Replies

• marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lol I agreeeee
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been rotating through Jillians 30DS and Ripped in 30 for the past year. The first time, I spent two weeks at each level...for the 30DS. Then I started rotating each week back through each level. After a couple months, my neighbor gave me Ripped in 30 and I spent 2 weeks at each level.....I keep re working through each level and then rotating to the next DVD, 5 days a week....it is not an option to not do it. As I got stronger, I added heavier weights to the workout.
    I don't do pictures...but I can tell you that with her workouts I developed muscles...muscles burn fat. Along with MFP and walking and Jillian....I am down almost 40lbs and I am 3 sizes smaller. I have muscle tone that even I can't believe. Jillian knows what works. I ignore everything else and only focus on whatever she tells me to do in those tapes WORKS, but you have to do them, stick with them and know once you stop, muscle tone goes away. It's not something just to start and then stop. I have kept with it and my results are just unbelievable...and I'm the most non athletic clumsy person there is. For the first time in my life, I don't dread summer and will actually be wearing sleeveless....Yes....because of Jillian.
    Good luck and persevere!
  • devonparks
    Options
    Do you guys do the 20min work out once a day..?? or can you do it twice a day.?

I've done it twice in a day before - I was on Level 2 in the morning, and then I did Level 1 in the afternoon with my track team. My quads were killing me every time I did it. Now if I workout twice a day I'll do 30DS in the morning and Insanity in the afternoon (preferably one that isn't going to attack my quads). Moving on the Level 3 tomorrow...
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS in February and have developed a love/ hate relationship with Jillian! But the results make it all worthwhile! I'm onto the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout this, then tackling Ripped in 30 in April. Hoping to do Body Revolution October-December. Just have to find something to do May through September! :smile:
  • siljam
    siljam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I log it into my exercise under circuit training. Several people have said that compared to their HRM that it's about equal the same amount of calories. I bought myself a HRM last night so I'm eager to compare what it says today after my workout.

Thanks! This makes much more sense than how I logged it :)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the30 day shread..... i feel so great afterwards.... and i like the punching part of level 1 because it makes me get out some anger.. i am still on level 1 though....

i actually think jillian loves me after i do the video haha i dont have the mindset that she hates me lol... i feel like she loves me and my body and wants me to be one sexy mama lol.. haha!! weird but true.. i think of it as if she didnt push me she doesnt care... lol.. anyways good luck with it!! im excited to see ur results...

i have noticed changes in my thighs and booty so far..
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I pretty sure Jillian is going to kill me!! I am on day 2 of Level 1 and I am sore!!
  • Cyncham
    Cyncham Posts: 39
    Options
    ^^ Day 2 was my hardest becuase I was so sore! Hang in there! Day 3 gets easier & you're not as sore.
  • carlayyy2308
    carlayyy2308 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Question: I did day one on Saturday but my calves are sooo sore I can barely walk. How many days do u allow for rest when ur super sore??

Best thing to do it exercise through it - worst thing you can do is rest - unless you feel injured? x
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout, I scream at JM during any of the abs workouts! I have followed Anita (the less intense workout) all the way through. I have not done the workout everyday, in fact sometimes missed 5 days but I have kept doing it whenever I could. I started in January. I took starting photos and measurements. I take measurements every 2 weeks and I am certainly shredding inches!
    I have lost 4.5" on my thigh, 5" on my hips and 1-2 inches in other places including my arm, under bust, waist, belly.

I cringe at the photos and swore no one would ever see them but now I am really proud of the results. Imagine if I did the workout everyday! Still a long way to go, I have 22lbs to lose. I am on level 3 of 30ds (level 2 was boring) I might move up the intensity to follow Natalie very soon.

collageJan-Mar2013_zps301fca36.jpg

i love this!! thanks for posting it really makes me feel positive about it... i have taken breaks aswell. but since i have my tattoo i have 2 wait until it heals... so ill be starting up again in 2 weeks or so :)
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    Are ANY of her workouts low impact? I have had a spinal fusion and 5 knee surgeries! My body has always been geared towards Pilates/yoga/walking.

