Coffee creamer, help!

Options
1235»

Replies

• VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have started using some of my unsweetend almond milk (vanilla). I pour myself an 8oz cup. put about 1/4 in my coffee cup (large sized to take with me to work = about 2 regular coffees) and drink the rest. For the entire 8oz its only 40 calories and seems to work just as well as the Cream mate creamer i used to use hope that helps a bit? (I dont drink regular milk or use dairy creams as I get a rash on my neck from fresh milk but not from any other dairy go figure. Good thing because i LOVE yogurt!)

Almond milk is what I was going to suggest. I typically use Stevia with Silk or half and half most of the time; but, I only use 1 tbsp half and half per cup and just 1 or 2 cups a day. My husband likes a lot of milk in his so I suggested he try the almond milk to cut calories and fat. He really likes it, but sticks with plain almond milk and adds some cocoa. It makes for a pretty healthy mocha (and a great treat on the weekends when I want something a little more special).
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have found So Delicious Coconut creamer. It is only 20 cals per tablespoon.

I use this too, I like the French Vanilla flavor.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You could try cutting it down to only 1 tbsp per cup. I use the same kind as you do, and I find about a tbsp still makes the coffee taste good. When I'm out of creamer, I use plain half and half or a 1/4 cup whole milk without any extra sugar.
  • dcp_706
    dcp_706 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use international delight sugar free 1 Tbsp only 20 cal.(hazelnut) but they have all kinds
  • racerx1
    racerx1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found flavored stevia - I like vanilla and chocolate. I still 1/2 & 1/2 with it though.
  • beckysiz
    beckysiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel Creamer in my coffee and Sorry I can't help cause this is one thing I am not willing to give up so I log it and move on...

Me too!
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started adding 1 Tbsp Coconut oil in replace of creamer and love it!! I also add 2 splendas.

The coconut oil brings out the flavor of the coffee, is the same consistency as adding creamer, adds healthy fats, and (according to Dr Oz and the internet) will increase weightloss specifically belly fat.

Yes it does up my calories and fat, but it works in seamlessly with my goals.
  • r5m8
    r5m8 Posts: 1
    Options
    Read the labels of the fat free 1/2 and 1/2. Skim Plus makes one that is only skim milk and additional skim milk solids (more protein and makes it taste creamier) MUCH healthier than those others, and MUCH MUCH healthier for you than those flavored and sweetened creamers.

Regarding sweeteners, try Truvia made from Stevia. It is natural (not artificial like sweet n low, aspertame and splenda ) but it doesn't affect your blood sugar levels like sugar and agave do. Again, healthier choices.

Good luck
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I put 8oz FF Cappucino in mine :) 100 cal. still better than 140 :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have found So Delicious Coconut creamer. It is only 20 cals per tablespoon.

I second this. coconut is supposed to be good for you anyway.

^^this. Otherwise I just log the bliss and enjoy every sip. ;o)
  • Evagem
    Evagem Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do a combination because I like my coffee about 1/2 coffee and 1/2 dairy! It is all Starbucks fault that I drink coffee and since I started with latte's, I have not been able to transition to plain coffee or even coffee with minimal cream, etc.

I use International Delight fat free vanilla / caramel macchiato / white chocolate mocha (2 tablespoons) and the 1/2 cup of Trader Joes unsweetened vanilla almond milk. By using the 2 tablespoons of creamer I am able to get the flavor and sweetness that I like but the almond milk makes it more calorie friendly. In the past I have also used 1/2 of a package of Nestle Sugar Free Hot Cocoa mix with my almond milk.
  • Deealotsmaller
    Options
    Have you tried sugar free syrups? There is also sugar free creamer things i seen.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Non fat milk or I drink it black.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I just plan for the calories!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with milk?? I use full fat (we buy that for our kids anyway) and only need a small bit, so it doesn't add many calories and doesn't ruin the taste of my coffee!

This appears to be an American thing, as I don't know anyone in England who uses creamers.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee creamer fetish:

Bailey's~Creme Brulee, French Vanilla, Latte Machiatto, Caramel, Hazelnut
    International Delight~Caramel Machiatto, Salted Caramel Mocha
    Coffeemate~White Chocolate Caramel Latte, Italian Sweet Cream

some are SF or FF
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ;