Are there a lot of backbenders on MFP?

Options

Replies

• RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love backbends...aka "wheel" in yoga...working on drop backs now, just need to get up the courage. I'll have someone take a picture soon and post to my profile. Oh, and I am 44, so don't think age has anything to do with it...I'm more flexible now than I was in my 20's!!
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I don't even know how this is possible. I just tried as well. :noway:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    734487_444277008985375_378372809_n.jpg
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Im a firebender ;P

I can almost do that, but i dont really do yoga often.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    No, I'm a water bender.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Ok, just tried, and NO. Hahahaha. But to be fair my shoulder is hurting so I couldn't push myself up.

And now not only is it divisive, but it's discriminatory against hurt shoulder people.

This is just very upsetting.

I tried it and couldn't do it. Poop. But, I'm not giving up.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    No, I'm a water bender.

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    If i tried that i would be a brokeback and not the cowboy kind
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Ok, just tried, and NO. Hahahaha. But to be fair my shoulder is hurting so I couldn't push myself up.

And now not only is it divisive, but it's discriminatory against hurt shoulder people.

This is just very upsetting.

I tried it and couldn't do it. Poop. But, I'm not giving up.

I had to cheat and use the stability ball to get partway there. I'd like to do it all on my own some day.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget mean. Everybody's being very mean to the non-backbendy types.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The back bending "scene"? Really?

Please don't criticize the bb lifestyle. I totally understand if it is 't for you because of some sort of physical limitation but please don't shame those of us who have chosen to live our lives this way.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I just tried it and got farther than I expected
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This and my splits are two things I'm working on :)
  • Crystle85
    Crystle85 Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow, I tried and I did it! No way I could hold it for more than a couple seconds though at this point ...and as for getting a picture...:noway: .
  • xDMartinHx
    xDMartinHx Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    love to but broke mine so i cant, as much
  • AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    Back bender here!!! I love the stretch I get out of it. I just got my back bend fully in 1 month after not having done in for almost 6 years :) I need a pic.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    Yep now I feel the need to go try one, too bad I don't have someone to take my pic
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yep now I feel the need to go try one, too bad I don't have someone to take my pic

I am willing to sacrifice my time to assist. And don't worry, the ones with wardrobe malfunctions shall never see the light of day.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I had to cheat and use the stability ball to get partway there. I'd like to do it all on my own some day.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget mean. Everybody's being very mean to the non-backbendy types.

Now that is a solid idea. I was going walk my hands down the wall to the floor. In my defense, I tried on concrete (I'm not at home), which was not conducive. Also, fear of public shame may have inhibited my bending abilities somewhat. From what I understand, bending is partly mental.

But yes, MEAN and divisive, and discriminatory. I'm taking my raspberry ketones and going home.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I love backbending!

and water-bending...fire-bending...earth-bending...
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Here's my picture:

grrr.... it didn't post

:)