30day shred.. She was out to kill me. o_O"

Options
So, I have had my first day of this work out and let me say.. It was not as easy as I thought it'd be AND I wanted to punch Jillian in the face. But I will not give up. I would love it if anyone has done it and has before and after pictures or even a story so I know for 100% I made the best choice.

Thanks, Diana. (:

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout. Pretty soon you'll be hearing Jillian in your head and she'll become your guru. :wink: But seriously, I love that dvd. I have several of hers. Helped me lose 25 lbs a couple years ago.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    LOVE Jillian's workouts! (Not a fan of her, lol)

I did the 30DS last month, and moved on to Ripped in 30 this month. It's a killer! Just keep on trucking, and work through the soreness you're going to have for the next few days. I promise, it gets better once you get up and move!

I did Week 2 of RI30 then L1 of the 30DS today, I think I might continue that this week. I was pouring the sweat when I was done!
  • VSeed2008
    VSeed2008 Posts: 22
    Options
    Loved 30 day shred! Did that for the month of February and now I'm onto ripped in 30! Absolutely love her workouts, I ordered a bunch more of her DVDs. So far I have lost 9 pounds in just over a month. So I would definitely push through :) Good luck!
  • carolep2407
    Options
    Just finished day 2 and I my abs and legs are soooo sore! I'm not a big fan of her either (that's putting it mildly) so I turn up the radio and mute the sound on the tv so I don't have to hear her annoying voice. :laugh: I did take pics before i started and took measurements. Excited to see the results in 28 days!!!
  • amour_shine
    Options
    Today was day two week one for me too! And, I have to admit that it was actually easier than yesterday! Im sore, but at least I know its working. And PS, I pour sweat too!
  • chickpeas1
    chickpeas1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for 10 days, start level 2 tomorrow. So far I haven't lost pounds BUT I feel SO much stronger, more agile and I have lost 4 and half inches from my waist, hips, neck and arms. It's worth the pain. Just imagine you are punching her when you do the boxing bit ;)
  • Tasteyummy13
    Options
    Hi. Im new to MFP. Jus started doing the 30 day shred also. I like it. Works everything in a small amount of time. Jillian is a monster!!!!
  • laurenxrussell
    laurenxrussell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear you. I am currently on my 3rd round of the Shred. You have a love hate relationship with Jill by the end of it. But I love this workout, it is amazing to see the difference in your body and how toned you get.

Keep it up, you'll be great!!
  • ladylumps12
    ladylumps12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS for a day......then again for another day....then I told Jillian to eff off! But I am going to try it again and keep going til I complete it. Good luck to you
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is so much more fun, it's harder but I definitely enjoyed it more. I've recently moved from 30 DS to insanity and felt well prepared- I'm not fit by any means, but I'm able to keep up and do the exercises, which is definitely a tribute to The 30 DS!
  • aredimarker
    Options
    I just finished day three (Sunday was my usual rest day). Today is the first day I was able to sit down to go pee without wincing. haha
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    LOL I've done most of Jillian's workout programs. Is 30 DS the one where she says "I want you to feel like you're going to die!"?

You got this, it's tough but the results are great and it's so worth it. Keep up the good work!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I completed day five tonight. You know, I love Jillian because she acknowledges that I'm tired. =) I don't find her torturing me too badly at level 1.
  • rettigkl
    rettigkl Posts: 18
    Options
    Jillian is the best. No doubt. Have never tried 30DS, but I'm on RI30 right now. I have done the whole Body Revolution and 6W6P too. I love everything she does and have read some of her books. Jillian is on my computer background and my icon... (: she's definitely someone that motivates me and I can hear her in my head. "Keep going; dig deeper; you always have more to give; all you have to do is believe in yourself to achieve- it's that simple; this is easy for you..." all of the above. She just wants you to be your best because she knows everyone has potential. Good luck with the rest of the program! JILLIAN FTW. hah (:
  • bakerbecky4733
    bakerbecky4733 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 of 30DS this morning....i feel stronger and more agile each day....not in terrible pain but I did some other workouts last week so went through the pain then....I like it....will keep it up for 30 days~
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I love her and her workouts. She whips folks into shape!
  • BridgetBarger
    BridgetBarger Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just complete mt 8th day. I am little worried about moving to level 2 this week.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    LOL I've done most of Jillian's workout programs. Is 30 DS the one where she says "I want you to feel like you're going to die!"?

You got this, it's tough but the results are great and it's so worth it. Keep up the good work!

That's the one! Mission accomplished! Haha. It's a great workout though.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Haha.! thank you all for your comments and advice. I am way nervous to wake up in the mornin' and "feel the burn.!!" :/ I think the thing I hated her sayin' most is, "No rest.! don't stop.!" I wanted to faint.. i had sweat drippin' off my darn forehead.. crazy.!
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I completed my 5th day today, and it was cake, the first 2 days were tough but now it seems the workout is over before I know it. I always do the exercise the harder ways (except the pushups, I am terrible at them) After the third day, I got tired of listening to the videos, not because of Jillian's voice but just because of the same thing over and over again, instead I played some up beat music and it helps for sure. I have lost 5 pounds so far and I have a lot more energy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!