T.H.E Team Starting fresh

Options

Replies

• asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello Im AMY and I would Love to be part of this Group....

OK here it goes: S/W (2/17) 171.4
    G/W 140
    C/W 169.2

As you can see I am struggling...started the insanity program just shy of 2 weeks ago and have actually gained over a lb...I just found this site the other day and I love the support.....I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
  • ragarza1
    ragarza1 Posts: 13
    Options

G/W 140
    C/W 169.2

As you can see I am struggling...started the insanity program just shy of 2 weeks ago and have actually gained over a lb...I just found this site the other day and I love the support.....I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

YOU GO GIRL! dont ever give up, go insane!...how is that going anyway?! i've thought about giving it a shot myself so i'm not running like crazy all the time :P
  • SexyIsPainful
    SexyIsPainful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all! I've been struggling with being at the same weight for the last 6 months even though I workout faitfully everyday - I know my eating habits are all wrong - mostly I dont eat enough calories in a day most days ...... Looking forward to the support!

ybee sw 273.3 ; gw 175; cw 244.5= -1 lb yippee
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155 cw 168.6 I gained this week
    ragarza1 sw 160.2 / gw 135/ cw 156.5 woohoo!
    kimmrdodge sw 261.5; gw 125; cw 247.5 Loss of 4lbs!! yay!
    nitag SW 209/GW 145/CW 204 = Loss of 5 lbs
    Losingit4good SW 222.4/ GW 200/ CW 225 I gained too!!
    pamh5555 SW 197/GW190/CW 194.5 = (2.5) Loss
    pecantan sw 300 gw 150 cw 246 = 2lb loss
    tmjack3326- sw180, gw140, cw177, loss of 3 pounds
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Welcome tmjack...You seem to have the same issue a few people have had - not enough calories for all of the exercise you're doing. But if you stick with MFP, it's fairly easy to fix, I think.

So I cancelled my train tickets to visit my daughter. Doctor says "not right now," because I've had too many sick days lately. Bummer! I haven't told my daughter yet...
    But I'll go sometime, when my sister is driving there to visit her own daughter. Much easier, I suppose, than a train ride.

crazybee sw 273.3 ; gw 175; cw 244.5= -1 lb yippee
    pamh5555 SW 197/GW190/CW 194.5 = (2.5) Loss
    cindybee SW 136 GW 120 CW 132.2 **gain**
    egam SW 205; GW 185 ; CW 197 = even
    pawprint-sw168,gw115,cw137=staying even

I posted this because I noticed that someone copied it, and missed a few. Feel free to copy mine, and add your name and stats, if I missed you...
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    PecanTan-You are doing very well for yourself also. Keep up the awesome work!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I dont mind at all... :wink: .. I started calling it wogging last year and it kinda stuck. There are a few of us in the group that like to wog, so we all know what it means if you say you went "wogging" lol My wog today went GREAT! I feel so, so, so much better and my back is much better and not stiff at all.

I would highly recommend to ANYONE that is starting out on an exercise regime to plan in a massage as a treat at the end of the first week! It realllly helps to relax and sooth over those muscles that are throwing tantrums about being worked over. Have your therapist focus on helping you stretch and relax the areas that are sore....Its a nice way to reward yourself without food!

I am glad you had a good wog. Keep up the AWESOME work.

I absolutely agree with the massage. If I could afford it, I would have one once a month to work out the kinks. Although, I keep forgetting about Yoga. That is also a great alternative, if you can't afford a massage every month. Thanx for the reminder. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

G/W 140
    C/W 169.2

It is okay, you normally gain in the start of a new program and then it will start to go down again. I think I have already posted this to you, but it is good to hear on occasion. Month 2 is a bugger and will definitely jump start your metabolism. Not that month 1 isn't. Hang in there, it will get better. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Tmjack-Welcome to the group. I do see you lost 3 pounds, that is AWESOME!!! What you might do is change up your workout routine and/or your foods you are eating. Changing things up wakes up the metabolism and makes it start working harder. If you have been eating the same things and doing the same exercises for a few weeks, change it up maybe every 4 weeks to keep your body guessing. Hang in there, it will get better. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

So I cancelled my train tickets to visit my daughter. Doctor says "not right now," because I've had too many sick days lately. Bummer! I haven't told my daughter yet...
    But I'll go sometime, when my sister is driving there to visit her own daughter. Much easier, I suppose, than a train ride.

