McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    How do you unsubscribe from a thread? Now it's "poison." Next thread it will be radioactive too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If low quality processed food on occasion is apparently poisoning us, as I mentioned in another thread, the prison population should be keeling over with disease and malnutrition right now. Death row should be empty.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Silly people.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. If it fits your macros eat whatever you want to.

i hate that phrase. it makes people feel smart, but really they're getting skinny while poisoning themselves with crap.

you. can. be. skinny. and. unhealthy.

i wish I could make that my signature.

if you're macronutrients are the same it really doesn't matter what you eat. I can assure you Im not skinny or unhealthy just because I eat occasional bit of junk food. If I eat something I know isn't perfect I log it in and work the rest of the macros around it.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Guys,pretty sure she got the burger.

It's been two days.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Oh nooooo I could eat a big tasty now... Lol minus the bun... Yummy haha
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?

An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?

Because it is not an egg, ham or cheese. It is imitation weird chemical concoctions that make people unhealthy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).

An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?

Because it is not an egg, ham or cheese. It is imitation weird chemical concoctions that make people unhealthy.

False
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

No. They literally crack the egg when you order. The ham is whole sliced ham. The English muffin is just an English muffin. The cheese is basically Kraft singles.
  • taso42
    Options

No. They literally crack the egg when you order. The ham is whole sliced ham. The English muffin is just an English muffin. The cheese is basically Kraft singles.

How do you know that egg came from a chicken, and not, say, ALIENS? :indifferent:
  • jonnythan
    Options

How do you know that egg came from a chicken, and not, say, ALIENS? :indifferent:

The "egg" is really just a weird chemical concoction. Because crafting a fake egg would be a lot cheaper than using a real egg.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No no you guys, that's the next thread.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I get all of my eggs from my family farm where the chickens can scavenge and peck. I consider these the most "elite" chicken eggs available. Makes my breakfasts "elite".

Oh, sorry. Where is this egg thread?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. If it fits your macros eat whatever you want to.

i hate that phrase. it makes people feel smart, but really they're getting skinny while poisoning themselves with crap.

you. can. be. skinny. and. unhealthy.

i wish I could make that my signature.

Have you scheduled your blood test and physical yet, Coach? Mine is on April 2nd. Let's see just how poisoned and unhealthy I am following IIFYM, and how superior your health is to mine.

I'm ready brother
  • CoachReddy
    Options

hahahaha you really believe this?

also kraft singles =/= cheese
  • taso42
    Options

I get all of my eggs from my family farm where the chickens can scavenge and peck. I consider these the most "elite" chicken eggs available. Makes my breakfasts "elite".

Are your chickens paleo, or do they eat grain? Because if they eat grain, then that automatically makes you non-paleo (meaning, you fail at nutrition). So you might as well just drink tar if you're willing to eat eggs like that.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Which part do you not believe?

BTW, the ingredients before the "2% or less" part consists of Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate. Sounds like cheese to me.

For the muffin, before the 2% or less: Enriched Flour, Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil. Pretty much identical to Thomas English Muffins, except they use regular sugar for the 1 gram of sugar in the muffin.

For the ham: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite. This is a slice of whole meat. It's not processed.

The egg is literally just an egg. McDonald's cracks fresh eggs for the English muffins.

So what part do you not believe?
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

1337 eggs are the best!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

BTW, the ingredients before the "2% or less" part consists of Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate. Sounds like cheese to me.

For the muffin, before the 2% or less: Enriched Flour, Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil. Pretty much identical to Thomas English Muffins, except they use regular sugar for the 1 gram of sugar in the muffin.

For the ham: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite. This is a slice of whole meat. It's not processed.

The egg is literally just an egg. McDonald's cracks fresh eggs for the English muffins.

so... here's the thing. if that pork were unprocessed it wouldn't have sugar, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor, sodium diacetate and sodium nitrate. those things are present in the meat when the pig's butchered?

you might wanna do some research on processed vs unprocessed.
  • jonnythan
    Options

so... here's the thing. if that pork were unprocessed it wouldn't have sugar, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor, sodium diacetate and sodium nitrate. those things are present in the meat when the pig's butchered?

you might wanna do some research on processed vs unprocessed.

It's cured ham. It's whole meat that's brined in a salt and sugar solution with nitrates, then cooked, then sliced whole and served. That's what ham is. Those are all standard ingredients for cured ham. Salts, sugar, and nitrates.

I don't consider curing meat with salt and sugar to be "processing." If you do, that's a pretty strict definition. Even if you do consider it processed, it's still whole meat and it's not "some weird chemical concoction" or whatever that girl said. It's just whole cured ham.

So let's recap: an Egg McMuffin consists of one whole egg, a standard English muffin identical to the ones you get at the grocery, a slice of whole cured ham, and a slice of cheese.