worst way to breakup with someone

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    man!!! the worst way someone can break up with someone is through a friend!!! seriously why cant they be mature and breakup face to face!!!
    When I was 16, a guy did that to me. I had no idea he had a problem and he had his best friend call me (the BF was there, too), tell me S wanted to break up and then he just hung up on me. Never happened since.

Nineteen years later, I'm actually friends with both of them and I still regularly remind the ex of it. Dumbass. lol
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Phone or text while you're at work. Had both happen to me.

Yes. My ex-husband told me he was leaving over the phone while I was on vacation. Another ex broke up with me over text while I was on vacation. My most recent ex broke up with me over text while I was at work. Spineless *kitten*, the lot of em.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    them breaking up with you and then singing

"we are never,ever,ever getting back together"

bahahahahaha win
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hmmph, my dear husband broke up with me through facebook! He didn't send me a message or anything, he just changed his relationship status to "single" which of course I got a notification on my phone that said "Joshua is no longer in a relatonship". I was like say whaaaa??? Then I messaged him askin what was goin' on and he beat around the bush til I said "If you don't want to be with me, just tell me!" To which he replied, "I just don't want to risk not gettin' the supervisin' job" we worked at the same hospital in two totally separate departments,and I don't even think our hospital system has any datin' regulations for employees. Anyway, he figured out he couldn't live with out me :wink:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    man!!! the worst way someone can break up with someone is through a friend!!! seriously why cant they be mature and breakup face to face!!!

Houdini

Bucking Bronco

At their family reunion

On the altar

- All worse
  • wendyhutchesonwasden
    wendyhutchesonwasden Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This one guy I dated for about three months called me at work and broke up with me. It was because I spent one weekend with my friends and not with him..:huh:
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    In high school, the school newspaper was selling candy cane grams, which is a Christmas card with a candy cane attached. My ex-boyfriend sent me a card that said:

To: Kelly W
    Terminated

I should add that I do not spell my name with a "y" so it went to the other Kelly W. She brought it to me, and said "Kelli, I think this is for you."
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    4 month relationship she told me she needed space just to realize i was replaced in a snap of a fingers it sucked
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In high school, the school newspaper was selling candy cane grams, which is a Christmas card with a candy cane attached. My ex-boyfriend sent me a card that said:

Terminated

I should add that I do not spell my name with a "y" so it went to the other Kelly W. She brought it to me, and said "Kelli, I think this is for you."

At least you got a consolation candy cane! :laugh:
  • danbi89
    danbi89 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've had a guy break up with me via facebook changing his status... that wasn't a nice way either XD
  • NicS69
    NicS69 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Terminated

WOW!!! :noway: That is so wrong!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I left a message on my ex bfs mums phone. He was a jerk
  • Pernimac
    Pernimac Posts: 15
    Options
    With family or close friends :-)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Shoot them in the face, stab them in the head and then slit their throats....if you don't get it then watch more HLN.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had someone break up with me by just starting ignoring me.
    Like seriously, no answering calls, wouldn't talk to me, walk the other way... If we did pass each other it was like I wasn't there.
    Like WTF? It was the only time I'd been dumped, too. Every other time I was the dumper.

I have no idea what it was all about. We're kinda facebook friends now, over 10 years later, but neither of us has mentioned it.

I've got serious unresolved issues over it, tho. No closure. Sucks.
    Looking back now, i should have asked wtf his problem was, but I was too unconfrontational.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No, the worst way you can break up with someone is thru text, most impersonal, cowardly thing that a person can do. At least with a friend they had someone ALIVE telling you, you can't flip off your phone lol

Yes, my exwife did that to me, and no I will never agree this is an acceptable method.

AGREED.
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    I had a guy tell everyone at his job that him and I broke up mutually. A few days later I went to go swimming (he was a lifeguard at a small water park) with my friend that was another lifeguard there and I said "Oh hey look there's my boyfriend I didn't know he was working today! I'll be right back I'm gonna go give him a hug." She grabbed me and was like "Uh you are still together?" of course I said yes so she then says "He told everyone you two broke up and he's been all over just about every girl working here..." my response "I guess he didn't tell everyone since I just found out." Ruined my favorite swimming spot and that day. Sad thing was I had thought I was in love with him.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No, the worst way you can break up with someone is thru text, most impersonal, cowardly thing that a person can do. At least with a friend they had someone ALIVE telling you, you can't flip off your phone lol

Yes, my exwife did that to me, and no I will never agree this is an acceptable method.

Agree 100%, had an ex do that to me. Only positive side about it is it showed me what kind of character he really had......none!!
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've broken up with several people. They just never knew we were dating in the first place so I suppose that softened the blow a bit, otherwise I'm sure they would have been devastated.

Ok, admit to this a few times as well........:laugh:
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Have your live-in, unemployed boyfriend wake you up in the early morning, kiss your forehead, and tell you he is going to "go make things better for us". You smile all sleepy, and say ok, and go back to sleep. Get up later and go to work. Come home, boyfriend is gone, his stuff is gone, all your rent money is gone too. He has apparently completely skipped town, because no one in your huge circle of friends knows where he is.

Never saw or heard from him since. I've even googled a few times, and nothing.