What's for dinner Tonight my fellow fitness junkies??

Options

Replies

• jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We are doing chicken burritos tonight...well the rest of the family is. I am having a chicken burrito bowl.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Leftover homemade cottage pie.

And then, since I've met my macros and micros for the day and I am still well below my calorie goal, I'm going to stuff my face with candy, alcohol and other things I enjoy. It's good to be me.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Making bruchetta chicken and a side of steamed broccoli. I use a lot less EVOO, but the recipe is below!

Balsamic Baked Bruschetta Chicken
    Serves: 4

Ingredients
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    ½ tsp of salt
    cup & 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    cup extra virgin olive oil
    8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
    4 roma tomatoes (seeded & diced)
    8 fresh basil leaves (stacked, rolled & thinly sliced into chiffonade)
    3 cloves garlic (minced)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 375F and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
    Combine ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Marinade the chicken in balsamic mixture for 15 minutes.
    Place chicken breasts in baking dish, pour half of the mixture over the meat, and season with salt and pepper.
    Bake at 375F until chicken is cooked through (about 30 minutes), occasionally spooning the balsamic mixture back over the chicken.
    During the last 2 minutes of baking, place 2 slices of cheese over the top of each chicken breast to melt.
    In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, a pinch of salt and remaining balsamic. Toss gently to combine.
    Place the chicken breasts on plates, top with tomato mixture and serve.
    Yum! sounds very good.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pioneer Woman meatloaf, garlic cheddar mashed potatoes, and a salad with creamy Italian dressing.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Liver, fava beans, and a nice chianti
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Textured Vegetable Protein before? Its ;looks like breadcrumbs and re-hydrates with whatever sauce/broth it cooks in so it works great in a stuffed mushroom, plus it add some protein!
    Never heard of it.. I'll have to look it up
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I made my slurryless gumbo yesterday and we will be warming that up for the cold night. It is basically gumbo that you cook down until the okra becomes the natural thickner instead of using a roux. I included turkey sausage and some chicken legs I skinned plus some fresh garlic onions and a tiny bit of celery. It's delicious and filling with much lower sodium,carbs, and fat than regular gumbo.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Salmon steaks with a panko bread crumb sprinkle, mashed cauliflower with roasted garlic and broccoli spears.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Skillet Gardeners Pie from the fatfreevegan blog recipes. I so can't wait!!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry sugar snap peas, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms and chicken breast with chopped onion and garlic. To be served on white quinoa. Ending the night with chocolate.

:flowerforyou:
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Liver, fava beans, and a nice chianti

Hello, Clarice....
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I'm making spaghetti with ground turkey and whole wheat noodles. :)
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken and whole grain rice wrap with ranch dressing. :)
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cobb salad and grilled cheese with a seltzer. Now it's time to go work out :-)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Peppercorn salmon filet with super foods quinoa and baby spinach. 310 calories and 28 grams of protein.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Ramen.

I'm broke till pay day :wink:
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    My fiance and I are having beef curry with a cup of jasmine rice each.
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut o:)
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Quinoa fried "rice" with chicken and veggies. Found the quinoa a little scary...my hubbie thought he lost a tooth to the grittiness!

I think I'll try it with brown rice next time!
  • mandi_spicer
    mandi_spicer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with vegan dressings, roasted asparagus, raw blueberries and pistachios. I'm a lazy cook. :D