Coffee Drinkers

Options
Hey guys--
I absolutely love coffee and have NO intentions of quitting. But, I am one who loves creamer in their coffee, and flavored at that. However, it is such a kick in the pants by how many calories I WASTE on creamer alone. I need advice. What do you put in your coffee to replace it? I've tried just sugar and BLECK.

Replies

• KaraAnneMcD
    KaraAnneMcD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do like my coffee black, but sometimes I use skim milk for a change. Or I add cinnamon or vanilla to my grounds to give it a different flavor.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much creamer you're using but I typically just used a bit of heavy cream, less sugar at least.

I've also used coconut oil, again it's still a lot of calories (good fats), but less sugar.

Skim milk is a good option.

Otherwise you'd just have to use that fake creamer stuff w/ no calories.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do like my coffee black, but sometimes I use skim milk for a change. Or I add cinnamon or vanilla to my grounds to give it a different flavor.

That sounds amazing!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yuck.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yuck.

That's helpful!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I use Natural Bliss. It's 35 calories a tablespoon but it fits in my day and I'm not a fan of black coffee.
  • suzannep2008
    Options
    Hi. I love coffee also. I use fat free creamer or skim milk . I can sacrafice a lot of things, however coffee is not one of them.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I refer to cream and sugar as...

Coffee Ruiner #1

Coffee Ruiner #2
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamer and measure it to 2T for 30 calories. I use no more than that. On occaision I'll use regular and again measure 2T for 70 calories. I know not everyone loves the artifical sweetener, though, but that's what I do.I've also add hot chocolate powder to coffee before, after mixing it with almond milk. That's pretty good, but again it's processed, and I usually use the diet version which is more chemically. I also drink it black on occasion, when I'm really trying to be strict with my calories for whatever reason.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I use just skim milk :) no sugar. It took me a while, but I've grown to enjoy the taste very much :D
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I also agree, I usually drink mine black, but, if not I add skim milk. I have also tried cinnamon before and I like that because of the calorie side of things.
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think I am psychologically addicted to my morning coffee.

I have cut way back on creamer, only use two creamers and use Splenda.

My wife bought me a Keurig, so I get flavored coffee with no extra calories.

I log my morning cup at 20 calories, so on my plan, not too bad.

Now, giving up wine... Just do an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 teapoon for sugar, with a splash of cream, and oddly enough - coconut oil.
  • jpomroy34
    Options
    I usually use skim milk and sweetner....I did find the fat free creamer that you can use and then you don't need the sweetner.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Coconut milk. 45 calories per cup, so if you use 1/8th of a cup in your coffee (I drink huge travelers sized mugs), it is only about 6 calories.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I use half and half. I measure it every time so I know exactly how many calories I'm getting. :drinker:

ETA: The sugar free creamers are not bad. I like the mocha peppermint but it is only a seasonal flavor. :cry:
  • sarahb0787
    Options
    Seriously addicted to coffee (originally from Seattle). I don't like sugar in my coffee, but I've started gradually reduce the amount of creamer. I use the fat free liquid coffeemate. It has 10cals/tablespoon. Started out using 6 tablespoons, now I use 2 and sometimes 1. I find measuring is key since it's so easy to over pour.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yuck.

That's helpful!
    What he's trying to say is: Drink it black, stop ruining it.

But then, if it's Seattle's Best, you kinda need to add something to it to hide the horrid taste.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I slowly weaned myself. I was putting two heaping spoonfuls of sugar and dry non-dairy creamer in my travel mug every morning and over the course of a few months, I'm down to one teaspoon of each. When I make a half pot of coffee, I substitute one scoop of my regular coffee for french vanilla, when I make a full pot I substitute two scoops. The added flavor to the coffee makes it easier to drink with less cream & sugar added.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Stevia and half n half.