jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    also kraft singles =/= cheese

Okay, I'll sign this petition.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No no you guys, that's the next thread.

I get all of my eggs from my family farm where the chickens can scavenge and peck. I consider these the most "elite" chicken eggs available. Makes my breakfasts "elite".

Oh, sorry. Where is this egg thread?

Are your chickens paleo, or do they eat grain? Because if they eat grain, then that automatically makes you non-paleo (meaning, you fail at nutrition). So you might as well just drink tar if you're willing to eat eggs like that.

In addition to the bugs and grasses, they have access to...a grain supplement.

Dagnabbit.

*sigh*

Does anyone know of a high quality meal replacement powder I can have for breakfast instead since my eggs are nothing more than little gelatinous containers of poison?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I get all of my eggs from my family farm where the chickens can scavenge and peck. I consider these the most "elite" chicken eggs available. Makes my breakfasts "elite".

Are your chickens paleo, or do they eat grain? Because if they eat grain, then that automatically makes you non-paleo (meaning, you fail at nutrition). So you might as well just drink tar if you're willing to eat eggs like that.

In addition to the bugs and grasses, they have access to...a grain supplement.

Dagnabbit.

*sigh*

Does anyone know of a high quality meal replacement powder I can have for breakfast instead since my eggs are nothing more than little gelatinous containers of poison?

Not offhand, but I know someone in this very thread who many be able to help you!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?

An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?

Because it is not an egg, ham or cheese. It is imitation weird chemical concoctions that make people unhealthy.

No. They literally crack the egg when you order. The ham is whole sliced ham. The English muffin is just an English muffin. The cheese is basically Kraft singles.

hahahaha you really believe this?

Which part do you not believe?

BTW, the ingredients before the "2% or less" part consists of Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate. Sounds like cheese to me.

For the muffin, before the 2% or less: Enriched Flour, Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil. Pretty much identical to Thomas English Muffins, except they use regular sugar for the 1 gram of sugar in the muffin.

For the ham: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite. This is a slice of whole meat. It's not processed.

The egg is literally just an egg. McDonald's cracks fresh eggs for the English muffins.

So what part do you not believe?

so... here's the thing. if that pork were unprocessed it wouldn't have sugar, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor, sodium diacetate and sodium nitrate. those things are present in the meat when the pig's butchered?

you might wanna do some research on processed vs unprocessed.

It's cured ham. It's whole meat that's brined in a salt and sugar solution with nitrates, then cooked, then sliced whole and served. That's what ham is. Those are all standard ingredients for cured ham. Salts, sugar, and nitrates.

I don't consider curing meat with salt and sugar to be "processing." If you do, that's a pretty strict definition. Even if you do consider it processed, it's still whole meat and it's not "some weird chemical concoction" or whatever that girl said. It's just whole cured ham.

So let's recap: an Egg McMuffin consists of one whole egg, a standard English muffin identical to the ones you get at the grocery, a slice of whole cured ham, and a slice of cheese.

those muffins - heavily processed
    the pork - heavily processed (look up nitrates, they're great for you)
    the cheese - heavily processed.

Even if the egg IS real, that's 1 out of 4
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).

An Egg McMuffin is a single fresh egg, an English muffin, a piece of ham, and a slice of cheese. What on earth could be wrong with that?

Because it is not an egg, ham or cheese. It is imitation weird chemical concoctions that make people unhealthy.

No. They literally crack the egg when you order. The ham is whole sliced ham. The English muffin is just an English muffin. The cheese is basically Kraft singles.

BTW, the ingredients before the "2% or less" part consists of Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate. Sounds like cheese to me.

For the muffin, before the 2% or less: Enriched Flour, Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil. Pretty much identical to Thomas English Muffins, except they use regular sugar for the 1 gram of sugar in the muffin.

For the ham: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite. This is a slice of whole meat. It's not processed.

The egg is literally just an egg. McDonald's cracks fresh eggs for the English muffins.

so... here's the thing. if that pork were unprocessed it wouldn't have sugar, sodium lactate, sodium phosphate, natural flavor, sodium diacetate and sodium nitrate. those things are present in the meat when the pig's butchered?

It's cured ham. It's whole meat that's brined in a salt and sugar solution with nitrates, then cooked, then sliced whole and served. That's what ham is. Those are all standard ingredients for cured ham. Salts, sugar, and nitrates.

I don't consider curing meat with salt and sugar to be "processing." If you do, that's a pretty strict definition. Even if you do consider it processed, it's still whole meat and it's not "some weird chemical concoction" or whatever that girl said. It's just whole cured ham.

So let's recap: an Egg McMuffin consists of one whole egg, a standard English muffin identical to the ones you get at the grocery, a slice of whole cured ham, and a slice of cheese.

No **** the muffins and cheese are processed. No one said they weren't. So what? Oh no, bread is processed! Herp derp. All bread and cheese is processed.

The point is the McMuffin consists of a completely typical English muffin, a completely typical slice of cured ham, a completely typical whole egg, and a completely typical slice of cheese. None of it is some weird chemical concoction like the girl said. End of story.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Excellent. That describes our chickens. I always knew I was 31337, now give me w4r3z.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

No **** the muffins and cheese are processed. No one said they weren't. So what? Oh no, bread is processed! Herp derp. All bread and cheese is processed.

The point is the McMuffin consists of a completely typical English muffin, a completely typical slice of cured ham, a completely typical whole egg, and a completely typical slice of cheese. None of it is some weird chemical concoction like the girl said. End of story.

and those typical ingredients consumed as a part of the typical american diet make us a nation of people who are typically sick and obese.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Meat is only real if you rip it from the carcass with your own teeth.
  • jonnythan
    Options

and those typical ingredients consumed as a part of the typical american diet make us a nation of people who are typically sick and obese.

Bread, eggs, milk, and pork are the reason we're sick and obese. Got it. Thanks.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

weird because right now i'm eating uncured bacon that has no nitrates, and the only ingredients are pork belly, salt, sugar, and spices.

compare that to the "ham" above
  • jonnythan
    Options

weird because right now i'm eating uncured bacon that has no nitrates, and the only ingredients are pork belly, salt, sugar, and spices.

That's awesome. Maybe if I stopped eating cured ham I could be rad like you.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Bread, eggs, milk, and pork are the reason we're sick and obese. Got it. Thanks.

glad you're catching on.
  • jonnythan
    Options

glad you're catching on.

Why eat bread, eggs, milk, or pork when you can just buy a jug of powder? I mean srsly.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

That's awesome. Maybe if I stopped eating cured ham I could be rad like you.
    probably
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Of course. People only started eating those foods in the last couple of decades when the obesity rates and sickness rates started to skyrocket.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

glad you're catching on.

Why eat bread, eggs, milk, or pork when you can just buy a jug of powder? I mean srsly.

find the powder in my diary. it's open.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Of course. People only started eating those foods in the last couple of decades when the obesity rates and sickness rates started to skyrocket.

enriched white flour? yep

corn-fed chicken? yep

skim milk? yep

heavily processed pork with nitrates? yep.

all in the last 50 years. :)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You've only eaten there once in 5 years??? Go for it -- eat whatever you want. Don't make it a habit and you'll be fine!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I ate from McDonalds last night. It was fabulous.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    The overpriced jugs of powder he sells are not processed. It's natural powder harvested directly from trees.