McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?

An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?

Because it is not an egg, ham or cheese. It is imitation weird chemical concoctions that make people unhealthy.

No. They literally crack the egg when you order. The ham is whole sliced ham. The English muffin is just an English muffin. The cheese is basically Kraft singles.

hahahaha you really believe this?

also kraft singles =/= cheese

Which part do you not believe?

BTW, the ingredients before the "2% or less" part consists of Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate. Sounds like cheese to me.

For the muffin, before the 2% or less: Enriched Flour, Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil. Pretty much identical to Thomas English Muffins, except they use regular sugar for the 1 gram of sugar in the muffin.

For the ham: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite. This is a slice of whole meat. It's not processed.

The egg is literally just an egg. McDonald's cracks fresh eggs for the English muffins.

So what part do you not believe?

so... here's the thing. if that pork were unprocessed it wouldn't have sugar, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor, sodium diacetate and sodium nitrate. those things are present in the meat when the pig's butchered?

you might wanna do some research on processed vs unprocessed.

It's cured ham. It's whole meat that's brined in a salt and sugar solution with nitrates, then cooked, then sliced whole and served. That's what ham is. Those are all standard ingredients for cured ham. Salts, sugar, and nitrates.

I don't consider curing meat with salt and sugar to be "processing." If you do, that's a pretty strict definition. Even if you do consider it processed, it's still whole meat and it's not "some weird chemical concoction" or whatever that girl said. It's just whole cured ham.

So let's recap: an Egg McMuffin consists of one whole egg, a standard English muffin identical to the ones you get at the grocery, a slice of whole cured ham, and a slice of cheese.

those muffins - heavily processed
    the pork - heavily processed (look up nitrates, they're great for you)
    the cheese - heavily processed.

Even if the egg IS real, that's 1 out of 4

No **** the muffins and cheese are processed. No one said they weren't. So what? Oh no, bread is processed! Herp derp. All bread and cheese is processed.

The point is the McMuffin consists of a completely typical English muffin, a completely typical slice of cured ham, a completely typical whole egg, and a completely typical slice of cheese. None of it is some weird chemical concoction like the girl said. End of story.

and those typical ingredients consumed as a part of the typical american diet make us a nation of people who are typically sick and obese.

Bread, eggs, milk, and pork are the reason we're sick and obese. Got it. Thanks.

glad you're catching on.

Why eat bread, eggs, milk, or pork when you can just buy a jug of powder? I mean srsly.

find the powder in my diary. it's open.

You started logging December 31, and there it is. And it's there every day until January 10 when you stopped logging. Oh and there it is again on January 11.. and 12... and 14.... 15, 16, 17.... 24....

I stopped looking there.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Why eat bread, eggs, milk, or pork when you can just buy a jug of powder? I mean srsly.
    The overpriced jugs of powder he sells are not processed. It's natural powder harvested directly from trees.

lol haven't sold it for months. my views are evolving on that front.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?

An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?

Because it is not an egg, ham or cheese. It is imitation weird chemical concoctions that make people unhealthy.

No. They literally crack the egg when you order. The ham is whole sliced ham. The English muffin is just an English muffin. The cheese is basically Kraft singles.

hahahaha you really believe this?

also kraft singles =/= cheese

Which part do you not believe?

BTW, the ingredients before the "2% or less" part consists of Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate. Sounds like cheese to me.

For the muffin, before the 2% or less: Enriched Flour, Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil. Pretty much identical to Thomas English Muffins, except they use regular sugar for the 1 gram of sugar in the muffin.

For the ham: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite. This is a slice of whole meat. It's not processed.

The egg is literally just an egg. McDonald's cracks fresh eggs for the English muffins.

So what part do you not believe?

so... here's the thing. if that pork were unprocessed it wouldn't have sugar, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor, sodium diacetate and sodium nitrate. those things are present in the meat when the pig's butchered?

you might wanna do some research on processed vs unprocessed.

It's cured ham. It's whole meat that's brined in a salt and sugar solution with nitrates, then cooked, then sliced whole and served. That's what ham is. Those are all standard ingredients for cured ham. Salts, sugar, and nitrates.

I don't consider curing meat with salt and sugar to be "processing." If you do, that's a pretty strict definition. Even if you do consider it processed, it's still whole meat and it's not "some weird chemical concoction" or whatever that girl said. It's just whole cured ham.

So let's recap: an Egg McMuffin consists of one whole egg, a standard English muffin identical to the ones you get at the grocery, a slice of whole cured ham, and a slice of cheese.

those muffins - heavily processed
    the pork - heavily processed (look up nitrates, they're great for you)
    the cheese - heavily processed.

Even if the egg IS real, that's 1 out of 4

No **** the muffins and cheese are processed. No one said they weren't. So what? Oh no, bread is processed! Herp derp. All bread and cheese is processed.

The point is the McMuffin consists of a completely typical English muffin, a completely typical slice of cured ham, a completely typical whole egg, and a completely typical slice of cheese. None of it is some weird chemical concoction like the girl said. End of story.

and those typical ingredients consumed as a part of the typical american diet make us a nation of people who are typically sick and obese.

Bread, eggs, milk, and pork are the reason we're sick and obese. Got it. Thanks.

glad you're catching on.

You started logging December 31, and there it is. And it's there every day until January 10 when you stopped logging. Oh and there it is again on January 11.. and 12... and 14.... 15, 16, 17.... 24....

I stopped looking there.

ah. didn't expect you to go that far back. I kind of just meant recently. (i actually started logging about a year ago and stopped for a while, but that's not important)

whatevs man. I don't drink shakeology right now. i'm planning on adding a shake back into my routine but it'll be hemp or pea protein probably. nothing wrong with that.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

I stopped looking there.
    CookieJar.jpg
  • jonnythan
    Options
    ah. didn't expect you to go that far back. I kind of just meant recently. Since I haven't drunk it since the new year (i actually started logging about a year ago and stopped for a while, but that's not important)

:laugh:

Nice.

Not since the new year? You've had it almost every day in January. 25th, 27th, then you didn't log a lot of days in February it seems.

I dunno man. Like 25 times since late December isn't really "far back" and January 27 is fairly recent. You asked.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    ah. didn't expect you to go that far back. I kind of just meant recently. Since I haven't drunk it since the new year (i actually started logging about a year ago and stopped for a while, but that's not important)

Nice.

Not since the new year? You've had it almost every day in January. 25th, 27th, then you didn't log a lot of days in February it seems.

I dunno man. Like 25 times since late December isn't really "far back" and January 27 is fairly recent. You asked.

lol fair enough. i honestly just meant today and didn't think you'd waste the effort to look so far back. Yeah, I had extra shakeology lying around and figured I should drink it. In any case, we can talk about Shakeology's processing if you want. Since it still doesn't contain any of the crazy additives that all your lovely mcmuffin ingredients do. there's absolutely no comparison.

(also I ammended my post.)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Little statements like this are why the very mention of your username invokes people to laugh. You want to be a coach, be healthy, be elite, etc. That's really great. You can pull it off. But nonsense like this is where you lose any shred of credibility you've built up.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Little statements like this are why the very mention of your username invokes people to laugh. You want to be a coach, be healthy, be elite, etc. That's really great. You can pull it off. But nonsense like this is where you lose any shred of credibility you've built up.

only to people like you who want to continue eating crap.
  • taso42
    Options
    The overpriced jugs of powder he sells are not processed. It's natural powder harvested directly from trees.

I hope your views continue to evolve. Some of the nonsense you say reminds me of myself when I was first starting out with "fitness" and was arguably orthoexic. Reading your posts I can imagine how insufferably annoying I must have been to my friends and family. At least here on the internet we're all strangers. Nobody liked you in the first place.
  • taso42
    Options

I eat crap and I'm in excellent health. I must be a special snowflake then.

What is the date of your blood test? Are you stepping up to this? I will be calling you out when my results are in. When the results show that I'm healthy will you STFU with your orthoexic crusade?
  • jonnythan
    Options

Nice.

lol fair enough. i honestly just meant today and didn't think you'd waste the effort to look so far back. Yeah, I had extra shakeology lying around and figured I should drink it. In any case, we can talk about Shakeology's processing if you want. Since it still doesn't contain any of the crazy additives that all your lovely mcmuffin ingredients do. there's absolutely no comparison.

How do we define crazy? Soy lechitin, mixed tocophenols? Are those crazy? Caragenan gum? Magnesium oxide?

Actually looks like you had some cured ham yourself at Jimmy John's just last week, too. I wonder if they use nitrates in their cure.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I hope your views continue to evolve. Some of the nonsense you say reminds me of myself when I was first starting out with "fitness" and was arguably orthoexic. Reading your posts I can imagine how insufferably annoying I must have been to my friends and family. At least here on the internet we're all strangers. Nobody liked you in the first place.

haha y'all love that word orthorexic. you know it's just as made up as any of the fad diets people cling to right? it's just a word people on your side of the isle made up to demean the people on my side. but i'd rather be on the side that eats real food, because call me crazy - but if i'm wrong 50 years from now, I'm no worse off. If YOU'RE wrong, you're screwed.

logic then suggests you eat whole foods.
  • taso42
    Options
    weird because right now i'm eating uncured bacon that has no nitrates, and the only ingredients are pork belly, salt, sugar, and spices.

Sugar, bro? Seriously? You trying to give yourself diabeetus?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

What is the date of your blood test? Are you stepping up to this? I will be calling you out when my results are in. When the results show that I'm healthy will you STFU with your orthoexic crusade?

i had a blood test back in june of last year. i don't really need another physical... are you willing to accept those or do you need me to re-test?
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

righto.

because it isn't the food our nation is eating so much as the fact that we've gotten lazy. we're simply not moving any more.

also, I ate dinner from burger king tonight. I sure hope I wake up tomorrow.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Nice.

How do we define crazy? Soy lechitin, mixed tocophenols? Are those crazy? Caragenan gum? Magnesium oxide?

Actually looks like you had some cured ham yourself at Jimmy John's just last week, too. I wonder if they use nitrates in their cure.

not by choice. I was on a gig in philadelphia and the venue provided lunch. gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    wow this thread is still going lol..
  • CoachReddy
    Options

righto.

because it isn't the food our nation is eating so much as the fact that we've gotten lazy. we're simply not moving any more.

also, I ate dinner from burger king tonight. I sure hope I wake up tomorrow.

yep, once and a while ain't a big deal. :)
  • taso42
    Options

i had a blood test back in june of last year. i don't really need another physical... are you willing to accept those or do you need me to re-test?

I suppose they'll do.

Answer the second part. If the results show that I'm healthy will you STFU? Or will you continue to cling to the peculiar idea that you will be better off than me in 50 years?
  • taso42
    Options
    yep, once and a while ain't a big deal. :)

now we're back to once in a while is ok? again?