30 day shred results

Options

Replies

• smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS in about 35 days and also did 45-60 minutes of cardio most days. Days 2 and 3 of level 1 were BY FAR the worst in terms of pain/stiffness/soreness but it quickly faded and I started seeing signs of increased strength and endurance. I used 3- and 5-lb dumbells depending on the exercise. I have issues with both knees so I modified some of the lunge moves (mostly just not going as deep into the lunge) and instead of the rockstar jumps in level 3 I spent that 60 seconds doing the torso twists from level 2. I weighed and took measurements on day 1, then again halfway through level 2, and finally at the end of level 3. (Also took "before" photos but haven't gotten around to doing the "after" shots yet.) I lost 9 pounds and just shy of 10 inches overall from start to finish, and the tone and definition that has emerged in my arms, shoulders and upper back is astonishing!! I have continued doing a session every day, just mixing up the levels and trying to work my way up to Natalie's (aka bad***) status, but I will start Jillian's Ripped in 30 next week after I return from a mini vacation.

Best of luck to all who undertake the 30DS challenge. It ain't easy but it SO works!!!!
  • hilary2005
    hilary2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i will admit i haven't been doing the shred every day but it is still working along with MFP . I often miss 5 days of 30ds but start back up again doing it every other day but still seeing great results. I started in January and have lost 13lbs so far and 4.5" on my thighs, 5" on my hips and more in other places too. Taking photos and measurements before starting the workout has really motivated me in later stages as I can see the results. On the photo below I think it shows most around my bum, my belly and the tops of my arm.

collageJan-Mar2013_zps301fca36.jpg
  • syren514
    syren514 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just did Ripped in 30 today (another JM DVD) -- having just started I couldn't make it through the whole workout. You've inspired me to keep going! :bigsmile:
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What weights did you use? I have to do some moves with 3lb dumbbells and some I use 5lbs dumbbells.

I used 3lbs (:
    Did you do the dvd everyday?

Yep! Every day!
  • Makoce
    Options
    Nicely done!!!!

What's next on your agenda? I am almost done with mine (7 days to go) and trying to figure out what to jump on next.... :)

I plan on doing Z-Cut Cardio Series next!!
    It's only $15.00 on Amazon and it's a 90 day program.
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You ladies look great, very inspiring!
    I just got ZCut in the mail and have done two days. My plan is to do the entire ZCut program and also throw in Shred on the days I feel I can. I love Jillian and Zuzka! Did you order your ZCut yet? It took them 10 business days to get it to me :(
  • Makoce
    Options
    You ladies look great, very inspiring!
    I just got ZCut in the mail and have done two days. My plan is to do the entire ZCut program and also throw in Shred on the days I feel I can. I love Jillian and Zuzka! Did you order your ZCut yet? It took them 10 business days to get it to me :(

Yes! Ive had it for awhile. I just did 30ds first (:

Im scared to do it ( zcut ) because I have shin splints.
    I think im gonna start it tomorrow.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    v5hnk9.jpg

Starting weight: 168

Current weight: 156

I remember you posting a lot about 30DS.. you did great! You also looked really good at 168 - I'm around that weight right now and it amazes me how different everyone's bodies look at different weights
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    well done, what a difference. Both of you ladies! It really tones down the midsection and takes inches off the body.
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    awesome results

I've completed 13 days.. I cant wait to finish the 30 days.. and see my 30 day results.

8287d238-0987-441c-ad53-43e8fd8c0f8a_zps7b850606.jpg

ba30f6e6-a9c2-473e-8ed5-cef7d5d504de_zps55350b26.jpg

Damn!! I think you just motivated me to start this tomorrow!!!
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! If you have a moment can u answer a question? Did u notice ur weight loss was constant or did u get a boost of it at any point? I am on day 5 of Level 2, and i have a huge increase in endurance and strength, feel a little tighter overall, but have not lost anything!! Getting annoyed.. I also do 45 minutes minimum cardio extra. Thanks for your time, and congrats again u look great!!

I'm exactly the same I'm on day 16 of the shred and have not lost anything weight wise but have lost 5 inches overall so far ;0)

Well done to OP great results!

Me too, have not lost any weight. I'm almost done level 3 and so far down 5.5". Learning to not pay attention to the scale, and really enjoying seeing definition in my body :)

OP: your results are amazing! Congrats!
  • BellaSpeer
    BellaSpeer Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I'm exactly the same I'm on day 16 of the shred and have not lost anything weight wise but have lost 5 inches overall so far ;0)

That drives me crazy, I've just experienced that (not on 30 day shred, but I start that tomorrow). After eating really healthy for 21 days, I lost 4 inches and 0 pounds. I was upset, but friends convinced me to stay at it...so I am. After all, I like looking at my waist being skinnier, no matter what the scale says. Thought I would LOVE the scale to read differently too. Keep at it!
  • Makoce
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    v5hnk9.jpg

Bumping this because these results are what this thread is about. Keep up the great work!
  • Makoce
    Options
    v5hnk9.jpg

Bumping this because these results are what this thread is about. Keep up the great work!

Thank you :)
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I have read this thread! I am on Day 5, Level 1 of the 30DS and I gained 0.4 pounds!!! I was getting so discouraged, but am glad to see that I am not the only one losing weight! I can't wait to do my "after" picture to see the results!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 18!! So excited to post results!! (if they are good lol, otherwise i will not be so excited)! I have been at it for about a month, but have been skipping weekends, and a few days due to sickness, but I have been trying to maintain a semi-decient diet so as to only aid my changes and therefore the extra time should not be a negative factor :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!!
  • AngieELS
    AngieELS Posts: 18
    Options
    Great job!
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    wow! you guys look great! congratulations! I'm about to start the 30 Day Shred, too, you guys just gave me extra motivation! (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!