Leftover Birthday Cake dilemma...

Options
1235»

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I take it to work and let co workers pig out on it:)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This really depends on the cake. If it's German Chocolate, pitch that ****.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If it's good, I'd cut it into servings sizes and eat one piece a day until it's gone. The only reason to throw away cake is if it doesn't taste good enough to justify the calories. Or if it has coconut :laugh:

Side note-- I love cake for breakfast. I don't know why you'd think cake for breakfast was a terrible idea.
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    i would feel guilty about tossing it BUT! I would feel more guilty by eating it....I don't have much will power when it comes to sweets so I would have to throw it away...
  • chaosiii
    chaosiii Posts: 1
    Options
    For all my life, I hated to throw food away. And I was always the leftover eater. Things changed this year with my new-found healthy eating. Throw it away since no one needs the temptation.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd eat the cake. But I'm weak.

Bring it to work and feed it to the hungry hordes. If you really love the cake, then freeze it and eat a piece every once in awhile.
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Trash it.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would eat a piece every day until it was gone.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If I have something like that at home I always bring the leftovers to work....I work with 5 guys so i know it will be gone by the end of the day.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Cut into small pieces and freeze.
    My friend gave me a fresh apple cake at Christmas that I'm still enjoying. :smile:

If you don't have the willpower to leave it alone (chocolates are bad for me) I bring them to work and put them in the office kitchen. Once it hits the office kitchen I consider it gone and never touch it again.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Why sabotage yourself?
    Chuck it to the birds and stop feeling guilty about throwing away cake - sounds like you feel more guilty about throwing away cake someone made for you than about that awful guilty feeling you would experience if you ended up eating it - no questions - no regrets - no weight gain - get rid of it!!