Hard to Poop. TMI

Options

Replies

• violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    if im having trouble--and we are talking 2-3 days of nothing--i switch out my morning tea for coffee. i dont drink coffee very often, and i find that by the time im finished a cup, im running to the bathroom.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    More water, more fat... and if that doesn't work. Glycolax
  • MarciRenee74
    MarciRenee74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How did you change your eating habits?

The average American only eats about 14 grams of fiber per day and the body actually needs 30 grams of fiber per day...

Things that come to mind:

More water - I have to drink upwards of 100 ounces each day
    More fiber
    More movement
    More fat - this is important!

If that doesn't work you can try prunes or prune juice. If you need to make your body move your bowels - use prune juice. And if you warm it up - even better. If you just need to make it easier to go (softening it) you can use prunes.

If the above doesn't work you can add colace and miralax. Both require lots of water as well. None of this will work if you aren't adequately hydrated.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    More water... and some Senna tea a couple times a week to keep things going.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    On a non-diet note, going for a run can help. The impact kind of shakes everything up a bit, if you get my drift.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong but our biology teacher told us on day one, girls dont poop, so am confused.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there cuz its gettin' harder and harder to poop....whoaoo whoaoo

tumblr_m7kgfpQz2S1rq5v88o1_500.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Often, when people go on diets, they cut a lot of fat out of their diets because they think fat makes you fat...so they don't get enough healthy fats...and then they can't **** anymore.

More healthy fats
    More water
    Plenty of fiber
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    smooth move tea at night will make it happen and i actually love the sun sweet prunes and water. it helps
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the more water for the more fiber you're eating.

My fave foods to alleviate "hard" poop are frijoles (beans), oil (flax or coconut) and coffee (lotsa good ol' coffee).

Also, when I do a cardio session gravity just sorta pulls it to the backdoor. (especially after coffee)
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Nuts. Avocados. More produce. Lots of water throughout the day, especially before bed and upon first waking in the morning. All of these things should help!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough healthy fat in your diet.

I agree with this.. I eat enough fiber but I noticed when I eat something fatty out of the norm..it comes with ease.. I have tried fiber one, metamucil, veggies and still haven't figured it out..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a cigarette. BOOM. Skip the cigarette, though. Also, if you eat a lot of chocolate, that'll get things moving.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong but our biology teacher told us on day one, girls dont poop, so am confused.

Well, they do and it smells like ROSES!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Add fiber to your protien after workout recovery.
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, so my advice is Chia seeds works wonders. I put them in my after workout shake or in my overnight oats.
    I have also found nuts helps too. Good luck!!
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    just push really really hard. Pretend you're trying to grow facial hair
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Now for my serious reply: warm water with a bit of lemon in the water, first thing in the AM, will help.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Teaspoon....just saying.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    just push really really hard. Pretend you're trying to grow facial hair

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: