What do you eat when you're starving but short on calories?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Title says it all. It's that time of the month and I'm starving all the time but trying so hard not to go over my goal. What kind of filling/low calories food do you eat when that happens?

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Depends on what time of day it is. If I have a meal coming up soon, I will just eat a little early. Otherwise, I just drink water or tea.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?

If you are truly hungry, eat. Going over for a day or two won't kill you. I ate 3,500 calories 2 days ago and didn't gain an ounce.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Veggies.
  • mblewis13
    mblewis13 Posts: 37
    Options
    I love the crunch of raw carrots. However, my favorite low cal snack is Boom Chicka Pop popcorn. 35 calories per cup. Delish!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Raw vegetables. I like carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc.

Also nori seaweed (the kind they wrap sushi in--you can buy it at an Asian grocery or at natural food stores). Even the unseasoned kind has lots of flavor, and it will take the edge off any savory cravings you have.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg whites! They are filling and are short on calories and green tea or black coffee :)
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Celery and light cheese wedges (Laughing Cow or store brand, 25 cals each), plus a big glass of water
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Higher protein ones. But always ones that I like, not what I 'should' have.

Hard boiled eggs, lean meat, that sort of stuff.
  • Remycee
    Remycee Posts: 1
    Options
    0.2% cottage cheese, vegetable mix or I drink a large cup of tea with some milk and sweeteners. Also having some natural low fat yoghurt with some honrey keeps my hungr away :)
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    energy/granola bar, protein shake, baked chicken breast, a big salad or big bowl of veggies
  • pohlcm08
    pohlcm08 Posts: 61
    Options
    A slice of turkey and sargento ultra thin slice of cheddar rolled up, or an apple with a little peanut butter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • leeanneo07
    leeanneo07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Something high in protein and low calorie... lean turkey breast, boiled egg whites, cheese.

This is one of my favorites - http://www.desktopcookbook.com/recipe/135184/Cucumber-Sub-Sandwich!.htm

Drink lots of water!
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Carrots or cold meats.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Title says it all. It's that time of the month and I'm starving all the time but trying so hard not to go over my goal. What kind of filling/low calories food do you eat when that happens?

Eat more protein at those times of the month, it will be more filling.
  • ECatherineS
    Options
    I try to reach for veggies. chop up a couple stalks of celery and mix it in with something (salsa, fat free ranch, or a tbsp of peanut butter etc.) Or chop up a tomato with salt, pepper and a little bit of parmesan cheese.
    Fat free cottage cheese is also a life saver.
    Following it with a huge glass of water also helps. =]
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Quick 1/2 hour jog or bike ride. Extra caiories eat about anything.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Veggies are a good grab also water makes you feel full
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I eat and go over my calories.
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a spoon!