I posted this because I noticed that someone copied it, and missed a few. Feel free to copy mine, and add your name and stats, if I missed you...

I am sorry to hear about you not being able to see your daughter right now. I will keep you in my prayers so you may see her soon.

Keep up the awesome work, you are at least staying even, better than gaining anyway. Hang in there, it will get better. :bigsmile:
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options

4 lbs is fantastic, keep up the great work.

I want to invite you to take a look at my website and look at the programs that Beachbody.com has to offer. I just hate to see good people waste their money on a gym, when you can be working out in the privacy of your own home. If you have any questions, you can email or call me. www.beachbodycoach.com/jjtonic75

Have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:

Thanks! I'll have a look :)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome TmJack and Amy. Struggle is a huge part of this journey that is why we are all here too offer and accept support, nice to have you guys on board. :)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group TM & Amy!!!!

So today started off great! I dropped hubby at the airport and went and got a mani and pedi.

What started off good tho turned into an emotional day. My ex decided to play "father of the year" today with my oldest daughter and blew her off for Prom dress shopping after they made plans to go. Its her senior prom and its this coming Saturday. He's had 3 weeks to go with her and kept giving her lame excuses. Well.. todays excuse was the bottom line. Aparently he decided it was a good day to go to the beach with his ex girlfriend instead and completely blew off my daughter. It got real ugly with the two of them (she's 18 1/2) and turned into this huge drama with him screaming at her over the phone then hanging up on her. So I got to watch as her little heart got broken again by a man who cant put his kids first. It just makes me so damn :explode: :explode: Anyway... I took her to get a dress. That was never the issue. She had asked him to pay for it because I had bought all the other dresses for every other dance she had been too and this was supposed to be something special for them to share.

Now that everything has calmed down at my house, I am fighting the stress relief=chocolate war. I have NO sweets in my house or i would be in real trouble! :laugh: Just thought Id share this because its easier for me to share it than to jump in the car and go hit the store!! Im lazy like that right now and definitely know its NOT what I want to do... :wink:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So today started off great! I dropped hubby at the airport and went and got a mani and pedi.

What started off good tho turned into an emotional day. My ex decided to play "father of the year" today with my oldest daughter and blew her off for Prom dress shopping after they made plans to go. Its her senior prom and its this coming Saturday. He's had 3 weeks to go with her and kept giving her lame excuses. Well.. todays excuse was the bottom line. Aparently he decided it was a good day to go to the beach with his ex girlfriend instead and completely blew off my daughter. It got real ugly with the two of them (she's 18 1/2) and turned into this huge drama with him screaming at her over the phone then hanging up on her. So I got to watch as her little heart got broken again by a man who cant put his kids first. It just makes me so damn :explode: :explode: Anyway... I took her to get a dress. That was never the issue. She had asked him to pay for it because I had bought all the other dresses for every other dance she had been too and this was supposed to be something special for them to share.

Now that everything has calmed down at my house, I am fighting the stress relief=chocolate war. I have NO sweets in my house or i would be in real trouble! :laugh: Just thought Id share this because its easier for me to share it than to jump in the car and go hit the store!! Im lazy like that right now and definitely know its NOT what I want to do... :wink:

I am so sorry to hear what her father did to her. I understand your frustration. At least she has a loving mother who is always there for her.

Great job not going and getting chocolate. I truely understand that one. I had a hard time myself last nite, but did not do it either. Keep up the awesome work. Have a great week. :bigsmile:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    crazybee sw 273.3 ; gw 175; cw 244.5= -1 lb yippee
    pamh5555 SW 197/GW190/CW 192.5 = (5.5) Loss
    cindybee SW 136 GW 120 CW 132.2 **gain**
    egam SW 205; GW 185 ; CW 197 = even
    pawprint-sw168,gw115,cw137=staying even
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself for this weekend. I got my workouts in and did not even cheat with one bite of something not on my menu for the weekend. Also, my stomach is loving it as well. Go figure, bad food, bad stomach, good food, good stomach. LOL Who would have ever thunk it???

