Sweetie, Honey, Sugarplum, SNOOKUMS???

Replies

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    From a stranger....not a fan. From a friend ..... I like most!!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    I tend to call friends, male & female, darlin - doll - or babe without thinkin
    Sweets or sweetness too....I dunno why
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Sweetie is by far the worst! sick0021.gif
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    I really dont care. If a person wants to call me any those pet/baby names go for it. Hell I have a bad habit of saying hun or honey to every one out of habit.

Hey Andy, even "Sugarplum"? That's pretty iggy isn't it?
    lol even sugarplum, and stupid qu but what does iggy mean?

Well, "icky" sounded too immature, so I went with "iggy", but in retrospect, that's even worse, LOL
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    I prefer my name from most people. but in a dating situation I am good with Hon, but usually get "hey you. ummm what's your name again?"

with some long term friend there are terms of endearment, but not to be used with the general public.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    when people I don't know use terms of endearment, I find it creepy. Also, sweetie and darlin' make my skin crawl.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    don't really care.

My fiance has the habit of weird greetings like "What's up hoodrat?" or "what's up poccahontas?" so a "darling" or "babe" sprinkled in doesn't bother me.

We aren't "snookums" people. I don't think anybody is.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    I really dont care. If a person wants to call me any those pet/baby names go for it. Hell I have a bad habit of saying hun or honey to every one out of habit.

Hey Andy, even "Sugarplum"? That's pretty iggy isn't it?
    lol even sugarplum, and stupid qu but what does iggy mean?

Well, "icky" sounded too immature, so I went with "iggy", but in retrospect, that's even worse, LOL
    lol ahh ok and nope, if someone wants to call me that its ok, ya know as long they dont got to look me in the eyes the next morning
  • Lspike92
    Lspike92 Posts: 20
    I use them all the time! My boyfriend and I rarely call each other by our names. We use love, lovely, babydoll, darling, beautiful and handsome, along with a couple of more personal pet names. Even my close friends and I call each other by different names like boob, goober/goobs, and hun (:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    no
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    I used to like "sugar tits" but now my wife uses it on me all the time and it's embarrassing, specially in front of the guys!
  • I over use words like that too :) I give everything a cute nickname or seven, lol!
  • I used to like "sugar tits" but now my wife uses it on me all the time and it's embarrassing, specially in front of the guys!

lol! I can imagine!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    I used to like "sugar tits" but now my wife uses it on me all the time and it's embarrassing, specially in front of the guys!

but are they, ya know, sweet?
  • I say babe to my husband and he says hon to me. Just basic. I'm not a fan of sweetie either. Reminds me of something my grandma would call me :)
  • cmpollard01
    cmpollard01 Posts: 246
    my boyfriend has always called me baby...and i usually call him the same. i use honey a lot, but i've been told it comes out sounding like a Southern insult. knowing me, that's exactly what it sounds like. i only call him interesting names like "sugar dumpling" when i want his help with something-especially something he might not want to do :)
  • don't really care.

My fiance has the habit of weird greetings like "What's up hoodrat?" or "what's up poccahontas?" so a "darling" or "babe" sprinkled in doesn't bother me.

We aren't "snookums" people. I don't think anybody is.

I totally use snookums, haha but I'm wierd. I also go with Schnookums, the german spelling LOL!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    I will take anytime someone wants to be sweet to me.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    I hate being called pet names... unless its orginal and has meaning behind it... and then only a few special people are allowed to call me anything other than my name.
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 66 Member
    I use them, and I don't mind them either.
    I don't have a S/O, but for a guy that's a friend that I like, I say sugar or sugar dumpling lol