Sweetie, Honey, Sugarplum, SNOOKUMS???

jbutterflye
jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
Do you like terms of endearment or do they annnoy you? I admit, I tend to use terms of endearment with my friends and loved ones. They just roll off my tongue. Or maybe the sugar coating is a sign of toxicity?? :huh:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I don't really like those specific names, but 'baby' isn't that bad. I hate 'sweetie'.
  • ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    I dislike it a lot when people that don't know me use words like that... It's like they are talking down to me, or forgot my name.

My girlfriend and I call each other babe... or baby.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    i love them, not so much snookums, but baby, doll, dear, love, lovely, darling, munchkin, sugar, sweetie, sweetheart, sweetie pie, honey, lemon pop, baby doll, etc...

love being called, and calling :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I dislike it a lot when people that don't know me use words like that... It's like they are talking down to me, or forgot my name.

My girlfriend and I call each other babe... or baby.
    ^ this unless there is an instant sexual attraction in which case fire away.
  • I love it when someone calles me 'babes'...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I don't mind it between my wife and I. We do it quite sparingly, really.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    My boyfriend just calls me 'sweetheart'. Besides Mandy, that is the only name he uses for me.
  • jbutterflye
    I don't actually use sugarplum or snookums. LOL! I use mostly baby, honey, dear, sweetie. I'm not talking down to that person at all when I do it. It's genuinely a sign of caring from me. But it's good to know when they don't like it. I tend to be pretty affectionate too. I like hugs, unless they don't like it of course. In a romantic relationship I need to be with someone who likes affection, touching, hugging, hand holding, etc. Not constantly or anything, but regularly.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    My husband and I almost never use our first names with each other....unless we need the other person's attention ASAP.

In fact, when our daughter was 4, and asked what her mommy's real name was by a daycare leader, she replied "Honey".

I use one of these when chatting with my husband: Babe, Honey, Love.

I reserve Baby, Sweetie/Sweetheart for the kidlets.

My BFF and I refer to each other as Hun.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    I don't mind it between my wife and I. We do it quite sparingly, really.

That's how it is in our house.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    I prefer "HO", "B!TCH", "SKANK"...but that's just my personal preference.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    I really dont care. If a person wants to call me any those pet/baby names go for it. Hell I have a bad habit of saying hun or honey to every one out of habit.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    the hubs and i say babe or baby. thats about as far as we go.

hun, honey, honeybunch, sweetie, schnookums, poopsie, etc. are sickening :\
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    I really dont care. If a person wants to call me any those pet/baby names go for it. Hell I have a bad habit of saying hun or honey to every one out of habit.

Hey Andy, even "Sugarplum"? That's pretty iggy isn't it?
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member

Hey Andy, even "Sugarplum"? That's pretty iggy isn't it?
    lol even sugarplum, and stupid qu but what does iggy mean?
  • Naomi81378
    Naomi81378 Posts: 681 Member
    being called Baby is cute .But only from your man. Shouldnt be calling everyone that and sweetie is cute for anyone. :)
  • jbutterflye

I reserve those for the bedroom.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I like most, depends on the person saying them. My parents call me "honey" (Mom) and "sweetie" (Dad), and I don't mind the terms from a boyfriend. From a stranger or someone I'm not close to, meh.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    I have a guy friend he calls me sweetie hunny Dear babe or baby and wifey it does not brother me at all . But Sugerplum and Snookums no he never says that .
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member

I reserve those for the bedroom.
    Ditto.