Snow!! Love it or hate it?

Options

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm from TEXAS, I can't stand it. We will shut the city down if it snows to much here. We don't know how to drive on that stuff.

When I was stationed in Ft. Bliss we had what would have been considered normal snow here and the Post Commander issued a general order canceling all training and barring all soldiers from leaving the barracks unless it is an emergency. We ended up playing video games and ordering pizza so everything turned out ok but off post there were a lot of traffic accidents. I see snow as a bunch of white flakes of doom. I want nothing to do with it. I accept that snow is needed for meteorological reasons but I do what I can to avoid it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love it if I don't have to go anywhere.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Love it as long as I don't have to drive in it! :smile:
  • dave_ham
    dave_ham Posts: 39
    Options
    SICK OF SNOW AND THIS COLD WEATHER. It keeps me from being able to go outside to enjoy the things i'd preferred; picnics, mountain biking, hiking, outdoor sports, music festivals, people watching while drinking a nice scotch and bikini season.

We're currently under a winter storm warning and snow is going to start at midnight tonight.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in South Louisiana and now live in Buffalo. If snow is the price I have to pay for it NOT being 95+ degrees AND 95%+ humidity, I'll gladly take it.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    What is this "snow" of which you speak? Your words seems strange to me.

Exactly! I live in PA and we have NO snow. None. A measly 7 inches total all winter which came in forms of dusting. So all of this talk of "major snow storms" makes me laugh. I love love love snow and am VERY disappointed in this winter!!!!!:mad: :explode: :grumble: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in South Louisiana and now live in Buffalo. If snow is the price I have to pay for it NOT being 95+ degrees AND 95%+ humidity, I'll gladly take it.

Hear hear!!! I can't stand humidity and extreme heat, I feel like I'm melting.
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have an absolute terror of being in a vehicle when there is any sign of it (after a triple flip car accident one winter and a serious ditch nose dive another), hate it when it is on top of ice so I can't walk without slipping. Love it when it means a snow day so I don't have to work. Hate being cold. Love it when it's falling and the world is a winter wonderland outside. I also love it that it kills off all the insects for a while. But I'd rather live in the North than in the South (mainly because of insects) so I'll go with the snow.
  • kristanb05
    Options
    I used to be ok with it for 3-4 months, but we have it for at least 6 and it was getting old. I just learned to ski this season and it's made it much more enjoyable. I'm actually a little misty thinking about it all melting away in a couple of months!
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    I hate snow.

I live in Canada and today was the first day in FOREVER that it was above freezing outside. It was 1 degree (C) and that felt great... for the whole 30 MINUTES IT LASTED!! :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    you don't live too far from me(:
    I HATE the snow. I just got home from a walk-it was so cold!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I like it for snowmobiling, and snow orientated sports, but I am tired of driving in it.. I am not looking forward to the next few days of snow, and having to drive to work.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the cold, period. We've lived in very mild climates for the past almost nine years, too, so that makes me even less tolerant of cold weather. I am looking for my coat when it gets below 50!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I don't know if I could live in a climate with NO snow (I live in Indiana so we get it all the time) but I'm an outdoors runner and I can't wait for it to be spring! Can't run in a foot of snow, you know!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hate it. S dash, dash, dash will mean for me this week clearing the TOP of my bus at 4:30am in the dark on Thurs morning and driving 40 kids at a time. It also means me shoveling since I'm the only capable shoveler in the family. I have to dig out a 15-ton vehicle. I despise the stuff so much I've made it a forbidden word on my bus! lol
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It usually depends...as the snow has pretty much made it so I can't get to the gym for close to a week and a half now...bordering on hating it..
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Every year I wreck a car in the snow. EVERY YEAR... I was 2 months shy of no accidents for a whole year and BAM we get a blizzard 3wks ago..
  • Moka_Lady
    Moka_Lady Posts: 22
    Options
    Love snow angels and snow ball fights... =)
  • jstaff14
    jstaff14 Posts: 34
    Options
    I don't know if I could live in a climate with NO snow (I live in Indiana so we get it all the time) but I'm an outdoors runner and I can't wait for it to be spring! Can't run in a foot of snow, you know!

You can with running snowshoes and Kahtoola Microspikes when the snow isn't too deep or it's icy.

I love the snow and cold. With the right gear, snow/ice/cold weather won't stop you from enjoying outdoor activities.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I love it! It was snowing here all morning too, so I took my chocolate lab, Hazel, for a 3 mile hike in the pine forest, tromping through the glorious snow, loving the peace and quiet, the smell of the trees, fresh air and getting outside for exercise instead of running on a treadmill. I loved every minute of it and so did my pup. On Friday, I'm heading to WI to play in even more snow. I'm snowww happy! :)
    ETA: My profile pic is one of the snowy trails I hiked on today.