NSV - Of Motorcycles, Cops and Weight Loss

Options
13»

Replies

• WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Funny! Getting pulled over usually does not have a happy ending!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    LOL, at the remark of "the pitbull ....", any ways great NSV! thanks for sharing
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Dang, i just love a happy ending, not all cops are, you know, cops, lol. Congratulations on your weight loss & cheers on your NSV!

Cheers:drinker:
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA! I love it! Fantastic NSV!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!

I'm a rider too, previously 450, now 202!!! I ride a Shadow 750 ACE (77,000 all-mine miles), and a Honda GoldWing (when riding 2-up with the wife.) :-)

Keep the shiny-side up, dude!

-BootJockey

I always grin when someone says "Keep the shiny side up" :) Never gets old. I've only been in one wreck--it was on a 600cc Honda F4. I got pushed to the shoulder and hit some gravel. Luckily, I'm a believer in leathers, full-face helmets, and carbon fiber sliders. I was mad, but uninjured. :)

(Here's a photo with the F4--and the look that inspired the "Pitbull-and-the-football" comment, no doubt. I need to find one of "fat me" on my cruiser and "get-out-of-a-ticket me" on my cruiser and do a side by side.)
    309_35528595574_4522_n.jpg

Way to go on your weight loss! 405 - 202?!?! Dang...I hope to have that kind of success. Since I've been tracking here, I'm down 27, but that's around 110+ for the total journey. 50+ to go and I'll start to feel like I've "made it".

Keep riding, bro! :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool NSV, congrats on the awesome loss!
    That's very cool! Acknowledgement like that isn't expected from a cop by a fellow rider like me. And no, my wife doesn't ride her own bike, she sits on the back where she belongs ;)

^^ Some of us just don't ride b*tch, lol! :tongue:

Haha. Nice. Nice bike. Nice Dog (Cane Corso? I can't tell... but I have a big ol' English Mastiff and I love her:)
  • IslandRider
    IslandRider Posts: 244
    Options
    That's very cool! Acknowledgement like that isn't expected from a cop by a fellow rider like me. And no, my wife doesn't ride her own bike, she sits on the back where she belongs ;)

Haha. Nice. Nice bike. Nice Dog (Cane Corso? I can't tell... but I have a big ol' English Mastiff and I love her:)

Very good, yes, Doc Holliday, biggest sweetheart ever.
  • tcasey4
    tcasey4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! Your transformation has been amazing! Now go get that bike street legal.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :smokin: :drinker:
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    That is excellent! I can't wait to ride my bike this summer, I know I definitely look better on it too!
  • sdleischner
    sdleischner Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    awesome story! and VTX...... NICE. My sister has a 1300 sexy bike! I have a V-star 1100, equally as sexy in my eyes! lol
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Pretty awesome dude
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    coolest NSV ever :)
    congrats!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Haha, that's cool! Good job, man!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love this one. I had a related one. I took my class sometime back and went down to the DPS office to take the written test and get it added to my license. The lady at the counter said I absolutely had to get a new picture because I had lost so much weight and definitely looked different.

I ride a 2012 Harley CVO Softail Convertible and my wife rides a 2006 Fat Boy. Yes, she has her own bike. Kind of cool, isn't it?

Keep the shiny side up.

Nice, man! Great work on the weight -loss. And duuuuuuuuuuuuude...I covet your bike! Haha:) Some day, some day...gotta keep paying for the kids. When they grow up and move out, dad is getting a Harley. :)

LOL I hear you. I traded in a Fat Bob for it. I miss that one sometimes, but this one is a lot nicer and that 110 scoots!! Definitely a fun ride. Keep up your own goals for the weight loss. I backtracked over the holidays, it was an insane couple of months and getting back to hitting it hard again and watching what I eat.

Keep working on the drills from your safety class and those turns get better. I can almost U-turn with the fork turned until it stops. It is all practice. Very tempted to take a class from these guys though. https://www.ridelikeapro.com/ to get even better skills. Every little bit improves our chances of accident avoidance.
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options

She still rides with me sometimes, but on longer trips it is more comfortable for her to just ride hers. Heck, she sometimes uses it to commute to work. :D
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    (Here's a photo with the F4--and the look that inspired the "Pitbull-and-the-football" comment, no doubt. I need to find one of "fat me" on my cruiser and "get-out-of-a-ticket me" on my cruiser and do a side by side.)
    309_35528595574_4522_n.jpg

Great NSV, great story, cool bike. I had a silver and black F4i for awhile, rode some track days on it. Miss that bike. Currently on a BMW R1200R

BMW R1200R
    Honda VFR800
    Honda CBR600 F4i
    Honda Superhawk VTR1000 (2)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!