PS - I will be 51 in 5 weeks
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 day 4 today, and I have to tell you - I'm not nearly as sore this morning as I have been the last few days. Interested to see how my body handles the actual workout, but I'm feeling confident. :)

The most annoying part of the whole video to me is right at the very beginning, when they're walking in, and she goes "Do you think you can handle it? We'll see." It's so darn FAKE. Yeah, we get it. You're pretending to be all buddy-buddy, like this is spontaneous and not a scripted video. But for gosh sake, spare me the chatter and just get started.

Also, does anyone else notice the "advanced" girl taking a break when the camera supposedly moves off her? Hahaha! I don't feel so bad when I see that.
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I've defintely noticed "Natally" taking breaks and easing out of proper form when Jillian and the cameras are not looking....It always makes me feel better about myself, I think if that extremely fit women needs a break then I am not doing so bad. This is my 3rd round of 30 DS Shred and although Jillian does get on my last nerve, at least I don't cuss at the TV anymore like I used to, it's progress!! LOL!!
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For those of you that are losing weight with the videos, what type of diet are you following? I did lose 4 lbs with the 30 DS, and several inches, but I had expected to lose more.

Are you eating just low calorie, or do you do low carb, high protein? I am open for any suggestions or advice that you all can give. My diary is open, but I know I went overboard on carbs today, so today is probably not the best example. I started Ripped in 30 last week, and am dedicated to seeing it through.i

I'm not really following a diet- other than between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I don't believe in "diets"... I eat whatever I want, but in major moderation!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't have a before pic....but my profile pic is my after pic. (I'm 53) I only lost a few pounds, but 2 inches from my waist and got rid of 'back fat', my arms have more definition...lots of improvement. It's so worth hanging in there. I'm now doing Ripped in 30. I'm on day 3 of level 2.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Just about to wrap up my second round of 30DS, my last day is tomorrow. Last time I lost a total of 11inches (probably more since I lost all of my original measurements), stick with it you'll be glad you did!:happy:
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    I started JM 30DS on Feb. 17th. I'm 45 years old, out of shape, and 30 lbs overweight. I posted these pictures this morning, and completed my 14th day. I'm on Level 2. Its a tough workout but do what you can and push yourself. What gets me through the workout is KNOWING that its only 25 minutes long. My endurance is improving with each workout. I haven't lost any weight on the scale but I have lost some inches, which is what I prefer anyway.
    ba30f6e6-a9c2-473e-8ed5-cef7d5d504de_zps55350b26.jpg
    8287d238-0987-441c-ad53-43e8fd8c0f8a_zps7b850606.jpg

AMAZE-FEST-USA!!!! Keep it up girl!:drinker:
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I failed miserably at day 1 yesterday after just 20mins of ripped in 30 I could not move anymore and panted on the sofa like a dog left in a hot car!

I will try again tonight after work, although will have been awake 20hours so will be a super challenge! hoping it will knock me out for a good sleep

Even though only did half of it my legs kill today so much I can't walk down steps!
  • LauraAmyPell
    Options
    I've just got the DVD!

What size weights do you guys recommend? I'm going to order them online. I was thinking 3lbs? I'm 5'4" and 160lbs and of average strength.
  • JemS_21
    JemS_21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    WAIT.. do any of you do the DVD 2 TIMES a day.?? god... i lost 1lb so far.

I don't think I could cope doing it twice a day! today is day 10 for me. i did level 1 for the last time, will start level 2 day one tomorrow morning!

I do the 30 DS every single day, and on most days also do an extra 20/25 mins on my step machine OR extra strength training (60 crunches, 60 push ups - modified [dodgy knee])
    i'll only do all 3 if i'm feeling extra brave, and sometimes only do the 30ds dvd depending on what time i get home from work (if im starving i can't cope with all three or even the extra..i'll faint lol)

But the workouts do get easier...the first 3 days i struggled but then u find yourself getting into it a lot easier...plus it';s more enjoyable when you just mute Jillian n stick your own tunes on!!

feel free to add me if you want some motivation or just need someone to tell u to keep going!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!