Go Fruit Yourself! What do you think?

Options
13»

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    So before you go and turn down a chance at better health and a better life, just read the book or do your research on the 80/10/10 diet.

No thanks, eating high carb is how most people (including me) gained weight in the first place.
    Nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY got fat from eating too much raw fresh organic fruit and fresh tender green leafy vegetables, with the occasional seeds and nuts, like Dr. Graham recommends.

I've seen your other posts and realize you are a newly born again vegan, but if what you are saying is true there would never be overweight vegetarians, and guess what, I've seen plenty of them. You aren't making a very good case with your exaggerations. If you want to follow this high carb low fat and low protein diet and look skinny fat go for it.
    Overweight vegetarians are all 80/10/10? Pretty sure cheese pizza, potato chips, and coca-cola all count as "vegetarian" foods, but that's not what i was talking about, was it? Pretty sure you know how to read, so please re-read what i wrote. Something about fruits and vegetables...

The point is that eating 80/10/10 doesn't necessarily stop you from eating too many calories (and therefore gaining weight). You seem to indicate it's impossible to gain weight on 80/10/10. That is absolutely false.
    If you are eating only raw fresh whole natural foods, based around fruits and veggies, and getting regular exercise, as Dr. Graham recommends in his book, it would be damn near impossible to get too many calories. You can only eat so many bites in a day, and when every bite is loaded with fiber, water and nutrients, you become satiated pretty quickly. It's hard to get ENOUGH calories on a 811rv diet.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    So before you go and turn down a chance at better health and a better life, just read the book or do your research on the 80/10/10 diet.

No thanks, eating high carb is how most people (including me) gained weight in the first place.
    Nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY got fat from eating too much raw fresh organic fruit and fresh tender green leafy vegetables, with the occasional seeds and nuts, like Dr. Graham recommends.

I've seen your other posts and realize you are a newly born again vegan, but if what you are saying is true there would never be overweight vegetarians, and guess what, I've seen plenty of them. You aren't making a very good case with your exaggerations. If you want to follow this high carb low fat and low protein diet and look skinny fat go for it.
    Overweight vegetarians are all 80/10/10? Pretty sure cheese pizza, potato chips, and coca-cola all count as "vegetarian" foods, but that's not what i was talking about, was it? Pretty sure you know how to read, so please re-read what i wrote. Something about fruits and vegetables...

The point is that eating 80/10/10 doesn't necessarily stop you from eating too many calories (and therefore gaining weight). You seem to indicate it's impossible to gain weight on 80/10/10. That is absolutely false.

You can't argue logic with this guy. He's born again as a raw vegan, and now apparently a frugivore. They call these followers 'fruit bats' haha.
    I read your last incoherent reply. You wouldn't know what logic was if it hit you in the barbell.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options

If you are eating only raw fresh whole natural foods, based around fruits and veggies, and getting regular exercise, as Dr. Graham recommends in his book, it would be damn near impossible to get too many calories. You can only eat so many bites in a day, and when every bite is loaded with fiber, water and nutrients, you become satiated pretty quickly. It's hard to get ENOUGH calories on a 811rv diet.

You're right, it may be difficult to get too many calories with just fruit and veggies, but it's definitely not impossible.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Eat as much fruit as I want and lose weight? Yeah no thanks, and tons of fruit turns my stomach. I would live on the toilet with the hershey squirts.

Also, I can't stand the taste of raw banana. :\

...Good luck with that though, whatever works for you I guess.

ETA: Also just noticed this thread was necro'd pretty hard. Why all the Freelea/Fruitarian talk so suddenly? Guerrilla PR attempt? More people drank the kool aid and decided to swarm MFP for more converts? :laugh:

Yes, I think that's exactly what's going on. :drinker:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a heck of a lot of citric acid, sugar, and potassium.
    I'm wondering how she's getting enough sodium to balance that potassium. Not good!
    maybe she sprinkles salt on the bananas?
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Excess protein and fat make you fat not carbs. What exactly did you eat that made you fat?
    Excess calories make you fat. Doesn't matter where they come from.

It's the excess calories that caused my weight gain.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If I ever tried to eat 15 bananas at once I would probably have to lock myself in the bathroom for the rest of the day. My tummy hurts just thinking about it!

ETA: I have easily eaten over 2000 calories in fresh fruits and veggies. Think avocado, squash, carrots, corn, black beans. It's not THAT hard.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    For the record....................Steve Jobs was a Fruitarian and look where he is..................6 feet under.

And Ashton Kutcher got sick after following that way of eating to play Steve Jobs in a biopic film...........

No Thank you.

Did you know an all-fruit diet can lead to brittle hair, low blood pressure, even pancreatitis?

My high fat, moderate protein, variable carb way of eating does wonders for my hair, skin and nails............

I don't want low blood pressure, I prefer my blood pressure to be normal.

And no one ever wants pancreatitis. It is very painful.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I eat moderate carbs, moderate fat, moderate protein. My split is about 35/30/35% . Give or take.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Correlation. When I was her age, I was exercising 4 hours/day and eating several thousand calories each for lunch and dinner. And I had a 28" waist. It's not the bananas, though I'm sure her banana-eating videos get a lot of attention.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sounds horrible. I would be miserable. I have no doubt that it probably works for those who enjoy eating high carb raw vegan, but I am an omnivore so I will pass.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    This makes sense.
    Excess calories make you fat. Doesn't matter where they come from.

This
    and this
    I read your last incoherent reply. You wouldn't know what logic was if it hit you in the barbell.

Sound like the ranting of someone dropped on their head as an infant. Incoherent indeed! lol
  • mveach0822
    mveach0822 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In one of her videos, she also said she no longer has periods because of this way of eating. She claims that is not a problem.

Also, she only eats a handful of nuts and a couple of avocados for her fats PER WEEK. I will pass. How is this healthy?
  • ApathyTAT
    Options
    I don't know whats more absurd
    - Claiming this way of eating is natural when modern bananas are highly modified to be edible
    - Claiming extreme exclusion of food groups is healthy & eating a few foods only can be sufficient.

So its either this woman is a genuine nutter who somehow survives off this diet, Or is a scumbag piece of filth promoting this way of eating to earn money off YT.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    For the record....................Steve Jobs was a Fruitarian and look where he is..................6 feet under.

And Ashton Kutcher got sick after following that way of eating to play Steve Jobs in a biopic film...........

No Thank you.
    Suddenly cold turkey switching diet has the potential to mess your system up no matter WHICH one you switch to or from- sudden changes upset the system. He could have picked any diet and had a similar reaction.

As far as Steve Jobs? everyone dies of something- at some point- I'm highly skeptical that this ridiculous diet did him in that drastically. Although he probably would have looked a lot better with some solid proteins/fats in his diet- I think saying "well so and so was on it and he died" is a ridiculous straw man argument.

No matter how much I agree that the diet is rubbish.
    In one of her videos, she also said she no longer has periods because of this way of eating. She claims that is not a problem.
    no period- no problem. Unless it's from a baby. Seriously- I'd love to give up my period- please lord take it away- I do not need it- it's not a requirement to live my life. Skipping periods is a god send. Seriously.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    no period- no problem. Unless it's from a baby. Seriously- I'd love to give up my period- please lord take it away- I do not need it- it's not a requirement to live my life. Skipping periods is a god send. Seriously.

I don't have periods but it's not from what i eat.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    She must be on the toilet all the time, could you imagine!! No thanks.