is it ok to eat around 500 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    No! Not unless your doctor says so, under medical supervision. That is all...
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Troll.... or stupid.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, didn't even get a freaking t-shirt.

I cannot recommend it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes it is ok.

500 calories per meal..

3 meals a day

and maybe a few snacks
  • pdfrazier08
    pdfrazier08 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy.....being on adipex and not eating will result in mood swings and a not so nice mommy! And of course just as the other posts indicate, it's very unhealthy!!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Are you trolling? Are you a newbie? Is this a serious question?

The answer is NO. If you are serious about this question, you might not like the answers you are given.
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    NO, NO, NO. The absolute minimum is 1200 (for women). :happy:
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    please please nooo i'm a mum of 4 young girls an know how hard it is!! you would have no energy to look after your 3 kids and make yourself very very sick :noway:
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    yes it is ok.

500 calories per meal..

3 meals a day

and maybe a few snacks

I see what you did there...... :wink:
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    The only time it would be okay to consume 500 calories only a day is if you are doing something like HCG injections that is allowing you to use/burn storage fat as calories.....If you are not buring storage fat as calories you are starving yourself! Your body will be in starvation mode and you will burn muscle and likely gain anything you lose back as soon as you stop doing what you are doing!
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    Once you come off adipex you will be starving...I promise. My mother went on adipex after she had my brother and just about eight months ago as well. She always does great on it but seriously I hope you understand adipex isn't a lifestyle you can not live on that stuff forever.... Here in Ohio you are only allowed to be on it for three months at a time with a six month break in between.

You didn't put on that weight quickly did you? It may seem like you did because that's what happened with me, it's like I blinked and I gained about 40 lbs. But losing weight so quickly will do some damage to your body. You won't be able to gain the proper muscles and like everyone else said you are going to get sick. I hope you up your calories...Just eat the recommended amount and work out at least 30-40 mins 3-4 days a week and you will see a change I promise.

It is going to be slow even if you are on adipex, that isn't a solution to the weight problem, it's like a jump start. Please read all of the responses and realize that eating only 500 calories isn't going to fix anything, that is how people ruin their metabolisms and are always yo-yo dieting. Don't do that to yourself. Eat the calories that you are supposed to, exercise, and have the patience!!! Losing weight takes time. Seriously, faster doesn't mean better.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I hope this is not a serious post...shaking head.

Exactly my first thought. Please do not eat only 500 calories a day. You need to eat AT LEAST your BMR. I assume you want to lose weight to be healthy, eating 500/cal a day is NOT healthy!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Be reasonable you would be able to do this like a week then you would starting more and then maybe even binge so it wouldnt even matter you would gain it all back and then some just be reasonable work out if you want to lose more weight dont hurt yourself!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    NO, NO, NO. The absolute minimum is 1200 (for women). :happy:

This is incorrect BTW.......

OP get your RMR tested, and not by some made up online calculator of one size fits all. Get a real one done by a doctor.

My RMR is 878, so eating 1200 cals is maintenance for me if Im active.

That being said its unlikely your RMR is 500 cals and if you start doing that your RMR will become 500 cals which you honestly dont want. Get your tested eat what it says or more and work out.
  • JohnMessmer
    JohnMessmer Posts: 536
    Options
    "Adipex-P may impair your thinking", straight off the side effects list; obviously they were serious.
  • lucky7wendy
    Options
    wow such negative comments.
    So here's the thing, I was once on the HCG diet and while the drops helped curb hunger I felt weak and dizzy by the end of the week (I could only do it for a week). I think if you are going to not do any activities (at all) you won't feel like that- but realistically you might be going to school, cleaning, working, etc. Just like a car may need gas and if it runs out it can't go, your body also needs fuel to go- with the exception that your body is continuously running.

Of all the people that did the HCG diet gained all the weight back- you've probably read that somewhere and thought "yeah right" but it is true- really! I have been struggling with weight issues for 8 years now and finally at age 28 I can say that I think I've finally figured this weightloss crap out. I consume about 1500 calories, and I do cardio (Zumba, Insanity, or TaeBo) until I can burn off enough calories to reach 1200- it has been working- I'm loosing about 1 to 2 pounds a week and I feel good and healthy. I finally realize that it takes time and energy- be patient and look at Pinterest for motivation, tips, and recipes ;)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a recovering anorexic. I mean you could play her ribs, anorexic. She told me that eating 300 calories or less a day is anorexic... And your goal is only 500 calories... Only 200 more soooooo yeah. Probably not the healthiest way to lose weight...

That is unless you are prepared for a lifetime of therapy and vitamins, even though the vitamins will never repair the damage done to your body... Just help to deteriorate it further....

Just so you know...

'Cause knowing is half the battle.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Here's what will happen if you continue eating so little.

1. mood swings and generally pissing everyone you know off by being a rage monster.
    2. Insomnia. It's really difficult to sleep when your body is starving.
    3. Diarrhea. Starvation wreaks havoc on your digestive track.
    4.. Hair loss. Your hair will start to fall out in clumps.

Likely you'll binge at some point, because the cravings become overwhelming. You may feel an overbearing guilt for "ruining" your diet. What happens next? Do you purge instead of accepting the slip up?

^^^ Do you see where I'm going with this? This is how eating disorders are made. Nasty stuff. Those are just the "for sure" effects. Likely you will experience other horrible things too. Sounds great, right?
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    NO. You'll miss out on loads of vitamins and minerals and will not have the energy to do anything
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    There is no reason to be so rude! I never once said I was doing this, i said it was an idea. I understand that I cannot take the adipex forever. I could also go all day without eating, but I'm not doing that. I am eating around 1200 calories a day and walking a mile on my treadmill. I figure the adipex will help with my hunger while I learn to eat less and exercise more. My plan is to do it the right way, diet and exercise and use the adipex to help me.
    What a shame I couldnt get 6 pages of responces when I joined the group and was looking for support.
This discussion has been closed.