worst way to breakup with someone

Options

Replies

• LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When the State Marshall knocks on your door to deliver a restraining order. (to my ex, only way he got the message clearly)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    When I was much younger, I got involved with a latina girl. I am Indian. We dated for a bit and I dunno how but I ended up proposing to her and we got engaged (no ring or anything involved). WORST engagement ever.

Then, I realized that she's crazy and I just wanted sex. So I told her that my parents back home forcefully arranged married me and now I have a wife. She said something about her willing to be my second wife. My American wife. Again, the sex was really good...

So eventually when she crossed the hot/crazy graph into danger zone, I moved away, change number and everything. Never really broke up.

I would say that was one of my bad ones...
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    When I was much younger, I got involved with a latina girl. I am Indian. We dated for a bit and I dunno how but I ended up proposing to her and we got engaged (no ring or anything involved). WORST engagement ever.

Then, I realized that she's crazy and I just wanted sex. So I told her that my parents back home forcefully arranged married me and now I have a wife. She said something about her willing to be my second wife. My American wife. Again, the sex was really good...

So eventually when she crossed the hot/crazy graph into danger zone, I moved away, change number and everything. Never really broke up.

You do realize your second wife is still waiting for you to come home...
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Breakup via Post-it note is pretty bad. Or via singing telegram, although creative, is bad.

Or via Facebook relationship status change. Or via not telling the other person at all.

Just a few bad ways that came to mind.

I'm guilty of the FB status change.
    Things had been getting bad and then I got a picture message from a friend of my then boyfriend grinding on some other chic at the bar. I did the status change b/c I was livid and sent a single text telling him to have fun with his bar skank
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    After dating a guy for a few months we had a terrible date we didn't ever discuss breaking up but neither of us ever called the other again and we have never spoken since. That is probably the best way to break up - through mutual unspoken agreement. LOL! No, honestly, I really do think you should talk about it ... we just didn't have anything left to say in this case.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What about when they just don't give you an explanation at all? It's like WTH?? That's sooooo irritating! If I'm not into a guy, I at least just say I'm not feeling it and move on.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had a boyfriend who asked me to go to this ball with him. I get my hair done, nails, buy a beautiful formal dress. While slow dancing on the dance floor He breaks up with me. Never good to cry in satin. This is not the worst compared to some of you... But, it was the worst of my life.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    try not to recreate the circumstances of your first date.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Well, thats the loop hole I created as a justification to myself. I am never married and never will. So technically, my second fiance can't get married to me till I get married the first time.

I am going to hell or coming to life as a toilet brush in my next life...
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I once broke things off with a guy by email because on our 2nd date he was telling people in the restaurant that we were married and that kinda freaked me out.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hate it when her husband calls me and tells me it's over.
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A guy I was casually dating one night was all, "Oh you are my dream girl, I hate that I'm moving, I want you to be mine 100%." and then the next day, from then on out, I never heard from him again.

And no, he didn't die... sources say he is still up and kicking.

But why wouldn't you just say 'bye' at least... something?!?!
  • TheLuSir
    Options

Well, thats the loop hole I created as a justification to myself. I am never married and never will. So technically, my second fiance can't get married to me till I get married the first time.

I am going to hell or coming to life as an anal bead in my next life...

There fixed it for ya :D
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i don't know... i had a guy pull out an engagement ring at dinner and ask what i thought...

so that he could give it to the love of his life the next day.

he was actually surprised that i threw my drink in his face (yes, we had the "exclusive relationship" conversation 2 weeks prior)... :drinker:
  • caroldot
    Options
    I once broke things off with a guy by email because on our 2nd date he was telling people in the restaurant that we were married and that kinda freaked me out.

I recently had sort of same thing happen to me! After 2 dates, the guy went straight into couple mode. He would practically text me just to let me know he was going to the bathroom! He worked out of his house so if he had a mtg, he would tell me when he was leaving and when he would be back just in case I needed him. Just a little too clingy!!!!
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    A guy I was casually dating one night was all, "Oh you are my dream girl, I hate that I'm moving, I want you to be mine 100%." and then the next day, from then on out, I never heard from him again.

And no, he didn't die... sources say he is still up and kicking.

But why wouldn't you just say 'bye' at least... something?!?!

That's like saying "I'm not good at goodbyes" and then walking away. Seriously, guy?
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like to gently rub Nair on their eyebrows and sneak out in the middle of the night. Never to be seen or heard from again.:laugh:

LMAO I love the "gently" part. What, you can't rub Nair on somebody's eyebrows in a rough manner?! :laugh:
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my personal favorite...is he goes fishing for the weekend and never comes home. So me just sitting there with dinner on the table as normal and waiting for him to come home or call. He never called, or came home. Wouldn't answer phone calls, texts, nothing. I finally texted him after 2 weeks of silence and told him to get his crap out of my apartment my Saturday and to leave the key (this was a Wednesday night)...come home from work Thursday and all his stuff is gone and the key is on the table. No note, nothing...nada...

Lived together for almost a year...

and yeah, this has been in the past month...:noway:
  • caroldot
    Options
    Breakup via Post-it note is pretty bad. Or via singing telegram, although creative, is bad.

Or via Facebook relationship status change. Or via not telling the other person at all.

Just a few bad ways that came to mind.

My ex BF a few years ago was not on FB but I hated doing the relationship status change to "single" because I got the "OMG! I'm so sorry? What happened?" posts from people I hadn't actually spoken to in years. So from now on, I will never change my relationship status ever again! It's not that important anyway!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    In person. Man that's uncomfortable for me. Much easier just sending her a text.