Something interesting about yourself.

Options
DotPett
DotPett Posts: 181 Member
I have a half sleeve tattoo, which is an homage to my home state of Oregon. How about you?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I have a sixth sense for finding four (or more) leaf clovers. I've found literally hundreds of them in my lifetime ranging from 4-8 leaf clovers. That's at least mildly interesting, right?
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I appeared in a charity naked knitting calendar :blushing:
  • gfiorine
    gfiorine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was born in Belgium and lived there till I was 14, I'm fluent in a few languages but don't have an accent when I speak English. People think I'm from the Midwest, even though I've never lived there. My favorite thing to do when people refuse to speak English to me is respond to them in Flemish.
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Have to be careful with those knitting needles!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have a half sleeve tattoo, which is an homage to my home state of Oregon. How about you?
    Tattoos are so secy
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

I have nothing interesting about me:cry: But this is awesome,good for you!
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon at the age of 47 and became a reserve police officer. :smile:
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have a sixth sense for finding four (or more) leaf clovers. I've found literally hundreds of them in my lifetime ranging from 4-8 leaf clovers. That's at least mildly interesting, right?

Actually I found that very interesting!
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was asked to audition for a "Super nanny" type show!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    A show on Animal Planet did a half hour episode about my dog rescue group. Even though it was presented in documentary-style we were actually re-enacting a past adoption so I had to "act". Master Thespian!!! lol
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am very intuitive about some people. It's kinda creepy sometimes.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I went into the mountains of Tijuana when I was 18, with a small church group, to spend five days working with Amor Ministries to build a house for a family of four. It was three rooms, and all told was smaller than any US apartment, and we hand-mixed the foundation using hoes and large flat pans on the ground. The walls were filled in with stucco, wrapped with chicken wire, and solidified with an outer layer of more stucco. (These houses could not be made using any power tools or advanced technology because of the location and the fact that there was no electricity hookup anywhere nearby.)

It was 80 degrees during the day, 20 at night, and we slept in tents on the Amor campground. Most of us didn't shower the entire trip, because the only way to do so was with freezing buckets of water. The 'neighborhood' in which we built the house was essentially a slum, but it had a church full of smiling adorable children. Everyone was happy to see us there.

It was awesome, even though I was already losing my faith at the time. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I was just 1 lb. 13 oz. at birth...On 1-13 as well!
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My longest non-stop run was 100.59 miles in 28 hours and 30 minutes.
  • gtreyger
    gtreyger Posts: 25
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon at the age of 47 and became a reserve police officer. :smile:

That is REALLY awesome and quite amazing!
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am a human banana. :)
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    A few years back I went to China for a work trip. i had the weekend spare so The first touristy thing I did was visit the Great Wall. I climbed up several stairs and then as I was walking back down I fell over and sprained my ankle. As I had never had a sprained ankle or broken body before I kind of thought well this hurts i'll just go lie on my hotel bed and didn't seek medical advice, thinking the pain will go away. Anyway I caught my flights home 2 days later, and 17 hours of flying certainly did not help. By the time I got home my ankle had swollen up and looked like a ball. I took myself off to the hospital upon which the doctor told me it was the worst sprain she had ever seen! It then took 6 months of physiotherapy for it to get better. :noway:
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My right toe is slightly shorter than my left toe.
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos and love reptiles. Nobody ever believes me because they say I look to prim and proper...LOL
  • Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    I am radioactive kinetic. Like pyro kinesis is in theory considered the ability to manipulate fire, I once encountered to be able to slightly manipulate radioactivity.

In 10th grade my physics teacher set up a Geiger counter to measure some lightly radioactive materials and the atmohspheric radioactivity. While measuring just the atmosphere in intervals of 10 seconds, the average was about 4 clicks on the counter per interval. Out of a mood I strongly concentrated on the installation and suddenly in that interval the counter went up to 12. In none of the intervals it had even gotten close to 10, not to speak of above it. Surprised myself I let it go for 1 or 2 intervalls, seeing it being way below 10 again and then concentrated again on it. Again it jumped somwhere over 10. Thats been the only 2 intervals it counted that many clicks without any radioactive material close to it. As said, the overall average was around 4.

I never tried it again and this first little succes didnt make me practiced it to become a super villain with mad powers. Lucky humanity ;)