Sports Bras and Yoga pants

Options

Replies

• cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I bought sports bras and compression capris and shorts at walmart, I have 3 'sets' so I can get away with doing laundry every 3 days, though Im considering buying more of them. I dont care about the quality of workout clothes (just a lil A cup so a bra is more for modesty than support) I buy cheap so I dont feel bad if they deteriorate, after all who is upset when a $5 sports bra has to be thrown out?
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG fan of yoga pants. I'm a guy so I don't wear them, of course, but I'm still a BIG fan.
    LOL
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Try Sierra Trading Post.com for Moving Comfort bras. They have them at cheap prices, but not all sizes/colors.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Personally i like under armor because the have a wounded warriors fund also great clothes and not to bad on the wallet either unlike nike which i have always thought over rated
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Enell - all day long. There is not a better sports bra - period. They are expensive but mine has lasted a year.
    i have one that's lasted 2.5 years. the only reason i can't wear it anymore is because it's too big to wear even for low impact stuff.
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bumping to have a look tomorrow (it is nearly 12 in the night in the UK)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I got some at road runner sports sports bras that are actually tanks lasting me years and look and feel like new, from a brand call run. I my yoga pants from a gift shop costed gift shop prices {read: way too much tourist trap} they are from ZENsei and they are lasting.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have very large breasts, so I have to buy my sports bras at specialty lingerie stores or at Nordstrom. I usually get Freya or Panache Sports, and I love both brands. To me it it well worth the money to have good support and a well-shaped chest. :)
    Thanks for the information.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't put the bras in the dryer. It's a pain in the neck, but they last much longer if you hang them to dry. Something about the elasticity.
    Agreed. I always hang-dry mine.

Another laundry tip: don't use fabric softener on workout clothes. It coats the fibers and interferes with the wicking properties.

Really?

I always throw mine in the dryer and they last years. The elasticity is the same today as well I bought them. They are at least 4 years old. I got them at an UnderArmour and a Nike outlet here locally.l
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you need an underwire, Moving Comfort is the way to go. Amazing bra....cheapest on Amazon. Otherwise about $50 but worth every penny if the girls are big.....
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Lucy has some great sales. I have some capris and yoga tops that I bought from them. I used them for 8 months going to yoga every other day. Everything has held up well and is nice quality. Now, their regular prices are expensive. I only shop the sales.
  • dancerobin
    Options
    lululemon all the way. Almost all of my running pants/tights are from there, along with a bra and a few tops. They are pricey, but worth it to me.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    In for what I'm hoping will turn into a very promising photo shoot.

CREE. PEEE.

Because you view a discussion among women about the technical merits of certain sports apparel brands as really nothing more than the titillating promise of images of women in bras to gratify you.

Chauvinism, anyone?
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Throw in another vote for Target.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Sports bra of the brand Casall. Not cheap but very good support for high impact sports. Good to get in for bigger cupsizes. ( I have a C, had a D before)
    If you wash your bra so often, never use softener and only little mild detergent.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Throw in another vote for Target.

OT: I just want to say that I love your avatar photo! So cute! Reminds me of my little sweetheart who is no longer with us. She liked going out in the snow, but not like that! Adorable.
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love my yoga pants from Costco - they are similar to lululemon, but without the $100 price tag. As for sports bras - I have to get super expensive ones because of my size, but the $50'is totally worth it! I love my panache sports bras for super support
  • jennanixon91
    jennanixon91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has good sports bras. The Tata tamer is my fav - very supportive. Although a bit expensive, they are worth it and really well made. I've had one for a few years now and it was about 50$. Its actually not very expensive compared to some other ones. Hope this helps!
  • jennanixon91
    jennanixon91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree! Costco has the best workout stuff for reasonable prices.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I recently bought a couple of pair of Kirkland brand reversible yoga pants for $20 each and a 2-pack of champion brand sports bras for $25 from Costco. I don't think the sports bras are high support -- probably medium support -- but fine for the aerobics I do.

I can't speak to longevity, but they seem like they are decent quality and definitely cheaper than Lucy and Lululemon. I do have Lululemon pants and tops. I think that Lululemon tops -- especially the ones with the super light material that can be worn to hot yoga are super top notch. They don't shrink in the wash, and I just toss it all in the regular warm wash.

What I don't think holds up as well is Macy's ideology brand. I had a gift certificate and there was a sale. I don't think the $30 pants are as well made as the Kirkland pants.