Have a fantastic week everybody. :bigsmile:
  • smpoole
    smpoole Posts: 3
    Options
    I would love to join this group.... It's great to read the posts of others who may be struggling just like me :smile:

My story is.... working mom of 3. Gone through the weight loss roller coaster too many times to count :grumble: I have had great luck losing the weight post pregnancy (breastfeeding and WW) but as soon as I stop nursing, my motivation tanks, the eating continues and weight creeps up!!!!! Each time I say I want THIS time to be different but my motivations disappears. I ENJOY eating. I am trying hard to be aware of other patterns (emotional eating, stress eating, etc) .

sw173,gw150,cw173 (stayed the same)

THIS TIME WILLLLLLLL BE DIFFERENT :bigsmile:

Sharon
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Welcome Sharon. Yes, this time will be different. You are here with us and we will be here every step of the way. Whenever you have questions or are just frustrated that is what we are here for. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WTG Jennfer on your excerciing and good eathing habits. I am proud of you. I am sure you will see some loss this week.!

I am on an emotional eating roller coater this week. Sunday I had a going away party for my daughter who is leaving for New York tomorrow. I ate quite a few chips and dips but only 1 bite of cake. Yesterday we were packing at her house so took left over food from her party to her house and we snacked on chips and dip again. Today we pack up the moving truck i am sure there will be more eating as we pack. Tomorrow morning she leaves. I was thinking about making a big breakfast for her and friend who will be driving to New York together to keep them full for awhile. losingit4good is coming to keep me company tomorrow after she leaves so hopefully she will not let me eat all day. Needles to say I am not looking forward to weighin on Friday..
  • Iffer75
    Options
    WTG Jennfer on your excerciing and good eathing habits. I am proud of you. I am sure you will see some loss this week.!

I am on an emotional eating roller coater this week. Sunday I had a going away party for my daughter who is leaving for New York tomorrow. I ate quite a few chips and dips but only 1 bite of cake. Yesterday we were packing at her house so took left over food from her party to her house and we snacked on chips and dip again. Today we pack up the moving truck i am sure there will be more eating as we pack. Tomorrow morning she leaves. I was thinking about making a big breakfast for her and friend who will be driving to New York together to keep them full for awhile. losingit4good is coming to keep me company tomorrow after she leaves so hopefully she will not let me eat all day. Needles to say I am not looking forward to weighin on Friday..

Thanx for the encouragement I appreciate it.

I would just like to give you some friendly advice about the situation you are in with yor daughter leaving and the eating. PLAN AHEAD!!! You knew this week was coming. Go and get veggies and dip and fruit to munch on instead of chips and dip. Every time you take a moment and start thinking of eating something, drink a glass of water first. I completely understand that this is hard for you, but don't make it harder on yourself by not choosing good healthy foodfor yourself. You are using this as an excuse and this is actually a great excuse to eat healthy. You can do this. Don' gve in to the chips and dip. Everything will be okay. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    No chips and dip while Im there deb! In fact, if you even bring them out, Im gonna drag yer butt outside for a walk... rain or shine! :tongue: BUT.. I will be showing up around lunch time, so I figure we can go get some HEALTHY lunch somewhere. A nice BIG salad.... :wink:

If I even HINT at chocolate or something not good for me.. you have free rein to slap me upside the head and say NO! haha! (I say this because the likelyhood of me saying I want it is pretty slim now) I caved last night when I went grocrery shopping and bought smore makings.. then I got them home and calculated out the calories... (nothing gets past these lips without knowing!) and discovered that for 194 calories I could have 1/2 of one (square sized instead of rectangle size) and it was less fat and calories than eating the whole normal sized chocolate bar. I also have several calories left over, so I had one.

My success for today is that I managed to bypass all the bad for me things. My friend called me to hit the mall and help her find sexy clothes because her man is coming home from Iraq of Thursday and she has lost 35lbs so she wants to surprise him when she goes to pick him up. We are meandering the mall and she saw baskin robbins and was like 'ooooooh.. i want ice cream!" and I said.. "go ahead, Im gonna pass" Normally Im all about Ice cream, but for some reason it didnt even sound good and I think it was probably because I had already satisfied that sweet craving the day before. Watching her eat a huge waffle cone was wierd. Normally I woulda drooled but it didnt bother me at all today!! I just sucked on my water and said... I aint blowing the 750calories I just burned at the gym today on ice cream! haha!

So yes it is true. When you work out in the morning, you make better choices through the day. :heart: I got in 15 minutes of brisk walking, 28 minutes of wogging and 15 more minutes on the elliptical for an hour total. I was actually sweating pretty good and it felt AWESOME!