most normal, healthy people don't have any reason to "detox" or "cleanse". All it is is a fancy way to take laxatives to lose weight. As a nurse I can tell you there is nothing inside your body that needs "cleansed". Your intestines need that good bacteria in there to help to break down and digest your foods and to protect your gut.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love that movie, too. I tried the juicing, but it got kind of expensive! Yeah, I agree to just eat the whole food...then you won't be constantly cleaning that darn juicer!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many people have thought far enough into the cleanse/detox thing to realize what will be happening is MASSIVE WATERY POOPING. It's not as if you just smile the stuff out.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love that movie, too. I tried the juicing, but it got kind of expensive! Yeah, I agree to just eat the whole food...then you won't be constantly cleaning that darn juicer!
    I think that's y I only used mine twice I hated cleaning it lol and yes juicing is expensive. Soo many fruits n vegetables for a small cup of juice.
    It def has its pros and cons.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am with you, and the poster above you.

I'm not sure why anyone would think there is some miraculous advantage to "juicing" the vegetables that you would otherwise eat anyway (presumably.)

*puzzled*

Weight loss really isn't that hard. Eat less. Move more. Voila!

Wish I'd learned my lessons when I was younger.

-BootJockey
  • Flintbeats810
    Flintbeats810 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am with you, and the poster above you.

I'm not sure why anyone would think there is some miraculous advantage to "juicing" the vegetables that you would otherwise eat anyway (presumably.)

*puzzled*

Weight loss really isn't that hard. Eat less. Move more. Voila!

Wish I'd learned my lessons when I was younger.

-BootJockey

I think you need to be more specific and more careful with a statement like this because some person that eating 1000 (mostly unknowing, uninformed people) will see this and think try need to eat less and exercise more. Not good.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the comments so I don't know if this is already mentioned, but I think it'd be good if you're thinking of incorporating a juice to your daily diet because it is a good way to sneak in the nutrients and vitamins of veggies, especially if you hate eating veggies, or find it hard to cook tasty ones. Lemon is a good thing to add to get rid of the veggie stench! Other than lemon I wouldn't juice fruits because i've read about how the nutrients and fibre are all in the skin and juicing would just be the sugars which is useless. And fruits are super yummy!! So why waste them! You could try fruit smoothies though, which is blending instead of juicing, but again, I wouldn't recommend only eating them. I don't see how anyone can do it :/ I once restricted my calories super bad and had a large smoothie a day, but still felt the need to eat other foods.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    You know, juicing is a good way to get a lot of fruits and vegetables into your body. I just don't enjoy cleaning the juicer so I gave it away. I do like to take my blender and make fruit smoothies with protein powder, water and/or greek yogurt, and frozen strawberries or bananas or whatever.

To me a cleanse means no fried foods or butter. extra water. no added salt. Kinda how I try to eat everyday but slip up as I eat in restruarants.

Jack Lalanne (excuse spelling) lived a long life and swore by juicing. It's just not for me.
  • sogoobtastic
    sogoobtastic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok, here is why "juicing" works... When you break down the fruits and veggies at the cellular level, it makes them easier to digest and helps your body to absorb the nutirents faster and more efficient. The cellular walls of the vegetables are tough and most of them hold a lot more digestive friendly nutrients.

Here is why it's not good to do long term... Your body will not easily break down the tougher, solid foods and you will begin to not need the acid neccessary to break down these solid foods so your body wont produce as much and you might become dependant on laxatives.

Side note: There is no evidence that juicing works as a detoxer. Water, when purified and filtered and free or fluroide, is the best and only detoxer there is.
  • Felecia1923
    Felecia1923 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Award for most depressing thread title.

this.
    it's just the title of the movie, if the movie had been called Happy Sparkle Rainbow Faries would you have clicked the thread?

probably lol
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone reads my post since it is buried in this thread. I saw the documentary about a year ago and gradually stopped drinking coffee, decreased my intake of processed foods, then went on a 3 day juice fast. Fasting helped me lose my cravings for carbs. I love bread, cookies, rice pudding, candy etc. After the 3 day fast, I was having a juice for breakfast and a healthy lunch and dinner.For a few months. I think juicing is great but not for long term weight loss. It was too much work for me to juice in the morning For long term weight looss and health check out the 5:2 diet!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.

I literally LOL'ed!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    that movie (even the extended trailer) really gets you pumped up to be healthy. but having experimented and researched it, I can't say the actual juicing part is for me...you could get to the same place by just eating clean and exercising (notice how little energy he has near the end....).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!