So, holy crap, it fits

Options
LittleSpy
LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
3.5 years ago I found the most amazing skirt in a thrift store. It's a size 14, which was 2 sizes too small for me then (and 4 sizes too small for me when I found MFP last September). I thought "Some day, maybe I'll finally lose enough weight to wear it." I promptly packed it away in a box for "some day" & proceeded to gain 40 pounds.

I was bigger than this last September:
102008.jpg

Today I pulled the skirt out of the same box in which it moved to the house I bought nearly 3 years ago, just to get a gauge of how much more I'll need to lose before it will fit. As it turns out, IT FITS PERFECTLY!!

I apologize in advance for my bare midriff. I thought about cropping it out, but then realized the fact that I'm willing to even post a picture of my bare midriff on a public forum speaks *volumes* about the progress (mental & physical) I've made thanks to MFP. :flowerforyou: I'm aware this may not be inspirational at all to someone who started their journey at a size that is smaller than I am now. And that's okay. Because I know how overwhelming it is to show up here with over 100 pounds to lose, so hopefully some of you will be able to relate to how (gulp) proud I am of this picture (did I just use the word "proud"?).

Julieskirtblur0414.jpg

So, the success story started out being about the skirt fitting. But ended up being about my confidence to post the picture. :laugh:

Oh, and yeah, I'm aware that shirt in no way coordinates with the skirt. :wink: I was to excited to care. :tongue:

Replies

• jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! You look fabulous!!
  • waymethb
    waymethb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is soo totally awesome! I have clothes in my closet that someday I hope I can also post a picture on here of me wearing them!! You are truly inspirational!!

Way to go! And keep up the good work! (by the way your midriff looks awesome!)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You look great! And the skirt looks really cute on you :smile: .... by the way, I think you're in need of some new progress photos!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Way to go!! You should be proud. That was inspiring to me as I still have my too small pants and can't wait to fit into them.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!!! Very Inspirational!!!
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOO! You're amazing! You inspire me! That's so awesome!!!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    We need a better of picture of you in that skirt! You look amazing! The skirt seems beautiful, so I wanna see it more clearly. :smile:

I had the same experience this morning trying on a pair of designer jeans that I bought thinking some day I'll fit in them. Well. I finally do! WOOHOO! Now I have to have them hemmed because they are about 10 inches too long for me! :smile:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    SMOKIN'!!!! You totally deserve that word "proud." I'm looking forward to a size 14 and those "someday" clothes.
    You're awesome! Congratulations!
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ummmm, hello! You look great! And you also totally inspire me! :)
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    You GO girl!!!!!! AWESOME JOB - you are an inspiration to anyone who needs or wants to lose weight!!!!!! You look wonderful and to be honest with you - I did not even notice that the shirt did not match the shirt, I was just amazed at how GREAT you looked.

Keep up the great work you are looking great!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • Fiskmama
    Fiskmama Posts: 15
    Options
    You look amazing! way to go!
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WOW! that great... you inspire me to keep moving forward! Thanks for sharing!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!! :drinker: You have every right to be proud and isn't it the greatest thing that you can now share a photo where in the past you didn't feel comfy. I think that is about the coolest thing about it!!!:noway:

Always great to keep some of the old clothes just to get the drop right offa the body feeling!:laugh:
  • charman1963
    Options
    you look awesome! keep up the good work. I know you will reach your goals.:smile:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You look great...well what we could see of you that is LOL. I agree with the other post that you should post some update photos.
    Be proud, you should be...you have worked hard! Congrats!

ps: the skirt is really cute!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    one word...WOW!!! Great job u look amazing!

Erin
  • biokim17
    biokim17 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look FANTASTIC!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    We need a better of picture of you in that skirt! You look amazing! The skirt seems beautiful, so I wanna see it more clearly. :smile:

About the picture quality...
    Let me just say there's nothing like a little blur to mask reality. :laugh: But, here's a more clear picture of part of the skirt :wink:
    012-1.jpg

edit: and those light discolorations are just thanks to a dirty mirror.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Look at that waist...you look great! Love the skirt too :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Dang you look great! Your stomach looks flat wahoo!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!