worst way to breakup with someone

Options

Replies

• BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had an ex dump me via text the day after Christmas oh and this was less then a minute after i told him i had just been in a car accident.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    By finding out they where having a 6 month relationship with another MAN didnt help my now, very happily gone from my life, ex!
  • boomerz12
    boomerz12 Posts: 140
    Options
    Text messages and over Facebook of them saying they can't commit and don't want to be in a relationship then the next day they're with someone else.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    No, the worst way you can break up with someone is thru text, most impersonal, cowardly thing that a person can do. At least with a friend they had someone ALIVE telling you, you can't flip off your phone lol

Yes, my exwife did that to me, and no I will never agree this is an acceptable method.

My sister's ex was in the military and was out in the field for a training exercise. He texted her from the field and told her he wanted a divorce. What a tool.

Text is definitely not an acceptable way to break up with someone.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    is it socially acceptable to ask a person to bump uglies via text?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I just punch them in the face when I'm finished with them, but for some reason they always want to come back.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Had a guy who I was in love with start getting very distant, started spending a lot of time at a strip club then he told me he needed time to get his life together....translation he wanted to date a stripper who treated him like *kitten* rather than someone who loved him. He got his heart ripped out and stompped on and came crawling back to me. And the "I need to get my life together" was delivered by text.

while he was getting a lap dance I'm sure.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I never break up with anyone, I just keep them in the back yard by the roses.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Accepting their friend request.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    kids will be kids
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've broken up with several people. They just never knew we were dating in the first place so I suppose that softened the blow a bit, otherwise I'm sure they would have been devastated.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I remember once getting so mad at a girl I was dating that when I called her house (because she had just left my house in a fit of rage---stupid argument), her brother answered the phone and I told him to let her know that it's over......of course, I was 17 at the time.....LOL....I didn't care to wait to tell her off \m/
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I broke up with a guy by text. But only because everytime I attempted to have the discussion, he would somehow manipulate the conversation so that I would end up apologizing for something, and the break-up would never actually happen. Yeah, I'll admit that it was cowardly. But I must have tried breaking up with him face-to-face about 100 times.

Sadly, I still haven't been able to shake him completely loose.

I'm an idiot! :embarassed:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Forgetting to break up with them before you start screwing random people you met on the interwebz.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i have to print this off, you guys have some AWESOME ideas...
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    <<<<Being less than two weeks away from your due date with his child, and after an argument about not being treated with respect he tells you to leave at nine at night, takes your phone because it is in his name, then decides to lock you out. That was me last night.

oh. my. gracious!!!! Worst by far. Who puts out a pregnant wife with no phone?!?

A complete idiot.

I see flaming diapers of baby poop on his doorstep

:laugh: make it a stack full of poop diapers
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Posting it on facebook for all to see. I'd see that as cowardly if someone did that.
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i was getting ready waiting for my girlfriend to come over and i get a phone call from her number from another girl saying that she's with me and there's nothing you can do about it. i'm heart broken and a few hours later i get a call from my girlfriend saying that she was lying and she wants to be with me? i was like are you kidding me! take a long walk on a short pier!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Met a guy off a dating site at beginning of the summer (many yrs ago). The entire summer was pretty hot and heavy. He knew going into this that I was overweight (hovering around 200 at the time) and he was a small framed dude with little body fat. We took his sailboat out in the gulf several times, cooking dinner for each other, etc.... so this wasn't just a couple of casual dates.

At the end of the summer, he met me for dinner at a restaurant, and proceeded to break up with me right there at the table.

Explaining that he adored everything about me, EXCEPT MY WEIGHT, and could NOT get past it.

He then threw cash on the table to cover dinner, and handed me a book called "WHY FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT" as a parting gift. :noway:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have had some doozies as far as relationships are concerned, but not really any horrible break-ups. Well, I say that, but it seriously took me almost a month for my exhusband to realize I was *NOT* kidding when I told him to GTFO... literally it took him almost a month.. and that was just HIM... he had to come back later (3 friggin' times!) to get his crap!

I really don't think via text is all that bad.. I am a private person for the most part, at least via text I can deal with my emotions without having to worry about what anyone else sees / thinks / etc.