Hard to Poop. TMI

Options

Replies

• Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    So, to make this really easy (because THERE IS science to this)

F A T S - the healthy kind like saturated & monounsaturated (and NOT trans or processed food fats from t hings like Fiber Bars) stimulate the liver to releases bile and the gallbladder to get it going through the system . The bile mixes and digest the fats and cause a rush of water to go through the intestines = Poop!

More water and fiber......made up in the 70's when it was thought we all should cut back on saturated fats, etc. and eat more whole grains to keep our hearts healthy. LOL!

We know better now! Go back to healthy animal fats, along with coconut oils, olive oil. And enough to do you some good! Stay away from anything processed.

If a food like coffee or prunes helps than okay, but don't forget about the bile!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Try coffee. It has secret powers.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Did you try googling the word "constipation"?

It's probably better than chit chatting about it here
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Google "Salt Water Flush". That'll sort you out. :wink:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong but our biology teacher told us on day one, girls dont poop, so am confused.

Wow..that's not very smart of your bio teacher. How did they become a teacher in the first place? We put stuff in our body, if it didn't come out we would explode.
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You know what, I had that same problem and I started taking Max Muscle's Cleanse and Lean. It's a natural laxitive that helps regulate you. It worked great for me. And of course drink a lot of water!
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    For your weight you should be downing 12 glasses of water minimum. Also increase the fiber and make sure you are getting enough fats.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    it's the protein. Try drinking Smooth Move Tea a couple of times a week in the evenings before bed. It works gently over night. also be sure you are drinking the right amount water during the day!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Hush! We love talking about poop in the Chit Chat section!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    line of the day "GoNE are the days when I would just throw mud..."

FTW!
  • kes2014
    kes2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    echoes of everybody else's replies:
    excercise first thing in the morning plus coffee seems to get things moving satisfactorily most days

Also... don't forget that prunes are not the only high fiber dried fruit (although it may be the only high fiber commercial fruit JUICE - unless you're doing your own juicing... but that's another topic). Yes prune juice is high fiber, but, so is eating dried apricots, dried prunes, dried mango, dried papaya etc.

And let's not forget perennial faves like beans and whole grains (bulgur wheat, for example is a quick and easy alternative to rice or pasta).

good luck
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

But without poop threads, you have no use for poop gifs...

1303922065_dog-poops-on-girl.gif
  • pocodonn
    pocodonn Posts: 27
    Options
    More water.

I had the same problem. Drank ONLY water as my beverage for 30 days with meals and snacks. No coffee, tea ,soda or sports drinks. Problem solved!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

But without poop threads, you have no use for poop gifs...

1303922065_dog-poops-on-girl.gif

I'm thankful that I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this, because it would have come straight out my nose. That's for another thread, though.

I can't remember if anyone said to take up running, but that'll get things going, too.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I accidentally read the subject as "HAD to Poop. TMI" and I was super excited, thinking this would be a story about you having to poop in some random place, like the woods, or on the side of the road.

I AM DISAPPOINT.

Like everyone else said, make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and getting fresh fruits, and veggies.

If that doesn't work, try binge drinking and Taco Bell.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong but our biology teacher told us on day one, girls dont poop, so am confused.

Wow..that's not very smart of your bio teacher. How did they become a teacher in the first place? We put stuff in our body, if it didn't come out we would explode.

not+sure+if+serious+_a3c87850b858e3bdd7d16ee8dcf5c0ea.jpeg

Not sure if srs
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    well, i was concerned about that myself, until realized that if i eat less, i have less bowel movements. the quality of food counts too. the vet told me if i buy cheap dog food, my dog will make more messes because her body can't use all of it. and i figured out that if i eat good quality food, my body uses more of it, so there is less waste. just common sense, but i don't know why it took me so long to figure it out!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Try eating some oranges........ If your eating those chia seed things, those could be the cause of what I call "Cement Turds" Those hurt like a SOB . Haaaah. Good luck! I hope everything come thru for you ok in the end! :wink:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I am riding in a vehicle in the passenger seat and all I have to say is::::

gifs_013.gif

This topic is one I'm glad I'm not driving and trying to read the same time lol.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a cigarette. BOOM. Skip the cigarette, though. Also, if you eat a lot of chocolate, that'll get things moving.

I agree...either of those would have me running to the potty!