POP TARTS: More evil than we first believed!!!

Options

Replies

• k_town78
    k_town78 Posts: 21
    Options
    Totally agree with the topic title...if by "evil", you actually mean, "awesome".

I caught my 11- and 8-year-olds singing Bohemian Rhapsody this morning before school and gave them a stern lecture about the appropriateness of song lyrics.*

(*Okay, that's a lie. I joined in and sang along with them.)

This is awesome, and when I say "awesome"...I mean AWESOME!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    The child was clearly bullying.

It doesn't surpirise me he got into trouble.

I'm just wondering what happened to the rest of the pop tart.
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I heard that story on the news yesterday and all I could do was shake my head. I can't believe some of the nonsense I hear these days about the people getting all up in arms about the craziest stuff.

On a side note, thanks to some of you guys, I'll be singing Bohemian Rhapsody in my head for the rest of the morning... possibly the rest of the day. :tongue:

THIS
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Wow, that makes 2 epic fails in a week!:::::::::

Poptarts and Fresh prince of bel-air are both dangerous to humanity!! ahahahah :laugh:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    The rules that schools have no are just plain ridiculous. They have really taken things too far. Here they have the "no sweets" rule but THEN have fundraisers at local fast food and ice cream shops. It's only ok if they are pimpin' your kids out to make a buck for the school. In my opinion we all must endure a little pain/sadness/sorrow in our lives to be able to appreciate the beauty of happiness, the way things are so delicately handled anymore will surely lead to an interesting future, indeed.

If be interesting you mean terrible, then i agree.
    My dad used to carry his squirrel rifle to school during hunting season, just in case "dinner" stuck it's head out on the way home.
    We carried actual rifles as props in the homecoming parade(they did make us remove the bolt. And put it in our pocket!)

When our boys were born, my wife didn't want them to have toy guns. I disagreed, but went along. Sure enough, one day in the yard, the two year old picked up a stick, pointed it at the dog, and yelled "bang". Now i'm pretty sure they own every model of Nerf gun manufactured.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The child was clearly bullying.

It doesn't surpirise me he got into trouble.

I'm just wondering what happened to the rest of the pop tart.
    Duh! Bagged for evidence to sit in a warehourse until the jury trial about 18 months from now! Derp!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    PopTart.jpg

Evil is right!

STAND BACK!! I SHALL SAVE YOU!! I can take it :bigsmile:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Was it a pop tart handgun? Or a pop tart AR15? Because AR15 pop tarts should be banned and suspension for having such a weapon should be enforced. Limit the making of them to 10 strawberries. Anything above that is dangerous.

You think there are actually strawberries in strawberry pop tarts? :huh: :laugh:

Shoosh! Either way the strawberry mystery filling is delicious.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Who is "we"?
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I wonder how long it will take them to lock this thread for being "off topic" or some other such nonsense. :laugh:
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    *face palm* OMG. That is so ridiculous.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    ROTFLMAO!!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    559786_590232837672604_2115915079_n.jpg

The *etter * is evi* as we**
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Who is "we"?

The generalized faceless Pop Tart hating masses.*

(*of which I am not one. The topic title was specifically written in a manner to invoke a response from both those who are for the Pop Tart, who would come to it's aid and defend it's very being, and to invoke a response from the masses who are against the sugary deliciousness of said pastry. That being said, "we" is used as a marketing ploy. Please forgive if you were offended.)
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank God someone finally has the sense to take away a loaded pop-tart from a small child. I can't believe the child in question wasn't expelled permanently. Kudos to the school for taking appropriate action though to my way of thinking, they didn't go far enough. I have some kelloges breakfast bars that could easily be shaped into a small sawed-off shotgun. What then? We better ban those as well. Pears, apples and oranges????? Does the word, "grenade" pop into anyones head? The sooner these kids realize that being a kid and having fun is just too dangerous, the better off we'll all be. Mark Twain said it best, put all kids in an oak barrel, seal it up and feed them through a hole in the side of the barrel....then when they turn 18, plug up the hole.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I saw this yesterday and just... :noway:

Is common sense dwindling everywhere? Or just here in the U.S.? This is why people think American's are stupido.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Is common sense dwindling everywhere? Or just here in the U.S.? This is why people think American's are stupido.
    "Common" sense? It should probably be renamed. It really isn't all that common anymore.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The rules that schools have no are just plain ridiculous. They have really taken things too far. Here they have the "no sweets" rule but THEN have fundraisers at local fast food and ice cream shops. It's only ok if they are pimpin' your kids out to make a buck for the school. In my opinion we all must endure a little pain/sadness/sorrow in our lives to be able to appreciate the beauty of happiness, the way things are so delicately handled anymore will surely lead to an interesting future, indeed.

If be interesting you mean terrible, then i agree.
    My dad used to carry his squirrel rifle to school during hunting season, just in case "dinner" stuck it's head out on the way home.
    We carried actual rifles as props in the homecoming parade(they did make us remove the bolt. And put it in our pocket!)

When our boys were born, my wife didn't want them to have toy guns. I disagreed, but went along. Sure enough, one day in the yard, the two year old picked up a stick, pointed it at the dog, and yelled "bang". Now i'm pretty sure they own every model of Nerf gun manufactured.

That reminds me of when I worked in daycare many years ago. They were not allowed to bring toy guns to school. If they "made" a gun out of tinker toys or legos we were to take them away. Then the kids started going "bang" with their fingers. I guess today we'd be expected to call the police. :noway:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I saw this yesterday and just... :noway:

Common sense is so rare it should be considered a super power...
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Was it a pop tart handgun? Or a pop tart AR15? Because AR15 pop tarts should be banned and suspension for having such a weapon should be enforced. Limit the making of them to 10 strawberries. Anything above that is dangerous.

You think there are actually strawberries in strawberry pop tarts? :huh: :laugh:

Shoosh! Either way the strawberry mystery filling is delicious.

But that strawberry goo could be really dangerous when fired out of a pop tart gun when it's fresh out of the toaster. I'm pretty sure it could cause 2nd degree burns.