Carbs are in EVERYTHING good...So frustrating

Options
124»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    if u r eating healty u shouldnt count your carbs, for women it is not recomended to eat over 80grams of protein and you should also cut on sodium but u need carbs for energy!!! good luck

Please cite sources to this claim re protein.

the RDA is 46g

Since when was the RDA a maximum? And I was asking the person who made that assertion.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sensitive to carbs, mainly they make me retain water-- no matter how much water I drink.
    So I'm learning to cut back.

I find little switches help. I love sandwiches, but now I have them on lettuce instead of bread.
    I use coconut or other lower carb milk in my oats
    I switched to lower carb fruits

all carbs are not bad, but if you are eating too many-- you may not be getting enough protein or other nutrients. Watching them helps keep me on track for other areas of my diet.
    Don't try to make all your changes overnight. A few small changes over time really add up. :-)
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If youre going for low carb, just switch to high protein. Avoid fruit, bread, sweets, etc. Its actually not that hard once you get yourself in a groove. I managed it for about 8 months. Worked out great!
  • leiaface
    leiaface Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i agree! dont focus so much on the "numbers" per say at first. Just focus on not over eating and eating healthier. Then as your body gets used to eating less and more healthy stuff you will begin the eat less carbs naturally. :)
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    carbs. are. not. bad.

just don't eat 300g of them a day and you'll be fine.
    guess I'm ****ed then...

didn't realize you were the OP! must have missed that.
    So am I or am I not ****ed? Tell me Coach Reddy!!!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Change your premise.

Beautifully put!

Carbs are our bodies preferred fuels. Carbs in the form of fruits and vegetables come loaded with so much awesome stuff. Fibre, water, vitamins, minerals... Carbs are a massive food group. A nice chunk of broccoli and a donut covered in sugar really should not all be thought of in the one category but that's what happens if you just start worrying about carbs.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Carbs make EVERYTHING good

Fixed.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    mmmm carbs.