Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love chobani Greek yogurt. I can't eat "regular" yogurt anymore. I have it as a part of my afternoon snack.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I get the full fat kind, usually Fage, and I love it, plain, or with nuts and fruit.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the new craze with this. Am I the only one that hates Greek yogurt? To me it tastes like fruit flavored sour milk.

Yuck.
    Some taste better than others. I tired several and didn't like greek yogurt. I then found one and it tastes just like sour cream to me. Aka as you said, "sour milk". If you eat sour cream, you should instead eat greek yogurt. It has the same amt of sugar as sour cream, but less fat and less calories. Thus it is a healthier alternative. A swap, if you will.
  • imperfect188
    Options
    I love it. I buy the Oikos brand and it taste great. I use it for everything from tartar sauce to a syrup subsitute to icing on plain cake.

It's weird because I was never a yogurt eater until I jumped on the bandwagon and tried it.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Some brands I HATE but I love the Greek Gods. I've tried chobani, store brands and fage. So far only one I like is Greek Gods honey flavor. Or I'll get plain and add my own but I don't eat it often being lactose sensitive/intolerant.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Greek yogurt. Love it's portability.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    Greek yogurt is so freaking nasty!!! I have tried on several different occasions to try and like it but I just can't do it. Disgusting. But then again I'm not really a huge yogurt fan to begin with (unless it's the Trix yogurt thats jam packed with sugar :laugh: )

BUT I recently discovered a yogurt that I very much like in Whole Foods called Noosa. It's just as good if not better nutrition wise compared to Greek Yogurt (like Chobani). I bought me some today. Strawberry Rhubarb. Mmmmmmmmm
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    I love greek yogurt! I eat it with my lunch pretty much every day.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like Chonani's blueberry and pineapple and Dannon Oikos black cherry. I haven't tried any other brands but I enjoy those brand and flavor combinations. Yummy!
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    I love all 3 of those! I didn't think I would like the pineapple, but it's delish. I've been told the key lime is really good too, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Just stay away from Oikos and Chobani and all those with fruit on the bottom. Some have 22g of sugar per serving. A Hershey bar has 24g.
  • alisondavidson9
    Options
    I used to hate cottage cheese, but now I have it with Cocoa, sweetener, and frozen cherries for dessert. Sooo yummy!
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Fage fat free plain. I use it instead of sour cream, in tzatziki sauce and in fresh fruit smoothies. I go through about a quart per week.
  • jeanpien
    jeanpien Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Now that looks great.
  • Liliespad
    Options
    Top the greek yogurt with a few sliced almonds and a little drizzle of raw honey... delicious desert and healthy too
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT! I buy non-fat PLAIN greek yogurt. I eat it at least once a day.

Ways I eat it:

Add my own fresh or frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
    Use instead of sour cream
    Use it in cooking (holds up to heat well)
    1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of yogurt plus one pack of splenda or stevia.

I love it as well, but I never thoought of adding peanut butter (one of my addictions) to it. I'll have to try that!!!! Personally, I favor chobani, fage and liberti brands of greek yogurt.
  • superflydragonfly
    Options
    Greek yogurt is just regular yogurt that's strained to make it thicker. I highly recommend making your own yogurt. It's super easy and taste way better than anything you can buy.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it tastes like *kitten* by itself, but I love it mixed in things or used for cooking purposes. Otherwise I stick to the good ole regular stuff. haha
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I personally don't mind the taste, but for 55 more calories I don't find it satisfies me anymore than the low cal ones.

I did find a 50 calorie greek yougurt though so I don't mind trying it, but I agree, don't totally get the craze.
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    It's definetely an acquired taste, the first few times tasted chalky and gross, but then I started to LOVE it. You do have to be careful with selecting a brand, because they can be loaded with sugar and saturated fat. I looked at the Greek Gods yogurt today, and there was 34 g of sugar and 50% of your saturated fat in one 300 calorie serving! Chobani is my fave, but I usually just get whatever is on sale.