Spousal sabotage

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Whether intentional or not, its still sabotage.

MY GAWD PEOPLE.

This is not world war two. You are not a munitions-loaded train.

I remember that one chick saying this that one time. Good job with your plagiarism
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Because sweet babycakes, here's a protein smoothie.... Doesn't seem to win any favors..... Though, it should.

My husband does that!! :love: He makes his protein shake in the mornings and makes mine as well and puts it in the refrigerator.

My fiance does that for me, too, but it usually involves me doing some work first.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My non existant husband sabotages me by not existing, reminding me that I'm all alone and have no one to cuddle with...

so I eat ALLLLL the FOODZ in a desperate bid to find some sense of emotional security...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Whether intentional or not, its still sabotage.

MY GAWD PEOPLE.

This is not world war two. You are not a munitions-loaded train.

I remember that one chick saying this that one time. Good job with your plagiarism

That one chick broke your shoulder for making false public allegations. Just saying... watch yourself, bro.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Hey, you know, if you were on the Atkins diet you could have those favorite PorkRinds....
    just saying. lol
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My non existant husband sabotages me by not existing, reminding me that I'm all alone and have no one to cuddle with...

so I eat ALLLLL the FOODZ in a desperate bid to find some sense of emotional security...

damn that fvcker.

Nervy *kitten*. I feel sorry for him if he ever shows up.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi texmexmomma,
    I was reading your first post in this thread when my wife walks in the door with a couple of almond croissants! And that is after a week of a string of NSV's and a scale victory!
    I couldn't help but smile at the serendipity of the situation.
    Anyway, I didn't go overboard and only ate 1/2 of a croissant.
    My wife is very much on board and supportive of my program so from time to time, I don't mind when she comes home with the occassional treat.

As a thought, have you thought about getting your husband involved in calorie-controlled eating and fitness? If you could get him motivated and inspired to do it for himself, he could be a fantastic ally.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    WOW! Ive never seen this thread before! You poor dear! He came home all sweet and was like "baby i even made sure they werent too thin for YOU!" Wish i had a man in my life that would randomly pick up MY favorite snack' just because your concious of your weight loss doesnt mean mister is! Im sure he half listens when you speak about your eating havits like everyother man in america too...try not to set him on fire the next time he brings you home a treat you like.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    am I seriously the only one with the Beastie Boys playing in my head?
  • LaurieAnnAlex
    Options
    I know my kids (2 boys 10 and 11 years old) and husband (of 20 years) do not intentionally sabotage me, but sometimes it feels like it. They want to buy chips and junk - ticks me off sometimes - they are getting better though in some ways. I try healthier snacks but I wish they were all on board with my efforts. I have to get up at 6am to get time to exercise and because it is winter, I do the Wii Fit Plus, some Just Dance etc. But on the weekend, the boys expect me to let them play to, but this is MY time, we can play again later. I feel that I need to set an example for them all, but my hubby is not a child and it is hard to watch him eat burgers and fries, lots of coffee, no incentive to eat veggies or fruit. I suggested that we have fruit and veggies out to munch on. I totally sympathize with your struggle though and I hope one day they will follow suit. It will get to a point where there won't be any junk in the house...I am hoping it will get better and because they see the improvements and leaps and bounds we make, they will eventually choose healthier lifestyles. HUGS :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • slhead165
    Options
    My husband has the same issues. He gets off work at 3:30 pm and gets our son. I do not get off work until 5:30 pm or later and he never cooks. I have tried to make a menu for March so that he can see what we are having and maybe if I defrost it for him, he can start it. He drives me crazy with the "don't you just want to stop on the way home?". I understand your pain. I am trying to "re-train" my husband but at the same time, I need to "re-train" myself. Just remember that he may not always remember everything that you say, but at least he listened once (he did get what he thought you would enjoy).
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    am I seriously the only one with the Beastie Boys playing in my head?

No.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I know my kids (2 boys 10 and 11 years old) and husband (of 20 years) do not intentionally sabotage me, but sometimes it feels like it. They want to buy chips and junk - ticks me off sometimes - they are getting better though in some ways. I try healthier snacks but I wish they were all on board with my efforts. I have to get up at 6am to get time to exercise and because it is winter, I do the Wii Fit Plus, some Just Dance etc. But on the weekend, the boys expect me to let them play to, but this is MY time, we can play again later. I feel that I need to set an example for them all, but my hubby is not a child and it is hard to watch him eat burgers and fries, lots of coffee, no incentive to eat veggies or fruit. I suggested that we have fruit and veggies out to munch on. I totally sympathize with your struggle though and I hope one day they will follow suit. It will get to a point where there won't be any junk in the house...I am hoping it will get better and because they see the improvements and leaps and bounds we make, they will eventually choose healthier lifestyles. HUGS :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

....no offense but instead of using a video game to be fit why dont you use a real workout...why not try the 30 day shred then your kids can play their game in peace..
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    WOW! Ive never seen this thread before! You poor dear! He came home all sweet and was like "baby i even made sure they werent too thin for YOU!" Wish i had a man in my life that would randomly pick up MY favorite snack' just because your concious of your weight loss doesnt mean mister is! Im sure he half listens when you speak about your eating havits like everyother man in america too...try not to set him on fire the next time he brings you home a treat you like.

Heaven forbid a man actually thinks about his woman when she isn't around! Shame on him for doing what every woman wants.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

....no offense but instead of using a video game to be fit why dont you use a real workout...why not try the 30 day shred then your kids can play their game in peace..

OH. This is going to be good. *kitten*'s about to get real up in here, people.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Eeeee. It's difficult when your SO doesn't have your back.

My fiance wakes up at 6am every day to go to the gym and we both keep junk food out of the apartment. So I guess it's just easier when your partner is also doing it. Maybe you can get your guy to do the same? Though, I know it's impossible to get someone who doesn't want to lose weight, to lose weight.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    My husband is awesome!

He makes sure that I have the exercise equipment I need, he tries all the weird diet food I eat and honestly considers them, but if he doesn't like it then that's fine. He encourages me to have healthy snakes around to help fight the munchies. He tells me how proud he is that I'm doing this, and he always makes sure to compliment my achievements. When I mess up and splurge or I'm not feeling well enough to exercise he's encouraging without being pushy, and he's always affirmative and positive towards my efforts.

Wait... this was a sabotage thread, wasn't it?
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My new plan: (1) Make everything in my house about me. (2)When the "others" in my house don't cooperate as I see fit, blame them for my failure. (3) WIN!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Seriously? Maybe the video game exercising helps her get motivated. People take what they can get.