POP TARTS: More evil than we first believed!!!

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering when we are going to start seeing the "TRUTH" commecials about guns. They've been running them for a few years now as a way to change societies view on Cigarettes...so next is guns right? That's the new hot button of society I think.

Lord, I pray to thee, force them to start showing "TRUTH" commecials about Stupid People.

Amen.

:laugh: Yes, because Stupid people are most undecidedly the worst thing that is happening to this country... and they multiply faster than rabbits.
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't fly where I live. Most of our mascots, including the university, middle and high schools portray guns. When you go on campus, everyone waves their thumb and forefinger to portray a gun because one of the catch phrases is "guns up".

They want to allow teachers to carry firearms (controversial) on campuses. No way a kid would ever get sent home for a pretend gun. Other stupid decisions abound though... :(
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The only problem that I see is that the poptart was strawberry and not brown sugar. Epic fail, kid.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't fly where I live. Most of our mascots, including the university, middle and high schools portray guns. When you go on campus, everyone waves their thumb and forefinger to portray a gun because one of the catch phrases is "guns up".

They want to allow teachers to carry firearms (controversial) on campuses. No way a kid would ever get sent home for a pretend gun. Other stupid decisions abound though... :(

You must live in the same area I do and came from. Good ole Texas... Where even "my florist has a gun".
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options

You must live in the same area I do and came from. Good ole Texas... Where even "my florist has a gun".

Yes indeed. West Texas at that.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How pissed would you be if you got a call from your kids school and they were in trouble for this :noway:
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Which will give rise to an old but updated greeting - "Is that a pop-tart in your pocket or are you just glad to see me."?
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Zero Tolerance = Zero Intelligence
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The only problem that I see is that the poptart was strawberry and not brown sugar. Epic fail, kid.

Clearly you haven't had the red velvet pop tarts...
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    ***sigh***
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Valid point.

And if it wasn't frosted, then that kid should be expelled permanently. No excuse for an unfrosted poptart.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    That's so NOT FAIR!! The strawberry Pop Tarts are my FAVE!! :bigsmile:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Clearly!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Valid point.

And if it wasn't frosted, then that kid should be expelled permanently. No excuse for an unfrosted poptart.

Unfrosted pop tarts are an abomination & should be removed from the shelves.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    The rules that schools have no are just plain ridiculous. They have really taken things too far. Here they have the "no sweets" rule but THEN have fundraisers at local fast food and ice cream shops. It's only ok if they are pimpin' your kids out to make a buck for the school. In my opinion we all must endure a little pain/sadness/sorrow in our lives to be able to appreciate the beauty of happiness, the way things are so delicately handled anymore will surely lead to an interesting future, indeed.

Yep, and our public school won't allow a peanut butter sandwich from home. But if you're kids lunch account is empty, they give them...a peanut butter sandwich.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Clearly!

I still can't find those! I did have a confetti cupcake Pop Tart and strawberry ice cream sandwich last week. That was pretty awesome. Sorry that was off topic. :bigsmile:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Valid point.

You, sir. I like you.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    50 years ago people were teaching their 7 year olds how to use hunting rifles and now all we're doing is teaching them how to be whiny, victimized, mini-adults. So sad.

I'm teaching my 10, 7, 6, and 2 year old to be responsible with weapons. My 10 year old has taken a gun safety class. He is also becoming proficient in archery before he's allowed to learn with guns.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    It's like I've been saying for years. Pop Tarts will kill you!
  • skin_andd_bones
    Options
    Well thank god they offer counseling, I would need it if that happened at my school!