30day shred.. She was out to kill me. o_O"

Options

Replies

• Freemyskinny
    Options
    Do you guys do the 20min work out once a day..?? or can you do it twice a day.?
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I tried it and actually liked it but my knee just could not take it. After 5 days I could barely walk. Went to the dr. and was told it aggravated an old car accident injury.
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just did day one tonight. I thought I was going to die. LOL! Jillian's defiantly something else. I'm kind of looking foreword to doing it tomorrow! And most importantly the results in 30 days!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Question: I did day one on Saturday but my calves are sooo sore I can barely walk. How many days do u allow for rest when ur super sore??
  • little_black_dress
    little_black_dress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I mute Jillian & crank my own tunes!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Question: I did day one on Saturday but my calves are sooo sore I can barely walk. How many days do u allow for rest when ur super sore??
    First I finished the 30 day shred... tomorrow. I did it five days a week, the longest rest I took was 1 day off. However I broke up her work out with another DVD of hers called "Cardio Kickboxing" did that on wednesdays, and Saturdays were my day off. I posted before and after pics as well in this forum. :) I just had a baby and still lost inches and gained some ab definition.

I actually LIKE Jillian, she is an inspiration as a once very chubby girl who took control of her life at 13 by going to the gym. Yes, she can be mean, and a bit nasty... but she's a trainer. :) It's her job.
  • EatSleepJog
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow since P90X is too challenging for me (and very time consuming) currently. I hope I can get through with this. :smile:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow since P90X is too challenging for me (and very time consuming) currently. I hope I can get through with this. :smile:
    I was told to hold off on P90X and do some other cardio first because it was really difficult... and that Insanity is even more challenging. I've never tried it though.. This is a really good way to start out, I suggest increasing your cardio beyond Jillian's shred before doing p90x though. p90x is 60 minutes a day... Try for forty for a few weeks then move to sixty. THOUGH if you can get through the sixty right after Jillian go with it!
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The problem I had with P90X is that it was so long, that is why I like 30DS, I get a good workout and it is only 20 minutes. I hate when Jillian says "Only a few more" and then they continue to do about 15 more instead. LIES
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've just started this again it's a real killer!! Good luck!
  • mschleg
    mschleg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The problem I had with P90X is that it was so long, that is why I like 30DS, I get a good workout and it is only 20 minutes. I hate when Jillian says "Only a few more" and then they continue to do about 15 more instead. LIES

I've been doing the 30DS for about a week also and that line always irks me. Everytime I get to that part on the dvd I always want to yell at the tv "you liar!!"
  • stageragsgurl
    Options
    OMG! I love Jillian. She speaks to me. No nonsense, no excuses, and results if you work it. I lost 45lbs. working her revolution program before I even joined MFP and I don't follow the food plan. Lately, I've been struggling with things and I haven't been as committed to my workouts, however whenever I fall I go right back. I haven't even gotten to the last disk and I confess I'm always a little afraid that I can't do the next workout , but I'm always glad I did. She's tough it's true and not for the light at heart, but the results do come. I fudge around but I still see the changes in my body, so I think she works if you can handle her.
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of level one. Today will be day 7 L1 and today i am feeling sore, but it is a good sore. I will push through and complete day 7 L1 and soon be on my way to LEVEL 2! I also have the ripped in 30 which i may do after this DVD. I definitely say it worth it, tomorrow is my weigh in day but i am definitely feeling stronger and seeing some muscle definition in my biceps!! HOW EXCITING!! Feel free to add me for motivation and support :)
  • wannabeloser08
    Options

I've been doing the 30DS for about a week also and that line always irks me. Everytime I get to that part on the dvd I always want to yell at the tv "you liar!!"

Both of these!! Hahaha, i always get so mad when i hear her say that!! I know it's not true, a "few" more my *kitten* (which, i'm trying to loose, so i continue pushing...)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    So, I have had my first day of this work out and let me say.. It was not as easy as I thought it'd be AND I wanted to punch Jillian in the face. But I will not give up. I would love it if anyone has done it and has before and after pictures or even a story so I know for 100% I made the best choice.

Thanks, Diana. (:

I'd like to punch her too. She gives off the vibe of being someone who needs a punch in the face.
  • mandakins79
    Options
    I get as close to my tv as possible during the punches and pretend to hit her in the face. That's my favorite part of the whole dvd.
  • siljam
    siljam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day of 30 ds like 10 minutes ago!! Funny to see this thread just as i finished :) I thought it was hard and a big slap in the face.. I have been so lazy for the last couple of months and it really shows! Hoping that this program will help me get back on track :)
  • PaulaS1220
    PaulaS1220 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I told Jillian to shut up last two times I did the 30 DS. :laugh:
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So, I have had my first day of this work out and let me say.. It was not as easy as I thought it'd be AND I wanted to punch Jillian in the face. But I will not give up. I would love it if anyone has done it and has before and after pictures or even a story so I know for 100% I made the best choice.

Thanks, Diana. (:

She makes you feel like that, huh? Wanting to punch her out, but at the end you want to go back for more! lol It's a great workout though. Good luck! =)
  • PaulaS1220
    PaulaS1220 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I get as close to my tv as possible during the punches and pretend to hit her in the face. That's my favorite part of the whole dvd.

LOL! I will have to do that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!