What's for dinner Tonight my fellow fitness junkies??

Options
We are having Homemade salmon burgers(fresh salmon filet,1pouch of tuna, egg whites,minced,onion,garlic,flaxmeal,2tbspanko,salt and pepper,italian herbs,pulsed in blender, shaped into patties and baked) on flax and fiber sandwhich thins with baby spinach, iceburg, red onion, tomatoe, and avocado, I am also making Homemade garlic baked potatoe wedges, and fresh steamed Kale

- this is for me and my husband and our four small kids and they will LOVE it all!

-What are you guys eating after your long day/work out, what are you feeding yourself? your family?

PS. total Calories for this meal with be about 440 calories(small burger)!!! which for a 1700 goal,
(save 100 calories and ditch the bun all together and make it a lettuce wrap)
... after a long day of cleaning and a hour long intermediate yoga session and cardio yet to come later in the evening I am totally okay with this!!

Replies

• April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It was tilapia until I realized I walked out of the store without it...lol! Now...Salad????
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    @April- Salad is yummmmm I need to find a better go to dressing.

Just had to do a whole recipe calculation on MFP because 300 calories was NOT right soooo MY WHOLE MEAL including the potatoe wedges is 440 calories!! Now thats a delicious dinner to feel good about :) I get salmon , avocado, burger, and fried for that much and dont have to feel guilty ;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have no idea yet. It will be something super quick as we won't be getting home until about 7:00 - 7:30 and then I have a 45 min Turbo Fire workout before I start dinner. There is some leftover chicken, so I'll probably do something with that. Maybe a chicken broccoli pasta??

OP I'm curious why you put tuna in your salmon burgers. I've never seen a recipe that included it. Is that just because you prefer the taste of tuna?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    grilled salmon burgers (not homemade), wilted spinach, my "french fries"...(just some butter red potatoes sliced like fries with olive oil and then baked in the oven).
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    making stuffed peppers and maybe a small salad. need to use up some ground pork and pepers I have in frig.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    tacos :) haven't had them for a while and the kids love them. I made them fit in my day this morning so it's all good.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Taco's with ground turkey & salad
  • Keysted
    Keysted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Turkey, sweet potato and salad.
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    Making a small prime rib and will have a salad and asparagus with it :)
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    I have no idea yet. It will be something super quick as we won't be getting home until about 7:00 - 7:30 and then I have a 45 min Turbo Fire workout before I start dinner. There is some leftover chicken, so I'll probably do something with that. Maybe a chicken broccoli pasta??

OP I'm curious why you put tuna in your salmon burgers. I've never seen a recipe that included it. Is that just because you prefer the taste of tuna?

Since we are a family of six adding tuna to bulk it up is being budget friendly :) Instead of using extra panko or adding breadcrumbs or other unhealthy ingredients to make up for not wanting to use all my salmon on one recipe- I add tuna for more protein and fish texture/flavor and I am able to save some pennies and use 2 salmon filets rather than 4.
  • whackyjackie
    whackyjackie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tuna steaks topped with cajun spice and lemon cous cous and mixed salad with a mint and yogurt dressing and mushrooms and garlic cooked in a tiny drop of water, followed by meringues and low fat ice cream and strawberries and pineapples. Delicious!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    We are out of everything so we will hit the gym, the noodles & co and then the grocery store. I;ll prolly get the pad thai with shrimp
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    I had chicken, salad and cous cous. Was very nice :).
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    @whackyjacky-WOW your dinner sounds DELISH!!!! What a spread :) You sound like an amazing cook and your family is extremely luck to have you. Enjoy yor night and your merengues ;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Since we are a family of six adding tuna to bulk it up is being budget friendly :) Instead of using extra panko or adding breadcrumbs or other unhealthy ingredients to make up for not wanting to use all my salmon on one recipe- I add tuna for more protein and fish texture/flavor and I am able to save some pennies and use 2 salmon filets rather than 4.

Ah, gotcha! Good thinking.
  • carissawhitworth
    Options

Ah, gotcha! Good thinking.

Thank you :) As a stay at home mom to four kids 5 and under- I've got to be a good thinking, budget savy, diva :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Oil-less fried buffalo wings with stuffed mushrooms and salad and fresh pinapple if I am stil hungry afterwards. My son will probalby have roasted potatoes in lieu of mushrooms

Although i'm looking for a breadcrumb sub for my stuffed mushrooms.. i have ground flaxseed?? .. maybe I can make oat flour?

anyone have an idea?
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Subway roast chicken on whole wheat
  • carissawhitworth
    Options
    Oil-less fried buffalo wings with stuffed mushrooms and salad.

Although i'm looking for a breadcrumb sub for my stuffed mushrooms.. i have ground flaxseed?? .. maybe I can make oat flour?

anyone have an idea?

Honestly i would skip the stuffing or filling all together. Mushrooms are delicious rosted with olive oil and garlic and sea salt all by themselves. No need to fix something that aint broken ;)
  • hockeywife91
    hockeywife91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts and brussel sprouts :happy: