What do you eat when you're starving but short on calories?

Options

Replies

• winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese (I'm guessing this has come up a few times?) and Wasa crackers and sparkling water. Protein, fiber and bubbly water. I feel instantly full.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    popcornopolis nearly naked popcorn - 4 cups = 130 cals and it's filling. Satisfies the need to crunch too, so you feel like you are ating a lot.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Salad loaded with veg; and I don't mean ice berg lettuce either. Nice greens, spinach, red, yellow and/or orange bell pepper, cucumber, kalamata olives, celery if you like, carrot, fresh vegetables are very "filling" and very low in calories.You can also add reduced fat feta cheese (only 50 calorie for an ounce), some salmon or tuna, 1 or 2 TBSP of ground flax seed or some pumpkin seeds or a few pistachios or other nuts (nuts are high in calories, so a few go a long way, but add a nice crunch and some protein), add a low cal dressing. I stick with balsamic vinaigrette or Ken's light Caesar (not creamy)
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello. Very filling, low on calories. (20 calories a cup)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    chicken breast
    tuna
    veggies

or i workout so i can eat more.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ice, chicken breast, broccoli, green beans in that order

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 year consecutive logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • timpleberry
    timpleberry Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I go form fruit, an apple or satsuma or pear, something to chew on, that tastes nice and helps to stimulate the system. :bigsmile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I eat and go over my calories.

^^ winner ^^
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly if you need a sweet treat :-)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    vita tops muffin tops - I love the chocolate chip ones. Only 100 calories but 9 grams of fiber so they are filling.

bowl of cereal - archer farms vanilla almond granola - yummy!

chobani greek yogurt - passion fruit and pineapple are my favorite flavors
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    tuna! so delicious. packaged in water, of course.
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    Sargento String Cheese for 80 calories and a pack of 100 calorie almonds from Aldi. 180 calories total, good mix of filling foods and I can make it from mid afternoon all the way to dinner time! :)
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

chobani greek yogurt - passion fruit and pineapple are my favorite flavors

Yes to the passion fruit Chobani! That stuff is awesome, and a favorite sanck for me. :)
  • ShelliePAwesome
    ShelliePAwesome Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lean meat or egg whites, but make sure to heat it up. For whatever reason if I eat warm foods I feel more satiated. I still want to eat after eating cold foods.
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Strawberry8626
    Strawberry8626 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up some cucumbers & onions and let them chill in a bowl of vinegar in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes. If that is too strong then dillute it a little by adding water. I like mines strong. Another favorite is chips and salsa. Salsa is low in calories so be careful on the chips you pick out.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk or a run then EAT ALL THE THINGS!!! :happy:
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Pickles!
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat and go over my calories.
    This
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I usually feel better after a little jolt of something that has a sharp bit of flavor.............some of my "go to" foods are : grated parmesan cheese-- 20 cals in 2 teasp.( I eat it right off the spoon, hold it in my mouth and just savor).....or jalapeno stuffed olives--you can find ones that are only 10 cals. an olive

Of course, it could just be the salt or the fat that I'm craving....................anyway......works for me......