dating older people?

Options

Replies

• AltaicaTigre
    AltaicaTigre Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I think age has more to do with what age bracket you are in than anything else. For example.
    Teenagers shouldn't be dating pre-teens.
    25-29 shouldn't be dating teenagers
    30-35 shouldn't be dating anyone under 21
    35-40 shouldn't be dating anyone under 30
    After 40 it seems to get less and less important how old you are vs you mate. but 10 years is a general guideline, but there are exceptions.

In my opinion

I was giving my opinion based on my experience, I dated a 34 year old when i was 18, I wouldn't do it again even though she was great because it didn't last. It obviously didn't last with your either or that would be your current bf as opposed to your ex.

Ah come on, when I was 19 my boyfriend was 35 and he was one of the best men I've ever dated and boys my age were just that, boys.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think age has more to do with what age bracket you are in than anything else. For example.
    After 40 it seems to get less and less important how old you are vs you mate. but 10 years is a general guideline, but there are exceptions.

In my opinion

I was giving my opinion based on my experience, I dated a 34 year old when i was 18, I wouldn't do it again even though she was great because it didn't last. It obviously didn't last with your either or that would be your current bf as opposed to your ex.

Ah come on, when I was 19 my boyfriend was 35 and he was one of the best men I've ever dated and boys my age were just that, boys.

Well it wasn't going to last was it, I was only 19 and I'm too clever to be one of those ejits who gets married at 20 or 21 and divorced by the time they're 29. I had a life to live and a world to travel and see. Your opinion is not valid anyway, that's my opinion.
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options

In my opinion

Well it wasn't going to last was it, I was only 19 and I'm too clever to be one of those ejits who gets married at 20 or 21 and divorced by the time they're 29. I had a life to live and a world to travel and see. Your opinion is not valid anyway, that's my opinion.

and you are obviously welcome to your own opinion, even when it's wrong. :)
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Good grief !!! Hopefully at my age I don't get accused of "Robbin the Rockin Chair"
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options

In my opinion

damn, I broke your rule and the half your age plus seven rule
    I like my rule better it goes like this
    he is legal+she is legal+ not related= ok
  • AltaicaTigre
    Options

In my opinion

damn, I broke your rule and the half your age plus seven rule
    I like my rule better it goes like this
    he is legal+she is legal+ not related= ok

The only reason I put my OPINION up here is because it was related to the topic. It's just that, an OPINION. I know full well that not everyone is going to agree, but last time I checked, putting your OPINION up here was what these forums were all about.

As for your rule, if a 40 year old guy was trying to get with my 18 (future reference) daughter, I'd beat the crap outta him.. Just sayin.

But whatever works for you, go for it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Two years isnt that bad. Ten years isnt that bad. 20 years is a bit unrealistic for serious dating, but some fun can be had. :drinker:
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost 9 years older than I am. SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE!
    Mine too!!! How did we ever manage dating somene that OLD and then marrying them!!!!!
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    A friend once told me that men should marry a girl half their age plus 7 years. Sooo you are actually dating a little young there.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    My first relationship I was 15, a sophomore in high school, and he was 18, a freshman in college. 3 1/2 yr age difference. Lasted 3 yrs.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Twenty years old? Do their wrinkles and saggy skin bother you?
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    A friend once told me that men should marry a girl half their age plus 7 years. Sooo you are actually dating a little young there.
    Would bang
  • justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are 8 years apart, but sometimes I'm older than him.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Lick.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    For the most part, love is love. Age is but a number. Most of the guys I've gone out with were older than me by at least 5 years.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If its true love, number don't matter.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My husband is 28 years older than me. Not sure 2 years counts as "older". ;)
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have always dated older men. I much prefer them.

The biggest age gap I ever dated was 27 years. My husband is 13 years older than me.

There is something about a older guy that just does it for me.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    2 years isn't much of a difference (when both legal... 1 legal 1 not bit of a different issue...) I don't think age could be blamed for any problems with just 2 years..

as long as you want the same things its fine... im 23 my ex was 31 ...it was great for 3 years... then he started talking mortgage and what not and I said EEK! im alright thanks and that was that...
    Have to remember girls age faster than boys so a couple of years and your probably at about the same mental age :P lol
    x
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I like older women. My preference is probably a bit bigger of a difference, but I always find the females find it odd after a while. It might be that they're just using me. Yep.

Younger females no offense have a different host of problems that I don't really relate to. I prefer real life adult problems... a girl I met over the summer maxed out 3 credit cards to buy an exotic cat that ran away (just an example of the type of personality). I rather be with someone older that could even be a single parent provided their maturity level and interests match mine.