Sweetie, Honey, Sugarplum, SNOOKUMS???

Replies

• brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    hmm.. my hubs does odd ones... like chicken, monkey, mighty morphin power midget, monkey chicken... occasionally maybe he'll call me honey
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    With "normal, everyday, real life" people...not my thing, I can handle a little of it, but it's often overused. However, if my waitress calls me honey or darlin or something like that, then the tip is increased.
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    I actually like 'em, as long as they're not stupid names. My ex called me "pecan pie" and I friggin hated it. I'm like, "What the ****?"
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    My boyfriend just calls me 'sweetheart'. Besides Mandy, that is the only name he uses for me.

That's cute. I like when guys use more old-fashioned terms like that. There's a certain charm about it.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    I will take anytime someone wants to be sweet to me.

I'm totally the same way. lol!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    I usually get hey *kitten* or listen stupid, awww true love :heart:
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    I use them a lot. Being from northern england "Love" and "Chicken" get used a lot.

But I really think it depends on how it's meant as to if its being condecending or not.

Big difference between calling someone Mate and Pal as well.....Mate is good, Pal is the start of a fight :)
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    My husband and i use "hun," "sweetheart," and punkin.'" every now and then a "schnookums" gets thrown in there when i am really trying to get away with something lol. He knows if he hears that then i'm probably up to no good.

don't like Babe or Baby.

if we are on the phone we tend to greet one another with "hey man" and "hey woman." lol. all in a nice tone though. :)

i tend to call friends "hun."
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    I used to like "sugar tits" but now my wife uses it on me all the time and it's embarrassing, specially in front of the guys!

I had a boyfriend who called me "Sweet Tits" I thought it was funny. But never in public.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    The hubs and I don't actually USE each others first names. Sweetie, hon, or baby in conversation, Dufus and Dork when we're just kidding around.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    My BF calls me babe, sugar, gorgeous, love. :blushing:
    I usually call him babe, love, or hon. I call him gorgeous when I want to irritate him. haha He hates that because he always uses that word for women. So he thinks its all girly and stuff. I call him cute, when he makes a smartass comment. Then he gets all irritated and I call him adorable. But that's only when I want to bug him. hahaha Then he acts all mad at me. And that lasts a whole 15 seconds..... :smooched:
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    The husband calls me "baby" at least 90% of the time. As have most men in my lifetime. Ironically, "baby" annoys me the most as it seems to be the generic go-to "lovey" name for many couples. Blech.
    I try and tell my husband that because no one ever calls me by my name that It's actually sweeter, more personal and endearing to me.:flowerforyou: He's not gotten the memo yet but, that's ok. I love the lug :smooched:

Sweetie makes my teeth itch and "darlin'" drawled out with the glinty eye makes me wanna take a bath. :noway:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    SUGARPLUM!

oh...i totally thought this was a"what would you call the person above you" thread.

never mind
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    I honestly hate being called by my actual name.. it makes me feel like Im in trouble. I much prefer nicknames or terms of endearment. Only my bosses and strangers are allowed to call me by my name lol.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Being a Southerner (born & raised in the South), i have been called almost all of these & really think it depends on the situation. If it is said in a condescending manner, i get ticked off quickly. When an old man calls me sweetie while staring at my boobs, that's just disgusting.

We have pet names in our family but they are limited to FAMILY - as in we don't use them outside of our close family. Hubby & i frequently call each other Honey, Dear, Sweetheart or Babe so when the other one says our actual 1st name, then we know that it's something important that needs our attention asap. i've never used Sugarplum or Snookums, but to each their own.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    SUGARPLUM!

oh...i totally thought this was a"what would you call the person above you" thread.

never mind

Haha, I was thinking that when I started this thread, that it would be a good "poster above you thread"!

*runs off to make a nickname thread for poster above*
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I loathe babe. I am not a pig, I don't herd sheep. I am not Babe.
    My closest friends& I call each other Darlin'. My husband calls me Cris or Wifey, I call him Loverboy or by his real name.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Just reading the title of this post made me cringe...babe is pretty much the only one I can handle.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    If I am eating out, and a waitress calls me Honey, Sweetie, or any other such name, she has just discounted her tip by half! I cannot stand when servers do that. As for at home, the occasional use of it is okay, but not as a replacement for someones name!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Well, I am a true southern woman and I do say 'Sweetie and Honey'. I was raised that way.

I don't say it as a put down, but as an endearment.

:flowerforyou: